RAHEEM STERLING - Official Thread

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:46 am

red till i die!!

For starters yakka he isn't the one who sets the ticket prices or will be the one increasing the price of them either.
Ive said enough in the last few pages on his situation and don't want to be repeating myself. you know where i stand on it.

Point was that he was just a shyte today as a lot of them regardless of how much he is being paid or wants to be paid. It isn't the first time he has played like that nor the last but it suits you now to hate on the lad because of his contract situation. Do you really think that LFC just rang up Sturridges agent one day out of the blue and said we are going to give danny a pay rise and he didn't use the players position to negotiate a sweet little reported 150 k. He has really justified that hasn't he ?

Sturridge is 25/26 and in the prime years of his career, you expect to pay players at that stage of their careers a bit extra, Sterling however only turned 20 in December.
What's more Danny isn't playing hard ball with the club either.
Even if Sterling signs a new contract I don't reckon he'd see it out anyway, I get the sense that he see's us as a 'stepping stone' to bigger things.
I say sell him on our terms now instead of letting him doing an Owen/McManaman on us. His replacement is already at the club.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby andy c legs » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:43 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:46 pm wrote:
red till i die!!

For starters yakka he isn't the one who sets the ticket prices or will be the one increasing the price of them either.
Ive said enough in the last few pages on his situation and don't want to be repeating myself. you know where i stand on it.

Point was that he was just a shyte today as a lot of them regardless of how much he is being paid or wants to be paid. It isn't the first time he has played like that nor the last but it suits you now to hate on the lad because of his contract situation. Do you really think that LFC just rang up Sturridges agent one day out of the blue and said we are going to give danny a pay rise and he didn't use the players position to negotiate a sweet little reported 150 k. He has really justified that hasn't he ?

Sturridge is 25/26 and in the prime years of his career, you expect to pay players at that stage of their careers a bit extra, Sterling however only turned 20 in December.
What's more Danny isn't playing hard ball with the club either.
Even if Sterling signs a new contract I don't reckon he'd see it out anyway, I get the sense that he see's us as a 'stepping stone' to bigger things.
I say sell him on our terms now instead of letting him doing an Owen/McManaman on us. His replacement is already at the club.

I ve been saying this now for the last week or two. We MUST avoid an Owen situation occuring at all costs. Give Sterling a date in the summer and if he has not signed a contract extension by then - sell him to the highest bidder. No messing. ???
[b]I am and always will be in love with them...
andy c legs
LFC Basic Member

Postby The_Rock » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:18 am

I agree with most of the comments regarding sterling.

If real madrid is stupid enough to pay $50M for him, If man city want him for $60M, i reckon just sell him. IBE seems like a competant replacement. Markovic (when played in his correct position and not as a freckin WingBack) might do a job too.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:32 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:30 am wrote:I like Stirling and think he could turn into the real deal for us in time....

But we've never been held to random by a player in the past and I can't see it happening in the future. Either he signs a new deal in the summer or he can f**k off for £50+ million. Ibe and Markovic can cover his role (although the latter needs to work on his defensive work) but I don't think we'd struggle without Stirling. 

He either wants to be a Liverpool player or he doesn't. Simple.

Honestly just what do you expect for £7.5m a year  :laugh:

Seriously I'd take anything north of £30m  !!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:39 pm

Love him or hate him, Harry Redknapp makes a very good point

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:06 am

If Harry's advising him then we are doomed !! He'll expect tax free financial gifts (ummmmmm !!!) from FSG on a regular basis no doubt  :laugh: Got to love Arry  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:24 am

devaney » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:06 am wrote:If Harry's advising him then we are doomed !! He'll expect tax free financial gifts (ummmmmm !!!) from FSG on a regular basis no doubt  :laugh: Got to love Arry  :laugh:

In this case I totally agree with him. It is probably his agent but if this carries on his reputation with us may not recover.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:15 am

I thought Raheem had a really good game last night for England, back in one of his normal positions across the front 3, either that or he hears Bayern scouts were there lol

On a serious not, i would pick him over Mario to play up top until Sturridge is back, the pace up top dosnt just create for himself it also creates for others
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:41 am

I honestly believe this lad wants back to London (Gooners, Chavs) and i honestly believe we need to be prepared that he will leave

If rumor's are to be believed, he won't sign regardless of how much we offer

Sell him to the highest bidder and bring on Ibe
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:50 pm

Selling Sterling might actually be good business for us, not just £££ but we seriously need to weed out mercenaries of his kind. Unlike Suarez, Sterling do not (yet) have the capacity to take charge of a game and/or get us out of trouble in a sticky game. Besides his attitude really sucks, and he could be bad influence in dressing room.

But by publicly announcing that he is leaving, this prick might just put the club in defensive when negotiating a larger transfer fee. The club should step in and put an end to all these. We should be using the money and sign a real top class striker that could actually play 30+ games for us per season. With Origi coming back and not rushing Sturridge back, we might just have serious competition up front next season. Give Ibe and a couple of other youngster (Teixeira, Sinclair, Rissiter, Ojo) a good run and see if they make the grade. These new boys might just suddenly make selling Sterling a good piece of business. What do you think?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:43 pm

Everything in the Press about this is total rubbish, sensationalist journo *****. RS really wants to stay at LFC (despite what is written in the tabloids or broadsheets).

RS has not been offered £180k a week, he has not turned any offer down because negotiations are still ongoing.

It would not be wise to sell RS at this time, though it seems some want to sell a player as soon as they have a drop in form for whoever is next in line (i.e. the next young thing, IBE, then what happens when he has an off day.....). LFC really need to hold on to players like RS, he has the talent and attributes to be a top player for LFC. He's just needs to be developed and managed in the right way (which unfortunately, BR is not doing). LFC can't sell talent like RS, otherwise LFC will not go anywhere as a club, ever.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:50 pm

Totally agree with Kash.

I am baffled as to the readiness from so many of our fans to let a top quality young player leave.
Ibe looks a good player but is yet to score a goal in a red shirt. There's a long way to go before we can say he has had the same impact on the team as Sterling.
The lads into double figures again this season despite being played all over the pitch.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:26 pm

Santa » Mar 30th, '15, 12:50 wrote:Selling Sterling might actually be good business for us, not just £££ but we seriously need to weed out mercenaries of his kind. Unlike Suarez, Sterling do not (yet) have the capacity to take charge of a game and/or get us out of trouble in a sticky game. Besides his attitude really sucks, and he could be bad influence in dressing room.

But by publicly announcing that he is leaving, this prick might just put the club in defensive when negotiating a larger transfer fee. The club should step in and put an end to all these. We should be using the money and sign a real top class striker that could actually play 30+ games for us per season. With Origi coming back and not rushing Sturridge back, we might just have serious competition up front next season. Give Ibe and a couple of other youngster (Teixeira, Sinclair, Rissiter, Ojo) a good run and see if they make the grade. These new boys might just suddenly make selling Sterling a good piece of business. What do you think?

I hear what you are saying Santa, but imo, no, no way should RS be sold. He is one of LFC's talented players. He needs to be developed and managed properly. The Press have really gone to task with the "RS story".

Definitely agree with giving the youngsters a go, but more established players (strikers etc) still need to be there to help the youngsters on the field.

Origi really is not ready for the EPL. It may take him a quite a while to make the transition for the French league to EPL.

Regarding Suarez, despite what Suarez did, he was actually a very bad apple, was very bad influence in the dressing room, and forced his way out of the Club. I for one am glad he was sold. The Club knew at least 12 -18 months before he was eventually sold that LS was desperate to leave LFC.  LS got involved in biting incidents and racial issues and consequently given lengthy bans. By doing all of that and other thing, he actually spent more than a year trying to work out his exit from the Club. He even tried to move to Arsenal. He threatened the club with legal action (maybe this part is not so well known), which he’s done elsewhere. All the whilst doing this, he was dragging the name of LFC through the mud.

He was he banned for around 20+ games, and would have been more but this was avoided (by LFC) because of he’s consequent sale.  He cost the Club a lot regarding reputation and caused embarrassment because of him threatening legal action and actively looking to move/court other clubs.  He’s actually cost  Dalglish (a fellow whose done a great deal for LFC) his job.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:15 pm

Santa » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:50 pm wrote:Selling Sterling might actually be good business for us, not just £££ but we seriously need to weed out mercenaries of his kind. Unlike Suarez, Sterling do not (yet) have the capacity to take charge of a game and/or get us out of trouble in a sticky game. Besides his attitude really sucks, and he could be bad influence in dressing room.

selling your best players is never good  :no
Sterling as you put it correctly is no match winner but he is one of our best players unfortunately. He has over 100 first team games under his belt and he is still raw where as it will take a long time for those younger lads to gain that experience with no guarantee's they will be any better for it.

Ibe as ben pointed out has yet to score and still has a lot to learn. Origi isn't exactly ripping it up in France and from what I have seen of him he won't be doing that in the prem either. Teixeira is a fantastic little player but I don't think rodgers agrees. The lad is 23 now i think and was overlooked for alberto last season and sent out on loan this one and will probably be sold next one. Sinclair, Rossiter and ojo have a way to go as its a big difference stepping up. Besides I think we have a relatively inexperienced side anyway and we can't afford to be adding several more again this year.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:55 pm

I'm now more than made up my mind about Sterling if what we're hearing is true. There is no other choice but to sell him. He is hardly irreplaceable. In fact he hasn't had a good game since the contract negotiation saga started.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion