Next seasons strikeforce

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RedAnt » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:01 pm

What will next season's strike force be like? Assuming we qualify for the CL next year, how many strikers should we have competing for a place? Considering our formation and the fact we've played with no striker at all at times, will we need so many as four? What kind if strikers should fill those spots? With Origi's imminent arrival, and Rodgers lack of faith in him, will Mario be leaving? What should we do about the injury prone Sturridge? What of Borini? Will he finally naff off?
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby C-R » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:12 pm

Origi, Ings, Sturridge + 1 more surprise ??

I think Sterling will be gone if the right bid comes in :)
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:55 pm

cardiff-red » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:12 pm wrote:Origi, Ings, Sturridge + 1 more surprise ??

I think Sterling will be gone if the right bid comes in :)

I forgot to even mention Sterling, yet it was him that set me thinking about it. You're probably right, if a good bid from abroad came in it might be accepted. Would the money be reinvested, and in attack?

I'd still aim for three senior strikers and one, maybe two (depending on Origi's settling, ability and role) young players (one from the academy if there is one).

I do believe Balotelli has something to offer, but I've come to doubt we'll ever see it, so Sturridge's injury issues need to be taken into account this time.
RedAnt

Postby damjan193 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:32 pm

I don't mind Ings, think he does have potential but I'm sick of signing kids, you don't build a team like that, you need experience as well. I want an experienced striker as well, not too expensive but not too cheep either, some 20-25 mill or something. Meaning it won't be Benzema or someone like that but it would be enough for someone like Lacazette for example.

Personally, I think we only need a striker and a midfielder for this summer window, but they'll need to be good and preferably experienced.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:43 am

Mario out, Borini out and bring in a PROVEN striker along with a youngster, like Ings.

Who?  I don't know...I'm a bit lost on our trop draw pull these days, but someone with a track record of 20+ goals a season is a must, even if they only convert half of those goals in the PL.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:39 pm

Kind of on topic, but here is an interesting statistic on who has scored what for us in the league so far this season

Not good reading, when you consider that at the same time last season we had Suarez on 30+ goals and Sturridge on 20+ goals, i know obviously Suarez is gone and Sturridge has had his injuries, but what a huge difference, ultimately you could say it is the difference between us ending up in the top 7 rather than the top 4 this season
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:36 pm

cardiff-red » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:39 pm wrote:Kind of on topic, but here is an interesting statistic on who has scored what for us in the league so far this season

Not good reading, when you consider that at the same time last season we had Suarez on 30+ goals and Sturridge on 20+ goals, i know obviously Suarez is gone and Sturridge has had his injuries, but what a huge difference, ultimately you could say it is the difference between us ending up in the top 7 rather than the top 4 this season

Those stats are eye opening. I'd say it proves we can't rely on Sturridge for another whole season. With both Balo and Borini likely to leave and Sterlings situation up in the air, surely even BR must see this area needs strengthening.
RedAnt

Postby Reg » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:48 pm

We can't rely on Danny, time for him to move on. Borini, Lambert, Balo.... OMG...... we don't have a strike force at all!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:53 pm

We don't need anymore f**king babies at the club! We need quality, a proven striker that can get us 20-25 goals a season.

Sturridge, Origi and Lambert will definately be here next season.

Balotelli is 50/50.

Borini, I would personally shoot in the head and be done with the idiot.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby andy c legs » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:37 pm

eds » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:53 pm wrote:We don't need anymore f**king babies at the club! We need quality, a proven striker that can get us 20-25 goals a season.

Sturridge, Origi and Lambert will definately be here next season.

Balotelli is 50/50.

Borini, I would personally shoot in the head and be done with the idiot.

I totally agree with your first statement 'eds'. That's the player we needed well before this season began. I don't care how much he costs either. I'll not be expecting miracles.  But if we do have to get shot of Sterling then that will be a big wad towards that striker we need. Let's hope he has pace too.

I'd keep Balo. Yes I know he's a lazy sod but I'm still going to harp back to that Spurs a game when we had 3 fit players up front and looked frightening. If only Studge had not got crocked when he did. I don't want to start a debate on Balo again so suffice to say I'd like to see him maybe play as part of a pair, with another player tucked behind - like Coutinho. 

Origi could struggle for all we know but I'd defo promote another attacking player from the reserves to the squad - like Harry Wilson maybe?

I'd say to Lambo - it's up to you whether you stay, knowing, as a reds fans, he probably will listen to his heart and keep warming the bench but really, he should go for the sake of the remaining few years of his career.

Borini - well that's a bit extreme to shoot him!! But certainly gets to the point. How many more hints does the lad have to have!!! He should have gone to Sunderland when he could have and that £14 mill would have paid for Balo! :;):
[b]I am and always will be in love with them...
andy c legs
LFC Basic Member

Postby parchpea » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:19 am

Will Sturridge be fit? God only knows what the strike force will be, and its clear this season he needs a better alongside to take the
heat off his legs otherwise the lads picking up injury's.

Sterlings off by the look and FSG wont pay for the best so it will be yet another annual rebuild for Brendan Rodgers and the mythical
Anfield committee.

Rodgers is a brilliant manager and will be courted by higher paying, bigger resourced clubs than ours where he will be given a free reign
on recruitment and honestly he might just do one and stick the V up at Ayre and FSG.

We are at a crossroads of going back or forwards here, selling stars and not paying enough out to replace, its a crucial summer.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:41 am

parchpea » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:19 pm wrote:Will Sturridge be fit? God only knows what the strike force will be, and its clear this season he needs a better alongside to take the
heat off his legs otherwise the lads picking up injury's.

Sterlings off by the look and FSG wont pay for the best so it will be yet another annual rebuild for Brendan Rodgers and the mythical
Anfield committee.

Rodgers is a brilliant manager and will be courted by higher paying, bigger resourced clubs than ours where he will be given a free reign
on recruitment and honestly he might just do one and stick the V up at Ayre and FSG.

We are at a crossroads of going back or forwards here, selling stars and not paying enough out to replace, its a crucial summer.

What rubbish.

If you actually look at all of Rodger's signings (not just at this club) you will realise he has brought in a s**tload of dross in every transfer window. There is no chance any elite club in Europe such as a Real Madrid or Barcelona would ever appoint him manager with his current track record. This delusion that he is a "brilliant manager" is quiet staggering and I can't believe how you cultists get away with these incredibly outlandish statements.   :help

But with the other stuff you have said about the owners, I couldn't agree anymore.

Unfortunately we came to "the crossroads" last season when we had an almighty decision to make with Suarez. FSG and the owners clearly showed us their intentions by selling him and putting all the pressure on Rodgers to succeed with the money that was allocated to him. The problem was that we had not properly re-built the squad before Suarez was allowed to move on. Have a look at the actual money the Russian invested into players at Chelsea when he took over, and the Sheiks at City then compare that to the NET amount of spend these yanks have put into our player purchases. It's not even a fraction of what they spent and paints a very disturbing picture.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:25 am

If we can get CL football next year then I would go for Higuain especially aqs they will struggle to get in the CL themselves

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:17 pm

Some good strikers in europe at the minute like lacazetta and Vietto who we could get at a decent price before there valuation and popularity grows.

I got a feeling Rodgers will go straight for Ings who I have a strong feeling might be a one season wonder.

Also this Origi kd looks very average and his goal ratio is on par with Lamberts and Borini.. and even worse he's getting more game time that these two in a poorer league. I gotta feeling he's gonna be a massive flop.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion