SUSO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:06 am

Fowler_E7 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:10 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:07 pm wrote:I think there is a strong case for this lads inclusion  ,especially when we seem to have only two inventive players in Lallana and Coutinho who are getting regular starts.
We all know the lad knows where the net is ,and would provide a far better option than the 'outstanding young man' we currently have up front.

Suso upfront? he's never a striker in a million years

There's me thinking it would be useful to have someone up front who knows where the onion bag is .....Well that's me told  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:21 am

By Rhys Turrell / Published 15th January 2015

Liverpool are unhappy with Suso's behaviour

The Spaniard has struggled to make a breakthrough at Anfield since his 2010 move from Cadiz.

The 21-year-old spent last season on loan at Almeria, and has made just 14 appearances for Liverpool since his 2012 debut.

AC Milan had previously agreed to sign Suso on a free transfer at the end of the season.

However, the San Siro giants have reportedly agreed an undisclosed fee to bring the deal forward by six months.

And according to the Daily Express, Liverpool are furious with the player after he flew to Italy for a medical without their permission.

It is understood that the youngster jetted off to Milan on a day off last Sunday to undergo a physical assessment prior to penning a four-and-a-half year deal.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:22 am

Suso’s time at Liverpool looks over sooner than expected, with the club reportedly unhappy with the 21-year-old’s behaviour over the weekend.

Both the Echo and the Telegraph‘s Chris Bascombe claim that Suso didn’t inform the club that he was undertaking a medical at AC Milan on Sunday, doing it without their permission.

It was expected that the young Spaniard would leave Anfield when his contract is up this summer, but Brendan Rodgers is now willing to let him go this month for an additional fee.

Suso’s time with the Reds has not been plain sailing, and there are strong rumours that his attitude has been questionable during his spell at the club.

He made his debut in September 2012, just a few months after Rodgers took charge, and showed some impressive form during the first-half of the 2012/13 season.

He eventually lost his place though, and spent the whole of last season on loan at La Liga side Almeria. He hasn’t shown enough to impress Rodgers since returning, and it appears he has now played his last game for Liverpool.

The attacking midfielder has made 21 Reds appearances in total, scoring once
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:22 pm

A promising player who never really got beyond that stage and it's best to move him on. Although I think this transfer shows how far AC Milan have fallen, rather than how far Suso has come.

The lad hardly set the world alight at Almería during his loan and was also fined and dropped for missing training. He might make it in Italy, but I don't think he's cut out for the Premier League.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:04 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:31 pm

2 goals against a third division side in a friendly?

Not good enough.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:33 pm

Was he sold to Milan, or loaned? I thought he was still on our books.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:06 pm

Suso scored plenty of goals like that for our reserves. He has a lot of good qualities but too many bad ones to make it at the top level. And his application has been questioned by a number of people.

Milan took a punt on decent youngster but I don’t think he’ll forge out much of a career there despite them being a shadow of the club they once were. I don’t think he’s started a single game since he’s been there?
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:42 pm

Pig Catcher » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:06 pm wrote:Suso scored plenty of goals like that for our reserves. He has a lot of good qualities but too many bad ones to make it at the top level. And his application has been questioned by a number of people.

Milan took a punt on decent youngster but I don’t think he’ll forge out much of a career there despite them being a shadow of the club they once were. I don’t think he’s started a single game since he’s been there?

Think he had a few minutes in a Cup game with the first team so far.

Bit disappointing to read so many writing him off just because he left. The Echo also had a go at him the other week with a big headline " The Grass Isn't always Greener ". Never seen the Echo have a pop at any Ex-player before.
What none of you can deny is that he is talented but what you forget is that he is still only 21 and moving to a new league and lifestyle and that was less than 3 months ago.
He will be a regular in that side next season  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:12 am

Always liked the look of Suso me and thought he would be at the least a good option off the bench. Like he showed in the Middlesborough cup game this season. But surely all of the recent managers cant be wrong. Kenny didnt play him, Brendan was happy to let him go and when he went on loan to Almeria he didnt set the world alight. Infact he wasnt even a definite starter. I am sure he will do ok but he's obviously not of that top level standard you want from your attacking players.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:51 pm

Dunno if anyone has followed Suso, but after managing just 6 appearances for AC Milian he has been shipped out on loan to Genoa with an option to buy.

Shame, he looked promising a few years back, but his career looks like it's going to end in the lower leagues. Genoa are pish poor and are unlikely to stay in the league or buy Suso.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mramo » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:46 pm

Blame the buffoon that sold him to Milan.
mramo

Postby Reg » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:33 am

Football is a job like any other and if you want to get to the top then stay at the top you have to work very hard. Most footballers think they have a natural gift and don't work to improve their performance hence short careers and in general, failure to fulfill potential. Most of the current Liverpool players fall into this category, none of them are hungry.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:00 pm

Reg » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:33 am wrote:Football is a job like any other and if you want to get to the top then stay at the top you have to work very hard. Most footballers think they have a natural gift and don't work to improve their performance hence short careers and in general, failure to fulfill potential. Most of the current Liverpool players fall into this category, none of them are hungry.

You're probably right.

He has all the technical ability in the world, but was too lightweight for the PL. Why didn't he bulk up a bit like Stirling and Ibe?  I'm also pretty sure he was fined by his previous loan club for being late to training. Sounds like he's one of those players who's happy to turn up, do a bit of training and cash his pay at the end of the week.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SkippyRed » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:38 pm

A shame he left when he did, would have loved him to get a chance under Klopp. But it looks like he is going to end up on Sh*t teams and end with a career that isn't as flattering as it should be.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion