DANIEL STURRIDGE- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby only me » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:11 pm

cardiff-red » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:58 am wrote:40 goals in 65 games speaks for itself but this is his 14th injury with Liverpool in 2 years. We need a striker that's above him.

Spot on! When healthy Daniel is the best as they come but never can he be our only quality striker ,never. It has been obvious to anyone with a set of healthy eyes ,well apparently almost everyone...I hate managers which gamble their team away ,Rafa did it with Aqua BR did it with Daniel ,it's pathetic and criminal.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:28 pm

Its in the Mirror that he is out for 4 weeks  :down: Just what we needed for a run at 4th.

I think its insane that we put all our hopes this season on his fitness when the lad is a crock. On his day he rivals the best but those days are few and far between and he has pretty much done nothing this season. We have to sign a proper striker in the summer as Origi is not going to be the answer if sturridge suffers another season like this.

For the next few weeks we may try and get something from Balotelli as Sterling hasn't got the goals in him that we need  :no
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Kopite-Jud » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:42 am

Kopite-Jud

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:53 am

Undoubted skill, when fit one of the first names on the team sheet BUT given his injury record , before and after joining us, I honestly don't think it would be wise to plan a future that includes Sturridge.

I know he's signed a new contract so I assume he won't be going anywhere soon, can only hope however that our manager recognises that given his fragility there's a fair chance Sturridge won't be available for large chunks of his time with us and sets about making other plans and views the time Sturridge may be fit as something of a bonus.

I'm beginning to honestly fear for the lads future, he wouldn't be the first player to be forced to retire due to constant/recurring injuries   :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:15 pm

woof woof ! » Apr 27th, '15, 11:53 wrote:Undoubted skill, when fit one of the first names on the team sheet BUT given his injury record , before and after joining us, I honestly don't think it would be wise to plan a future that includes Sturridge.

I know he's signed a new contract so I assume he won't be going anywhere soon, can only hope however that our manager recognises that given his fragility there's a fair chance Sturridge won't be available for large chunks of his time with us and sets about making other plans and views the time Sturridge may be fit as something of a bonus.

I'm beginning to honestly fear for the lads future, he wouldn't be the first player to be forced to retire due to constant/recurring injuries   :(

I really hope he makes a quick recovery.

BR knew that DS was injury prone because of the type of player he is, fast pace, twist, turns etc etc, but BR just didn't plan ahead to ensure appropriate cover is there. Total mismanagement.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Dundreamin is back » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:53 pm

According to the football gossip page on BBC teletext. Sturridge is out for the rest of the season. Doesn't matter anyway our season ended at Wembley v Villa
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:24 pm

We've just got to hope that this season was a one off, yes he's injury prone but those injuries usually result in a few weeks out, this season he's basically missed the entire campaign.
If he'd done his cruciate or something you could understand that type of lay off but it's rare for a player to miss practically an entire season through a succession of muscle injuries.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Dundreamin is back » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:24 pm

YCSATBJYWTBLASTKAMB. I used to have your undying loyalty, but this season I have seen LFC go backwards and after so many false dawns my bond with this great club, still the best on earth IMHO snapped. Don't get me wrong I still love the club but something has in my heart has died. These days we are going back to the Souness years
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:54 pm

Dundreamin is back » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:24 pm wrote:YCSATBJYWTBLASTKAMB. I used to have your undying loyalty, but this season I have seen LFC go backwards and after so many false dawns my bond with this great club, still the best on earth IMHO snapped. Don't get me wrong I still love the club but something has in my heart has died. These days we are going back to the Souness years

Football isn't a level playing field mate, you've got 2 no mark clubs there in Chelsea and City who before they were bought out had a combined total of 3 league titles in over 200 years of football between the two of them. Now they are 2 of the most powerful clubs in the world, that mate, is the power of money.
Money can literally turn no marks into English and European champions, that is what we are up against.
Imo it's pointless getting too frustrated with the current management and squad for not being able to overturn that type of an advantage because it is one hell of an advantage.
Look at every league across Europe and the clubs who are significantly richer than their counterparts all dominate - Real, Barca, Bayern, PSG etc.
Make no mistake if Rodgers or anyone else manage to take us to the title it would be one of the greatest achievements in sport.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:16 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:54 pm wrote:
Dundreamin is back » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:24 pm wrote:YCSATBJYWTBLASTKAMB. I used to have your undying loyalty, but this season I have seen LFC go backwards and after so many false dawns my bond with this great club, still the best on earth IMHO snapped. Don't get me wrong I still love the club but something has in my heart has died. These days we are going back to the Souness years

Football isn't a level playing field mate, you've got 2 no mark clubs there in Chelsea and City who before they were bought out had a combined total of 3 league titles in over 200 years of football between the two of them. Now they are 2 of the most powerful clubs in the world, that mate, is the power of money.
Money can literally turn no marks into English and European champions, that is what we are up against.
Imo it's pointless getting too frustrated with the current management and squad for not being able to overturn that type of an advantage because it is one hell of an advantage.
Look at every league across Europe and the clubs who are significantly richer than their counterparts all dominate - Real, Barca, Bayern, PSG etc.
Make no mistake if Rodgers or anyone else manage to take us to the title it would be one of the greatest achievements in sport.

What you lack in funds you should compensate in wits; smarts ;great scouting; tactics and more and more...Sure the mighty  $$ roles the world but you can still level the playing fields with doing things a bit better or a bit different. ..for example don't start the season with only one striker which is injury prone...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:38 pm

only me » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:16 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:54 pm wrote:

What you lack in funds you should compensate in wits; smarts ;great scouting; tactics and more and more...Sure the mighty  $$ roles the world but you can still level the playing fields with doing things a bit better or a bit different. ..for example don't start the season with only one striker which is injury prone...

Easier said than done though mate, those wealthy clubs aren't managed by mugs and they use their immense wealth to put in place some great infastructure themselves, have you seen the training complex City are putting together? It has its own luxury hotel and state of the art miniature stadium, Chelsea have appeared in 6 of the last 8 youth cup finals, it's tough to compete with these teams on any level.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:41 am

woof woof ! » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:53 pm wrote:Undoubted skill, when fit one of the first names on the team sheet BUT given his injury record , before and after joining us, I honestly don't think it would be wise to plan a future that includes Sturridge.

But if you accept he can be kept as a wild card then Balotelli, Borini and Lambert have to be shipped out. We should have 2 recognised trikers and one woldcard and not 3 wildcards.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:11 am

woof woof ! » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:53 am wrote:Undoubted skill, when fit one of the first names on the team sheet BUT given his injury record , before and after joining us, I honestly don't think it would be wise to plan a future that includes Sturridge.

Mate, there is no doubt for what he cost us, he was a steal. But I have always maintained that he is not one we can depend on as someone to lead the line on a consistent basis.

My reasons however, had nothing to do with his fragility.
While he never had a sterling, injury free record prior to joining us, I had no idea it was as bad as this.

I have always maintained that his mental fragility was the main reason he should not be counted on when the chips were down. Especially when he does not have someone who can take glare of expectation aware from him like he had in Suarez. If we continue to pin our hopes on Dan to lead the line for us next year, we will pay the price again. We need someone else.

This is the one area we have never adequately addressed in the club. Mental toughness and belief.
You can bring in all the skillfull payers you like from all corners of the globe. But without this one quality, we will always fall prey to clubs like chelsea and the style of play of lower echelon clubs who are set out to defend ala TONY pulis.

When we loss Suarez, we did not just lose a world class forward.... we lost the hunger, desire and never say die attitude he brought along with him.
ConnO'var

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:24 am

Reg » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:41 am wrote:
woof woof ! » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:53 pm wrote:Undoubted skill, when fit one of the first names on the team sheet BUT given his injury record , before and after joining us, I honestly don't think it would be wise to plan a future that includes Sturridge.

But if you accept he can be kept as a wild card then Balotelli, Borini and Lambert have to be shipped out. We should have 2 recognised trikers and one woldcard and not 3 wildcards.

Reg irrespective of the situation with Sturridge I wouldn't hesitate for a nano second to show Balotelli, and Borini the door. In fact I'll be fking fuming if either of those two are still with us next term. As for Lambert, not sure what his contract is but if he wants to continue purely as a back up until his contract expires I'd have no problem with that.

Meanwhile we've got Origi to come into the team, (high hopes for the lad but he is still relatively raw) we can therefore only pray that Rodgers will somehow be able to find and bring in a first choice striker of proven quality and experience.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:02 pm

Sturridge is a big loss but he is a far cry from sorting his injuries out IMO. He picks up far too many niggling injuries that has him missing games and when he returns he is always carrying a knock. Has he ever being fully fit for us  :eyebrow

This season was a disaster for him when he took a knock back in september but yet all our start spangled training methods, recovery programs tailored to suit the player and sending him off to the states to party didn't amount to squat. The lad is a crock and while he might not miss a full season again he will be gone every few weeks.

Bodgers thinks he is going to sort this but I beg to differ. He has brought 5 strikers in 3 years and his idea of us being sorted will be next season's strike force of sturridge, Ings, origi and the one we can't get rid of.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion