Liverpool V Blackburn - FA CUP - Sunday 8th March - K.O. 4pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby only me » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:44 pm

damjan193 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:58 pm wrote:
only me » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:47 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:33 am wrote:In the past when it hasn't quite been our day (like yesterday) we'd usually end up getting beat, we have been dumped out of the F.A cup by the likes of Burnley (when they were a lower division club), Barnsley, Reading and Oldham in the last decade alone so I'm just happy to see us have an off day and survive it.
It's a testament to how resilient we have become that we didn't fall for a sucker punch.

What is this "off day" everyone is talking about? might it be related to unnecessary tinkering by our manager which already cost us heavily this season?

You won't give it up won't you? You'll use everything to raise your voice against Brendan, regardless if it's true or not or if it makes sense or not. Fighting to the death, I love it.

There was no tinkering, Allen was injured (even if you didn't know, the fact that he wasn't even on the bench should have been a big enough indication), Sakho has been out for a while, obviously BR feels he's not yet match fit, same goes for Stevie. The only player that was rested was Moreno. But yeah, go ahead and throw your stones at the manager while you still can.

I mean, I can understand some mild criticism when it's justified, I do that myself, but some of you are ridiculous.

Wasn't aware Allen was injured...Coutinho wasn't on the bench in Istanbul as well....BR is a serial tinker...and the fact Glen played blowed my top as well...my criticism of BR is factual based but I'm willing to stand corrected..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:00 pm

Only Me - You suggest that Rogers is a clueless tinkerer and tactician based on your endless criticism. Do you know what our league record is over the last 12 matches? Well just in case you don't because by the way you constantly talk shite I think it is unlikely that you have got a clue - Rogers has actually amassed 26 points out of 30

No doubt you'll whinge and moan that Rogers got things wrong at the beginning of the season and simply ignore that losing Suarez to Barca and Danny to injury were obstacles that should have been easily overcome. Try and give the lad some credit. Yes he tinkers and over the last 12 matches he has achieved more points than any other Premiership manager. Have a go by all means - get frustrated - but for fk sake talk sense !!!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:21 pm

Fecking hell lads, calm down, we're playing decent football and just a whisker away from the top 4.

Ok, it wasn't a vintage performance, but we didn't lose and (in my opinion) we were unlucky not to win by a couple of goals. We'll play them again in a month (with Lucas and Gerrard back) and do them over by a few goals. Then Wembley will await.  :;):
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:15 pm

devaney » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:00 pm wrote:Only Me - You suggest that Rogers is a clueless tinkerer and tactician based on your endless criticism. Do you know what our league record is over the last 12 matches? Well just in case you don't because by the way you constantly talk shite I think it is unlikely that you have got a clue - Rogers has actually amassed 26 points out of 30

No doubt you'll whinge and moan that Rogers got things wrong at the beginning of the season and simply ignore that losing Suarez to Barca and Danny to injury were obstacles that should have been easily overcome. Try and give the lad some credit. Yes he tinkers and over the last 12 matches he has achieved more points than any other Premiership manager. Have a go by all means - get frustrated - but for fk sake talk sense !!!!

No need to open another discussion over BR on this thread ,you can take it to the Rodgers thread in which i said my mind. Your analysis of his achievement is partial but i don't want to open it again. Like i said if he secures us a CL position and the opportunity of a Cup i'll reevaluate my position on his overall performance this year. BTW you comfortably forget to mention that in this magnificent (and i'm not being cynical) run in he  miserably failed in the Europa league due to tinkering with the lineup in another knockout game....you lads have a very limited view of the overall situation..just imagine what are the implications of not securing CL football next season...What will the owner confidence be in trusting BR with large sums of money..Your idea of talking sense is providing a very narrow summery of events...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:20 pm

devaney » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:00 pm wrote:Only Me - You suggest that Rogers is a clueless tinkerer and tactician based on your endless criticism. Do you know what our league record is over the last 12 matches? Well just in case you don't because by the way you constantly talk shite I think it is unlikely that you have got a clue - Rogers has actually amassed 26 points out of 30

BTW i don't think BR is a clueless tactician he brought to Anfield  the most exciting football in a decade but a manager has more duties and responsibility which he needs to answer for.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:42 am

I'm sure you all know by now but if we get past Blackburn we have got Villa in the semi's. I seem to remember that we played them in the semi's back in 96 (the year of the white Armani suits).
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:04 pm

Liverpool will play their FA Cup quarter-final replay against Blackburn Rovers exactly a month after the original tie, it has been confirmed.

The Reds will make the short journey to Ewood Park on April 8 for a 7.45pm kick-off.

The huge gap between the games is due to the fact the replay cannot take place on nights with Champions League or Europa League football while there is also an international break at the end of the month.

Extra-time and penalties will obviously be a possibility on the night if the sides are still level after 90 minutes.

For Liverpool the tie falls reasonably well with Arsenal away falling the previous Saturday and the Newcastle home game scheduled for the following Monday.

Ticketing arrangements for the replay at Ewood will be announced as soon as possible.

After last night's draw for the semi-finals of the FA Cup, the winners of the replay will play Aston Villa at Wembley Stadium on either Saturday, April 18 or Sunday, April 19.

Arsenal will play the winners of Bradford and Reading replay in the other tie.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games