Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:25 am

Thommo's perm » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:13 pm wrote:
fivecups wrote:
Thommo's perm » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:15 pm wrote:I think we should get rid of him before he wins too many games? How can we boot him out if he keeps getting jammy results? Its going to be even harder because his lucky streak seems to carry on going? What if this undoubted run of great fortune keeps on until the end of the season, qualifying for the CL AND winning silverware?
Lets hope he breaks a mirror, walks under a ladder and gets bitten by a black cat so we can get rid of this useless slacker!!
:nod

He still has to answer for the start of the season. Why did he keeping playing the same 4-3-3 formation over and over again just because it took us to second the year before? Why didn't he realise it wasn't working after two or three games and switch to a 3-4-3, it was so obviously the fix we needed? If he hadn't been so big headed and stubborn, not caring about results or the team but just about his own ego, where would we be now?

Woulda shoulda coulda! If me aunty had balls shed be me uncle?
Let it go and be happy for what is, not for what might have been?
:buttrock

Did you not detect the sarcasm betwixt the lines fella ,or did that slip unnoticed much like our Champions League campaign.  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:49 am

Thommo's perm » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:13 am wrote:
fivecups wrote:
Thommo's perm » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:15 pm wrote:I think we should get rid of him before he wins too many games? How can we boot him out if he keeps getting jammy results? Its going to be even harder because his lucky streak seems to carry on going? What if this undoubted run of great fortune keeps on until the end of the season, qualifying for the CL AND winning silverware?
Lets hope he breaks a mirror, walks under a ladder and gets bitten by a black cat so we can get rid of this useless slacker!!

He still has to answer for the start of the season. Why did he keeping playing the same 4-3-3 formation over and over again just because it took us to second the year before? Why didn't he realise it wasn't working after two or three games and switch to a 3-4-3, it was so obviously the fix we needed? If he hadn't been so big headed and stubborn, not caring about results or the team but just about his own ego, where would we be now?

Are you a closet happy-clappy?  :bowdown
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:39 pm

Yes I am a deluded, ignorant, gullible gobsh'ite who believes everything is perfect because I see things through rose tinted glasses...
:love:
Thommo's perm

Postby fivecups » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:48 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:18 pm wrote:
fivecups » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:23 pm wrote:

Notably still in the 'Champions League' and possibly not as driven as he apparently was to implement it at fucking Bournemouth ,when the best and most vital part of
our season was treated with contempt and disinterest ,you remember ,the same competition Suarez and co broke records in order for us to qualify. ???

You'd think by reading your post he was trying to get us knocked out of the Champions League. Why the f*ck would he do that? OK, we watch a few matches, sing a few songs, write a few words etc. etc. He bust himself getting us to second last season to get us back into the competition after a long absence. Do you think he didn't want to progress? It's ridiculous, of course he wants to win. It's not about ego, being right, or whatever, it's about giving us the best chance of winning our matches. You can't keep hammering him for perceived bad decisions without giving him credit for his good ones. How can you be hating now? Look at our record since we got beat by the Mancs. It's f*cking out of this world. He turned it around. He's a clever manager. Give him some credit. Give him some support. Stop being such a hater.

PS: alcohol-induced.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:31 pm

Well said!
Its interesting that those quick to slag him for losing are slow to praise him for winning? Losing is his fault, but winning is down to luck??
Yer cudnt make this sh'it up!!
:no
Thommo's perm

Postby fivecups » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:43 pm

Thommo's perm » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:13 pm wrote:
fivecups wrote:

Mate, I'm a card-carrying, 100% Rodgers apologist (ie. a Liverpool supporter). I support the Liverpool team, Liverpool players and Liverpool manager. If we go through a bad patch, a bad run, I dig in and support the team. I don't want a f*cking sugar daddy, I don't want to flip our manager every season, I do believe in giving new players a season before judging them. I can't see any reason not to.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:19 pm

We are victims of our own success, so much so that we dont expect to win things, we DEMAND that we win them. This means that we have unrealistic expectations sometimes and every loss is seen as a failure and bring on discussions for a new manager. Add on to this the quarter of a century since we won the league and its no wonder that people are so impatient. Swapping and changing the manager and his staff wont bring instant success, in fact it will set us back at least another season. And it still wont guarantee success
Thommo's perm

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:23 pm

Thommo's perm » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:31 pm wrote:Well said!
Its interesting that those quick to slag him for losing are slow to praise him for winning? Losing is his fault, but winning is down to luck??
Yer cudnt make this sh'it up!!

I'm the first to give him credit when its due ,I do so in most match threads when he earned it   ,still doesn't mean I have to like the fucking man  :D
My first allegiance is to the club ,always has been always will ,so if I have my reservations about the manager I'm going to fucking air them fella
its not like your renowned  for your patience  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:42 pm

fivecups » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:48 pm wrote:
You'd think by reading your post he was trying to get us knocked out of the Champions League. Why the f*ck would he do that? OK, we watch a few matches, sing a few songs, write a few words etc. etc. He bust himself getting us to second last season to get us back into the competition after a long absence. Do you think he didn't want to progress? It's ridiculous, of course he wants to win. It's not about ego, being right, or whatever, it's about giving us the best chance of winning our matches. You can't keep hammering him for perceived bad decisions without giving him credit for his good ones. How can you be hating now? Look at our record since we got beat by the Mancs. It's f*cking out of this world. He turned it around. He's a clever manager. Give him some credit. Give him some support. Stop being such a hater.

PS: alcohol-induced.

I can hammer who I want lad ,I pays my money I go the game ,if I wish not to extol these apparent virtues the apologists see ,then I f*cking wont ,I think he's a
two faced ***** ,and a an outlet for the media to have more information on the players and the club than ever before ....If he shuts his grid long enough to let
us all fall into the trap he's a nice fella then maybe he could swing it ,who knows ,until then the juries still out.

As for being a good coach  then that's irrefutable ,but there are plenty of coaches that are brilliant at their job ,doesn't mean to say I would want them anywhere
near this club .....I just don't envisage him as a Liverpool manager ,he lacks several discernible traits for me to perceive his stock as being genuine .

Who knows maybe I will change my mind ,such is my  prerogative ,but he seriously needs to leave the ***** aside for that to come to fruition  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:44 pm

Air away mate?
:;):
Thommo's perm

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:46 am

Already said more than enough .......for now !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:13 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:46 pm wrote:Already said more than enough .......for now !

Thommo's perm

Postby The_Rock » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:03 am

Ok.....gotta do this to keep our run going.

I don't like Rodgers because he looks like Mayor Quimby (especially before he became slimmer). He sounds like Quimby too when talking to the press and cheating on his wife. So.......Rodgers out.

Hope we beat Blackburn.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:20 am

Good effort Rock. I looked up our results since you started insulting Rodgers: 'After 16 games Liverpool and Everton had the same tally, 12 games later the gap is 23 points in favour of the Anfield outfit. '   Impressive mate.  :bowdown
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:30 pm

Rodgers personality may grate with one or two fans (though I suspect one or two are using that as an excuse because they thought last year was all down to Suarez and now don't want to eat humble pie) but what they can't deny is that in 3 seasons he has built 2 sides that play the most exciting football in the division and have us competing toe to toe with clubs who have the ability to spend £40m+ on one single player.
What's even more impressive is that he has done all that whilst being the same age as Ryan Giggs, we are not talking about a manager who has seen and done it all here, we are talking about a manager who has managed just 3 and a half seasons in the top flight. Like it or not we may have a potential managerial great on our hands.
Yes he may treat one or two players a bit unfairly and yes he has his favourites but which manager doesn't? Look at Ferguson, when he took over at Old Trafford Everton had won more titles than United, do you think United fans give a shyte that he was a cantankerous arl so and so?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion