Liverpool V Blackburn - FA CUP - Sunday 8th March - K.O. 4pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby C-R » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:26 pm

After a great run in the league and this being the last cup we are now in, we really need to continue to go all out in this match

With the exception of SG, Lucas, Ibe and Flanno we now have a pretty much full squad to pick from, with Sakho back i would expect him to take the place of Lovren as part of the 3

Blackburn themselves are in good form at the moment and won 2-1 last night and were impressive, they will be no mugs on Sunday and we must treat them with the same respect we show all of our opposition

Time to give Balotelli another chance??  We might think so, but not sure BR will see it that way

I think we will win, but it won't be easy, my prediction is 2-1  :nod
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy c legs » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:28 pm

This is going to be tough. I'm just glad we've got them at home. It could possibly be our most important game of the season - a win and we are at Wembley (though I still don't agree with playing semis there). IF, and it's a big IF, we can win then it will hopefully maintain our excellent momentum.

I certainly wouldn't let Balo near the pitch for the first 45. He seems to play better when he comes on as a sub - in cameo roles. Surely we won't need him with Sturro getting back into the groove, Razza shinning again, La getting into fab positions - one season he will hit double figures and Couts on fire?? The TEAM are just so much more a mobile unit without Balo..

I'd play Lazer and hope he starts lighting up a game or too. He will come will our Serb, I'm convinced of it.

Blackburn are no mugs and the Championship has fluctuated all season and anyone seems capable of betting each other in that league. We must also be wary too because the last time they pulled up at Anfield for an FA cup tie, they turned us over late on thanks to a Nathan Blake goal (it's no wonder my blue mate hugged him one night in Newport years ago!!).

Let's make sure history doesn't repeat itself..
[b]I am and always will be in love with them...
andy c legs
LFC Basic Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:46 am

It would be great if we could win the cup this year, we have got a young team and winning some silverware 12 months after going so close to winning the title would be a great achievement, it would show the rest of the league that last year wasn't a fluke and that this is a team who's time is coming.
Sometimes it's easy to forget in this post Thatcher era where money is god that the F.A cup is where this king of sports started. It was the popularity of the F.A cup that led to the growth of the game, the league was set up because fans couldn't wait the 12 months until the cup came around again.
When you think of all the great teams and stadiums around the world and what those places mean to their local communities it's worth remembering that all those great sporting cathedrals and institutions can all trace their lineage back to this competition we are competing in tomorrow.
If this team we are watching now is the next great Liverpool team in the making I think it would be particularly apt if the first piece of silverware they won was the F.A cup.
No slip up's tomorrow please reds, let's go on to win this thing.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Soupyzrx » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:38 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:46 am wrote:It would be great if we could win the cup this year, we have got a young team and winning some silverware 12 months after going so close to winning the title would be a great achievement, it would show the rest of the league that last year wasn't a fluke and that this is a team who's time is coming.
Sometimes it's easy to forget in this post Thatcher era where money is god that the F.A cup is where this king of sports started. It was the popularity of the F.A cup that led to the growth of the game, the league was set up because fans couldn't wait the 12 months until the cup came around again.
When you think of all the great teams and stadiums around the world and what those places mean to their local communities it's worth remembering that all those great sporting cathedrals and institutions can all trace their lineage back to this competition we are competing in tomorrow.
If this team we are watching now is the next great Liverpool team in the making I think it would be particularly apt if the first piece of silverware they won was the F.A cup.
No slip up's tomorrow please reds, let's go on to win this thing.

Great post, dude.
Let's hope we have finally put our inconsistency behind us.
Here's a thing, I watched the movie 'Moneyball' the other night. Good show, I enjoyed it. To me, our team has that kinda feel about it. Not the biggest names in the game, but the team gelled well with the players that they had and the system they played. They lost big players and changed the system to suit.  It took a while for it to work, a lot of people thought it was madness, and they had to let other big players go who were getting in the way of the development of the system. In the movie, John Henry adopted that system with the Red Sox and won the World Series after a couple of years of playing it. I wonder if there's an element of that in this too....?
Maybe I'm talking a lot of bollox.
Discuss.
LOL.
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Soupyzrx » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:03 am

Oops, sorry. I seem to have killed this thread stone dead.
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby only me » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:06 pm

Liverpool's XI: Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Lovren, Johnson, Markovic, Coutinho, Henderson, Lallana, Sterling, Sturridge.

‎Substitutes: Ward, Toure, Lambert, Moreno, Sakho, Balotelli, Williams

Including Johnson is a disgrace.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Soupyzrx » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:26 pm

Does that team lineup mean that we're reverting to four at the back, or is Can gonna be in his favoured midfield role?
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby only me » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:44 pm

Soupyzrx » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:26 pm wrote:Does that team lineup mean that we're reverting to four at the back, or is Can gonna be in his favoured midfield role?

probably the latter...Glen would play the RCB role...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:47 pm

think it'll still be back 3 with Johnson and Lazar as wing backs.

nearly had a heart attack when I came downstairs and caught the backend of the pregame team sheet.

Danny Ward in goal...turned out I only caught the subs bench segment.

I actually feel bad for those of you in other parts of the world.  I have been able to watch every game of this season live in HD.  The US coverage has really stepped up their game.  The commentary has been excellent (apart from the few times they have had Redcoats do the broadcasts)  :P
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:51 pm

only me » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:06 pm wrote:Liverpool's XI: Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Lovren, Johnson, Markovic, Coutinho, Henderson, Lallana, Sterling, Sturridge.

Jesus Christ, you are moaning and complaining and condemning the boss before the match has even kicked off.

Do you get any joy from watching Liverpool?

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:07 pm

This looks really really bad for Skrtel  :(   :(
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:10 pm

fivecups » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:51 pm wrote:
only me » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:06 pm wrote:Liverpool's XI: Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Lovren, Johnson, Markovic, Coutinho, Henderson, Lallana, Sterling, Sturridge.

Jesus Christ, you are moaning and complaining and condemning the boss before the match has even kicked off.

Do you get any joy from watching Liverpool?

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Johnson doesn't deserve a red shirt so yes it's a wrong decision.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby NorfolkRed » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:13 pm

looks like Skrtel thinks he should be staying on - love his attitude but possibly best he doesn't. Fingers crossed it isn't serious.
NorfolkRed

Postby ethanr » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:15 pm

Glad to see Skrtel moving his arms around.. something like that can be really serious. I went down with his body in a very unpleasant angle, and that can mess up your spine and neck really bad, so lets hope he's ok and it was more of a short term pain.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Boocity » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:18 pm

Better try not to give them too many set pieces as I can see them winning the battle in the air
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games