Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:14 pm

eds » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:51 am wrote:
maguskwt » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:07 am wrote:Lallana and moreno are poor? Lallana has been the one other than Coutinho who has been regularly creating chances for our strikers similar to the one he put on a plate for sterling (who fluffed) against city and for balotell.  5 goals and 3 assists so far is not too bad for a player who's missed the first half of the season through injury. As for moreno, I haven't seen a left back who is so versatile, effective in attack as well as defence. Lallana and moreno have been very good acquisitions IMHO.

Where have I said that Lallana and Moreno have been poor?  :suspect:

I said the jury was still out on them.

Lallana is a good player but I feel will never be a great player or one that will command a place in our starting XI.

Moreno effective in defending :laugh: OK then. If you haven't seen "another left back" be so versatile, I suggest you watch football from the rest of Europe. Players like Lahm, Jordi Alba, Fabio Coentrao, etc put Moreno in the shade. Moreno has a long way to go before he is considered universally effective in both attack and defense. A few cameos running up our flanks doesnt equate to him being "effective"........

Coentrao has played 7 games in the league for Real this year

Lahm is used as a dm mostly nowadays

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:39 am

kazza » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:29 pm wrote:
eds » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:51 am wrote:
maguskwt » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:07 am wrote:Lallana and moreno are poor? Lallana has been the one other than Coutinho who has been regularly creating chances for our strikers similar to the one he put on a plate for sterling (who fluffed) against city and for balotell.  5 goals and 3 assists so far is not too bad for a player who's missed the first half of the season through injury. As for moreno, I haven't seen a left back who is so versatile, effective in attack as well as defence. Lallana and moreno have been very good acquisitions IMHO.

Where have I said that Lallana and Moreno have been poor?  :suspect:

I said the jury was still out on them.

Lallana is a good player but I feel will never be a great player or one that will command a place in our starting XI.

Moreno effective in defending :laugh: OK then. If you haven't seen "another left back" be so versatile, I suggest you watch football from the rest of Europe. Players like Lahm, Jordi Alba, Fabio Coentrao, etc put Moreno in the shade. Moreno has a long way to go before he is considered universally effective in both attack and defense. A few cameos running up our flanks doesnt equate to him being "effective"........

You chose three of the best left backs, in their prime to compare with even though Moreno is only 21.

He has room for improvement but at the rate he has improved since the start of the season there is no reason why he could not become a very good left back. I think he was a good aquisition that compliments our speed in counter attack well.

Yeah I am comparing him to those players in their prime because the peanut's original comment was "I haven't seen a left back who is so versatile, effective in attack as well as defence." A stupid thing to say considering that there have been many LB players across Europe who are the real deal defensively and offensively. Considering the fact that Moreno hasn't defended that well in various games I can only guess Mags hasn't watched that many games outside of Liverpool ones.  :lookaround

Agree he is only 21yo and has a lot to learn, hence why I said the jury was still out.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby maguskwt » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:27 pm

It was an expression with abit of exaggeration not meant to be taken literally you feckin numpty. Just compare him to Roberto Carlos in his prime why don't you?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:15 pm

Every time I di$$ Rodgers (recently)...we seem to win.

So here goes......... My rant for this week. I don't like Rodgers. He is too short. He cheated on his wife. Rodgers out.

Hopefully we beat burnley.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:25 pm

The_Rock » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:15 pm wrote:Every time I di$$ Rodgers (recently)...we seem to win.

So here goes......... My rant for this week. I don't like Rodgers. He is too short. He cheated on his wife. Rodgers out.

Hopefully we beat burnley.

That happens to me too, but no one gives me credit for our good form. I've a good mind to stop sl*gging BR off!
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:15 am

I think we should get rid of him before he wins too many games? How can we boot him out if he keeps getting jammy results? Its going to be even harder because his lucky streak seems to carry on going? What if this undoubted run of great fortune keeps on until the end of the season, qualifying for the CL AND winning silverware?
Lets hope he breaks a mirror, walks under a ladder and gets bitten by a black cat so we can get rid of this useless slacker!!
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby eds » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:21 am

maguskwt » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:27 pm wrote:It was an expression with abit of exaggeration not meant to be taken literally you feckin numpty. Just compare him to Roberto Carlos in his prime why don't you?

A bit of exaggeration hey? Sounds more like bs.

Just like making up bs that I said he and Lallana had been poor.  :blush:

Clown.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby leeroy74 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:04 pm

I think Rodgers needs some credit for getting the team functioning for a future without Steven Gerrard. He knew it needed to be addressed and he has done so, we look in fine form for the future with Rodgers steering the ship. Gerrard will slip out (no pun intended) of the back door and we will move on and that's thanks to Brendan. well done sir.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:05 pm

Has certainly made mistakes and has his faults but for someone who is only in his 4th season of top tier football I think he has handled the various challenges of managing such a big club pretty well.

Some of the football over the past 2 years has been a joy to watch and I’m excited to see how strongly we can finish the season and what happens next year.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:09 pm

Some people just don’t like the man which is up to them. They don’t like the way he handles himself and his players and they have issues with him on a personal level too.

Almost every manager has people who feel this way about him. Rafa had it too with people lambasting him for rotating, not patting Gerrard on the back at every opportunity and the way he treated Robbie Keane.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:33 pm

If we got Champions League Football.  A League cup semi final loss to the eventual League Champions and a trip to Wembley for an FA Cup semi or Final, I'd be pretty damned happy with the season given how many new players we had to acclimate into the side
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:23 pm

Thommo's perm » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:15 pm wrote:I think we should get rid of him before he wins too many games? How can we boot him out if he keeps getting jammy results? Its going to be even harder because his lucky streak seems to carry on going? What if this undoubted run of great fortune keeps on until the end of the season, qualifying for the CL AND winning silverware?
Lets hope he breaks a mirror, walks under a ladder and gets bitten by a black cat so we can get rid of this useless slacker!!

He still has to answer for the start of the season. Why did he keeping playing the same 4-3-3 formation over and over again just because it took us to second the year before? Why didn't he realise it wasn't working after two or three games and switch to a 3-4-3, it was so obviously the fix we needed? If he hadn't been so big headed and stubborn, not caring about results or the team but just about his own ego, where would we be now?
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:13 am

fivecups wrote:
Thommo's perm » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:15 pm wrote:I think we should get rid of him before he wins too many games? How can we boot him out if he keeps getting jammy results? Its going to be even harder because his lucky streak seems to carry on going? What if this undoubted run of great fortune keeps on until the end of the season, qualifying for the CL AND winning silverware?

He still has to answer for the start of the season. Why did he keeping playing the same 4-3-3 formation over and over again just because it took us to second the year before? Why didn't he realise it wasn't working after two or three games and switch to a 3-4-3, it was so obviously the fix we needed? If he hadn't been so big headed and stubborn, not caring about results or the team but just about his own ego, where would we be now?

Woulda shoulda coulda! If me aunty had balls shed be me uncle?
Let it go and be happy for what is, not for what might have been?
:buttrock
Thommo's perm

Postby andy c legs » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:15 am

Fantastic reply that fromThommo's perm - it had me in stitches!!

On a serious note, I do partially blame brendan for our poor early season form BUT who could have predicted the loss of Sturridge for so long a period??? That really hit us like a sledge-hammer to the heart. It was devastating enough to lose Luis but Sturridge as well... Rodgers though supposedly went in for this world class striker and that striker but we just never got them. In the end he reached the last saloon and gambled on Balo - for 16 mill what was there to lose? After all the hype about Balo and the Spurs performance it was clear that after about another few games he did not suit our quick attacking, work ethic style. I'm just glad that Brendan finally binned him and played Razza up top and then went back to what he knew best and played 3 up field and 3 across the park. Then somehow he shored-up by playing 3 or 5 at the back, depending on where the wing-backs are or 5 across the park. And then he somehow fitted in, like one of them 3d jigsaws, 5 of the new players and has made it work.. oh and also we are playing the type of footy ala last season to boot!! So like Thommo's Perm jokingly said, long may he get bitten by a black cat (I wish it was my black cat Sooty as I'd be able to ask Brendan lots of questions!!!).

I know what it is now - it's the luck of the Irish, that's what it is, -that's why he's turned our season around!
[b]I am and always will be in love with them...
andy c legs
LFC Basic Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:18 am

fivecups » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:23 pm wrote:

Notably still in the 'Champions League' and possibly not as driven as he apparently was to implement it at fucking Bournemouth ,when the best and most vital part of
our season was treated with contempt and disinterest ,you remember ,the same competition Suarez and co broke records in order for us to qualify. ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion