Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby C-R » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:43 pm

Liverpool are reportedly lining up a deal to sign £22million Manchester City forward Stevan Jovetic.

Jovetic will be leaving City at the end of the season after being dumped from their Champions League squad.

And reports say Liverpool are set to offer him a Premier League lifeline, with a deal on the cards.

The Reds are desperate to add to their forward power and Jovetic would be willing to stay in England and move to Anfield.

Source: Metro
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:51 am

Liverpool have reportedly been scouting Sporting Lisbon ace William Carvalho again ahead of a possible summer transfer.

The Reds were strongly linked with a move for Carvalho in January, and while no deal happened then, they are keeping tabs on his progress.

After a scouting mission last month, Sporting Witness quote reports in Portugal saying Liverpool chiefs were present on Sunday night to watch the Porto clash, with Carvalho in their sights.

Arsenal are also known to be keen on the powerful midfielder, who would be an expensive buy given his £37.5million release clause.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:51 am

Liverpool have reportedly been scouting Sporting Lisbon ace William Carvalho again ahead of a possible summer transfer.

The Reds were strongly linked with a move for Carvalho in January, and while no deal happened then, they are keeping tabs on his progress.

After a scouting mission last month, Sporting Witness quote reports in Portugal saying Liverpool chiefs were present on Sunday night to watch the Porto clash, with Carvalho in their sights.

Arsenal are also known to be keen on the powerful midfielder, who would be an expensive buy given his £37.5million release clause.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:52 am

Fiorentina goalkeeper Norberto Neto has had plenty of offers to leave the Serie A club, his agent has revealed.

Neto, 25, is reportedly wanted by both Liverpool and Arsenal, with the Gunners seemingly willing to let Wojciech Szczesny go to free up space for the Brazilian.

Juventus are also keen on the stopper, who has kept nine clean sheets in 18 games for Fiorentina this season.

And his agent Stefano Castagna has come out to confirm interest in the player is growing, with a summer transfer likely.

"He will decided where to go over the next few months," he told Sky Sport Italia.

"There are several teams interested in him but I don't like to name names."

Discussing the player's rejection of a new contract, Castagna said: "When a decision is made, regardless of whether one likes it or not, it should be respected.

"And Neto is an astounding professional. Over five years in Fiorentina he always gave his best in every training session.

"He'll keep this up until the end of the season. If there were any answers to be given, then I'd say they were given on the pitch."

Source: Daily Express
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:52 am

Liverpool have expressed interest in Villareal striker Luciano Vietto, his agent has claimed.

The Argentinian has scored 18 times his season and delivered six assists, regularly impressing with his performances for the sixth placed La Liga club.

The 21-year-old's agent Jorge Cysterpiller said the Reds are interested in signing Vietto but suggested other clubs including Real Madrid are also involved in the chase.

Quoted in Spanish paper AS, Cysterpiller said: "We know that a lot of big clubs are watching Luciano Vietto. There is a lot of competition for him.

"He could sign for Liverpool, we know that he is admired by the Reds, as well as Real Madrid and two Bundesliga clubs. I think he could leave Villarreal in the summer."

Vietto has made 31 appearances in La Liga and the Europa League for the Yellow Submarine, with another four Copa del Rey run-outs, and fees of around £12m have been suggested as realistic to secure his services going forward.

The ECHO reported yesterday that the player himself had also spoken to AS about the possibility of a move.

He said: "If these great teams come forward and make an offer we'll see. The offer would first have to be very good, but it would be very good for me and good for Villarreal."

Vietto only joined the Spaniards in August last year on a five-year deal from Argentina's Racing Club where Diego Simeone gave him his debut.

Villarreal are enjoying a fine season and are through to the last 16 of the Europa League (drawn against Sevilla) and the Copa del Rey semi-final where they will face Barcelona.

Source: Liverpool Echo
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:53 am

James Milner is apparently ready to sign a pre-contract agreement with Liverpool.

The 29-year-old's current deal with Manchester City is due to expire at the end of the season, but the two parties have, so far, been unable to agree on fresh terms, with boss Manuel Pellegrini said to be unable to give the midfielder any guarantees over his future.

And because of this, rivals Liverpool appear to have stolen in and landed the England international on a free transfer, Fichajes is reporting.

It had been previously suggested Milner, who can operate in either midfield or defence, would need to drop his wage demands of £120,000-per-week if he was to secure a move to Anfield.

But it now seems the club are close to getting the player whom Brendan Rodgers considers to be the idea replacement for outgoing captain Steven Gerrard.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:53 am

Bordeaux captain Lamine Sane has revealed it would be a dream to join Liverpool.

The Senegal international has caught the eye with his performances in Ligue 1 this season, sparking interest from several clubs.

Liverpool have been strongly linked with a move for the defensive midfielder in the summer and now the 27-year-old has confessed he is tempted by the thought of Anfield.

"Honestly, I feel very good at Bordeaux, for the moment. It is true that I have always been drawn to England," Sane told BeIN Sports.

"As for a club - Liverpool. I have always said Liverpool, since my first ever interview. It is a club that I really like."

Source: talkSPORT
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:56 pm

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has identified Villarreal striker Luciano Vietto as a summer transfer target - but he faces competition from Real Madrid for the Argentinian.

Vietto matches the profile of player that Rodgers actively pursues; he is 21-years-old and has scored 18 times already in Spain, also providing six assists.

His form has propelled Villarreal into sixth in La Liga and Vietto's agent, Jorge Cysterpiller, has played up talk of a move for the attacker.

'He could sign for Liverpool, we know that he is admired by the Reds, as well as Real Madrid and two Bundesliga clubs,' Cysterpiller is reported as saying in AS. 'I think he could leave Villarreal in the summer.

'We know that a lot of big clubs are watching. There is a lot of competition for him.'

Vietto, who scored Villarreal's goal in their 1-1 draw against Madrid at the weekend, has also spoken to the Spanish newspaper about a potential departure from the club at the end of the season, with a £12million fee being mooted.

'If these great teams come forward and make an offer we'll see,' Vietto said.

Source: MailOnline
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:57 pm

Liverpool and Arsenal may vie for Juventus' Alvaro Morata, though Real Madrid could get in the way.

The Spaniard is gaining increasing favour by Max Allegri as a starter over Fernando Llorente, and at only 22 years of age, he looks like an appetising prospect to a number of European teams.

According to Metro, Liverpool and Arsenal have both set their eyes on Morata, though they would have a tough time beating the competition if Real Madrid choose to buy him back - Los Blancos, who originally sold the player for €20m, have a clause to purchase him again by 2017 for a maximum of €30m.

Source: Football Italia
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:57 pm

Bordeaux captain Lamine Sane admits he would like to join Liverpool in the future.

The 27-year-old, who has also been linked with Southampton, says he remains happy at the Ligue 1 club.

But Sane also admits he has aspirations of a move to the Premier League - where Liverpool would be his favoured destination.

'Honestly, I feel very good at Bordeaux, for the moment. It is true that I have always been drawn to England,' Sane told BeIN Sports.

'As for a club - Liverpool. I have always said Liverpool, since my first ever interview. It is a club that I really like.'

The Senegal international predominantly plays at centre-half but is capable of moving into midfield - versatility which could entice Brendan Rodgers into a summer bid.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:53 pm

Bordeaux captain Lamine Sane has revealed he would be keen on a move to Liverpool.

The Senegal international has been key in the heart of Bordeaux's defence this term, with the club currently sitting one point off a European qualification spot.

The 27-year-old can operate as a centre-half and also as a defensive midfielder.

And while he remains happy at Bordeaux, Sane insists he would jump at the chance to join Brendan Rodgers' ranks at Anfield.

When questioned on a possible summer move, Sane replied: "Honestly, I feel very good at Bordeaux, for the moment.

"It is true that I have always been drawn to England.

"As for a club: Liverpool.

"I have always said Liverpool, since my first ever interview. It is a club that I really like."

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:54 pm

Inter Milan have joined Liverpool in the race for Genoa starlet Mattia Perin.

The goalkeeper is regarded as one of the hottest prospects in European football and has been scouted by the likes of Arsenal and Bayern Munich.

Liverpool are also keen on the 22-year-old.

However, according to Italian newspaper Leggo, Inter Milan have now contacted Genoa over a possible deal for Perrin.

Inter boss Roberto Mancini reportedly sees the Italy international as the man to replace Samir Handanovic, who looks set to leave the San Siro in the summer.

But - Genoa are keen to keep hold of Perrin and are demanding around £10m for the highly-rated goalkeeper.

Source: talkSPORT
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:14 pm

Liverpool are weighing up a move for William Carvalho - after a setback in their attempts to land Miralem Pjanic.

Roma's American owners have gone one step further than the club chiefs who slapped a £37m price tag on Pjanic 24, by insisting he is not for sale at any price.

Liverpool were quoted the huge fee for Pjanic - their top target to replace outgoing skipper Steven Gerrard - after boss Brendan Rodgers travelled to the Italian capital and held talks with Roma's director of football Walter Sabatini.

Roma officials are understood to have suggested the potentially off-putting price for Bosnia midfielder Pjanic to test how serious Liverpool are about trying to sign him.

But when Liverpool's interest was referred up to Roma's owners, who have the final say on any transfers, they insisted Pjanic is going nowhere no matter how much Liverpool offer.

Sources in Italy claim that might not be the end of the matter, however, as Roma have issued 'not for sale' warnings in the past and still ended up doing business.

But for now Liverpool are considering alternatives and had defensive midfielder Carvalho, 22, watched in Sporting Lisbon's 3-0 defeat to Porto on Sunday.

Angola-born Portugal international Carvalho is also on Arsenal and Manchester United's radars.

Source: Daily Mirror
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:47 am

Winston Reid signs new 6 year deal at the hammers, so a move to us now looks unlikely
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:56 am

Claudio Marchisio has attracted interest from 'top Premier League clubs', according to his agent.

The Juventus midfielder has long been linked with a move to England's top-flight, with Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United tracking his progress.

The 29-year-old was reportedly prepared to snub the interest by extending his stay at the Serie A giants.

However, his agent and father Stefano Marchisio claims those reports are false.

"I read that Claudio was close to signing. I can confirm that is not true," said.

"In my view, the club has other priorities and therefore hasn't even considered Claudio's situation, as he has a contract until 2016.

"Has there been other contact? I did receive a few phone calls, above all from top Premier League clubs. Of course we can only be flattered and this underlines Claudio's excellent season so far.

"Obviously, his preference remains the 'Old Lady.' He was born and raised at Juventus, so if things go normally, negotiations for a renewal should be simple.

"Having said that, it takes two to form a marriage..."

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill