Liverpool V Burnley - Weds 4th March K.O. 8pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby RedAnt » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:06 am

andy_g » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:46 pm wrote:
cardiff-red » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:25 pm wrote:
Much worse, but at least i am trying to improve it  :rasp

With Ibe injured for a few weeks, Lucas and SG still out i would imagine BR may well go with same line up that did City

Perhaps bringing in Sakho for Lovren ?

His big decison is weather he starts Sturridge or not

you spelled whether wrong

Soz but you spelled wether wrong :D
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby C-R » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:14 am

I consider myself formally warned by all the new moderator's regarding my spelling and punctuation  :laugh:  :laugh:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:26 pm

Last time we played Burnley it was hard work. They are nothing like as bad as their league position would suggest.

We basically need to adopt the same mentality and determination we displayed against Man City in every game from now until the end of the season. Desire, determination and synergy (which I harped on about last season - yawn - yawn  :laugh:) are an incredibly powerful combination. On paper before the game against City I was sure that we would find things difficult when in fact the reverse was true. Just look at what City have spent. They are also only one of two teams in the Premiership that currently have no injured players whilst we sit at the top of the injury league with 8. Rogers and his staff have to take a lot of credit for the way the team played both physically and mentally after the disappointment of losing to Besiktas on penalties.

Nothing must be taken for granted against Burnley OR WE COULD SLIP UP !! I believe we can have an amazing end to the season. Next seasons preparation must start now. The new players are beginning to contribute and settle in. We all knew that it was going to be impossible to replace Suarez. We won't have to face that difficult problem during the summer transfer window. If Sterling leaves that will be an inconvenience rather than a major dilemma. I don't want him to go but he is no Suarez.

COYR !!!!!!!!!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:34 pm

Too easy for us to be complacent. This needs to be a game we get in and get out. it'd be nice to win one by a few and pick up some room in the GD column, but we just need the 3 points.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:11 pm

Agree with devaney and ethanr, by all accounts these were very unlucky to lose at Old Trafford and absolutely wiped the floor with United in the first half in particular.
Besides Leicester were rock bottom when they came to Anfield in the new year and to be fair they should have won, we needed the benefit of an awful refereeing decision to scrape a draw.
We shouldn't be complacent thinking we've already done all the hard work against the likes of City, Southampton, Spurs and Everton etc. In their own way Burnley will be just as tough to beat.
Their players are not only fighting for Burnley's premiership survival they are fighting for their own livelihoods too, if they go down a lot of those players may never play in the top flight again, and they know it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby leeroy74 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:24 am

Batter them from the off, no remorse, no mercy...  dish them a fecking good hiding.

Liverpool 5 - 0 Burnley
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:35 am

Have to treat this game and the rest of the season as if we are playing in the final of the FA Cup or CL. LFC have the opportunity to get 3rd, possibly 2nd, and, if Chelski mess up,.......really hope LFC can win every game from here on in.  Makes you wonder though, if the system was changed much earlier in the season, LFC could have been top of the table right now!

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby C-R » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:55 am

Don't think this will be as easy as "some" believe it will, don't be fooled by Burnley's league position, they recently drew at Chelsea & Man City. 3pts is all that matters tonight
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:28 pm

Wont be easy as Burnley to their credit fear no one and have a very good manager in Dyche who worked alongside Rodgers
and has a similar philosophy.

Even at 1 or 2 nil down they wont give up Burnley and this makes them a difficult opponent.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:38 pm

We find it much easier to play teams that attack (since we counter-attack) where Coutinho can weave his magic but Burnley defend and play physical so it will be tougher than some are saying. If we can score early then it will make it easier.

If they choose to attack then we'll win easily.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:50 pm

This wll be a difficult game, but think LFC have enough to get a result (hopeing anyway)

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Homebooby » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:18 pm

Boring question from me, but I don't think it's being televised is it? If so, can someone please enlighten an old man please?
Homebooby

Postby C-R » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:32 pm

Homebooby » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:18 pm wrote:Boring question from me, but I don't think it's being televised is it? If so, can someone please enlighten an old man please?

not on any UK channels, but is available on 7 east, 19.2 east and 0.8w if you have a motorised dish and relevant sub

Or

Someone may come up with a stream for you
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:00 pm

Confirmed team for tonight's match....

Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Lovren, Henderson, Allen, Moreno, Lallana, Sterling, Coutinho, Sturridge

Subs: Ward, Johnson, Toure, Lambert, Balotelli, Williams, Markovic
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:29 pm

What a goal Henderson, stunning !!! 1-0
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games