Mario Balotelli

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maguskwt » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:22 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:38 am wrote:
maguskwt » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:51 am wrote:2 cropped frames of photo and you guys are putting the knives into the manager... Don't get me wrong, the buck stops with the manager FOR THE PERFORMANCE against Besiktas and our exit. But this is getting pathetic.

A photographer managed to get the moment where the player was glancing at the manager and it seems like the manager was not acknowledging the player looking at him. Do you know that all those high end cameras can take 20-40 still frames a second? And they can zoom from miles away? The manager may already have his attention on the field. For all you know the player and the manager are quite some distance away. Besides not all managers pats the back of a player coming off. And one particular manager may not pat the back of all his players coming off. Come off it. It's a typical non-story that the media always like to do to get the interest of the reader and some of you on here are not only falling for it but stocking the fire. It's becoming a propaganda against the manager.

Like parchpea said, Rodgers is the one dealing with Balotelli on an every day basis and we should trust the manager over the player.

We all seen the reaction of Balotelli on being withdrawn ,and we also seen the lack of recognition from Rodgers when he left the pitch, as I think if I'm not mistaken 
it was shown to a worldwide audience on terrestrial television . So proffer your apologies for the manager till your digits become compressed,but the fans trust needs
to be earned and his latest sound bites pertaining to Europe being a 'distraction' is certainly not conducive to trust, and I can say that with absolute certitude.   

Other than that its stoking the fire ,not stocking  :;):

Have it your way... you're entitled to it. What I know is that BR is never really given the same chance by a lot of the fans as recent managers like Rafa and even Houllier the moment he was appointed. The moment he missteps there are knives waiting to be stuck in. Never mind that he was responsible for the closest title race in 25 years. "No it's not due to the manager, it's due to one player called Suarez"  :glare: . The incessant complaints regarding what he says in the media, what he does in his personal life, how he seemingly mistreats the players (even though none of us on here is in the locker room nor the training ground) all point to that fact.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:34 am

maguskwt » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:51 am wrote:2 cropped frames of photo and you guys are putting the knives into the manager... Don't get me wrong, the buck stops with the manager FOR THE PERFORMANCE against Besiktas and our exit. But this is getting pathetic.

A photographer managed to get the moment where the player was glancing at the manager and it seems like the manager was not acknowledging the player looking at him. Do you know that all those high end cameras can take 20-40 still frames a second? And they can zoom from miles away? The manager may already have his attention on the field. For all you know the player and the manager are quite some distance away. Besides not all managers pats the back of a player coming off. And one particular manager may not pat the back of all his players coming off. Come off it. It's a typical non-story that the media always like to do to get the interest of the reader and some of you on here are not only falling for it but stocking the fire. It's becoming a propaganda against the manager.

Like parchpea said, Rodgers is the one dealing with Balotelli on an every day basis and we should trust the manager over the player.

Good post
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:20 pm

maguskwt » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:22 am wrote:
Have it your way... you're entitled to it. What I know is that BR is never really given the same chance by a lot of the fans as recent managers like Rafa and even Houllier the moment he was appointed. The moment he missteps there are knives waiting to be stuck in. Never mind that he was responsible for the closest title race in 25 years. "No it's not due to the manager, it's due to one player called Suarez"  :glare: . The incessant complaints regarding what he says in the media, what he does in his personal life, how he seemingly mistreats the players (even though none of us on here is in the locker room nor the training ground) all point to that fact.

I will ,and seen as I was completely behind the manager prior to his appointment ,I'd say this was more about losing the faith after our two dispirited brief stints in
Europe in the one season than never backing the man,it just seems to me that the stark contrast between our supreme league form and our limp account in European competition is disturbing and a cause for consternation.

I'm afraid for the manner he sullied our standing in Europe he must be held accountable ,think of that what you will. I make no apologies for my stance.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:53 pm

parchpea » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:54 pm wrote:Rodgers manages Balotelli day in day out, not just what we see in 60 mins of football on match day.

I love Balotelli as a fan for his maverick style but would trust Rodgers all day long over him.

We only see a quarter tops of what these lads are like as a group and decisions are not only made on an hours
football once a  week from any individual.

Very sensible post Parchpea. Not sure if you heard Carra after the game, great endorsement of Rodgers.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ancient Sunlight » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:51 pm

maguskwt » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:22 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:38 am wrote:

We all seen the reaction of Balotelli on being withdrawn ,and we also seen the lack of recognition from Rodgers when he left the pitch, as I think if I'm not mistaken 
it was shown to a worldwide audience on terrestrial television . So proffer your apologies for the manager till your digits become compressed,but the fans trust needs
to be earned and his latest sound bites pertaining to Europe being a 'distraction' is certainly not conducive to trust, and I can say that with absolute certitude.   

Other than that its stoking the fire ,not stocking  :;):

I said it on another forum, but I feel Rogers would have to win something just to be disliked by some fans.
Ancient Sunlight
LFC Basic Member

Postby andy_g » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:51 am

maguskwt » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:51 am wrote:2 cropped frames of photo and you guys are putting the knives into the manager... Don't get me wrong, the buck stops with the manager FOR THE PERFORMANCE against Besiktas and our exit. But this is getting pathetic.

well said

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:00 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:20 pm wrote:
I will ,and seen as I was completely behind the manager prior to his appointment ,I'd say this was more about losing the faith after our two dispirited brief stints in
Europe in the one season than never backing the man,it just seems to me that the stark contrast between our supreme league form and our limp account in European competition is disturbing and a cause for consternation.

I'm afraid for the manner he sullied our standing in Europe he must be held accountable ,think of that what you will. I make no apologies for my stance.

as disappointing, and at times even embarrassing, as it was i think we need to cut the manager some slack over the european campaigns, mate. he's a young manager and he's never been in that situation before or anything even like it. he hasn't had to manage a big team through a complex fixture schedule with vastly different styles of play and tactical demands. what we have seen though is that in the league he is prepared to learn by his misatkes and make changes, and bold ones at that. he took a while to fix the shambles at the back but who else here would have thought that a weird 3-4-3 with Can at the back would have liberated our midfield and attack while making the keeper less vulnerable? who would have thought that instead of signing a superstar in january, bringing back a youngster from loan would have reinvigorated the team so much?

the personal traits that some people get hung up on are more than petty in my opinion, and down to people just cultivating their own dislike. but in footballing terms i think we need to keep the faith with this guy. he's young, he's still learning, but he has us playing the best football in ages with or without suarez and with or without gerrard. whether its CL or europa we will deffo be back in european competition next season and i'll bet you he won't be making the same kind of mistakes again.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:03 am

andy_g » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:00 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:20 pm wrote:

as disappointing, and at times even embarrassing, as it was i think we need to cut the manager some slack over the european campaigns, mate. he's a young manager and he's never been in that situation before or anything even like it. he hasn't had to manage a big team through a complex fixture schedule with vastly different styles of play and tactical demands. what we have seen though is that in the league he is prepared to learn by his misatkes and make changes, and bold ones at that. he took a while to fix the shambles at the back but who else here would have thought that a weird 3-4-3 with Can at the back would have liberated our midfield and attack while making the keeper less vulnerable? who would have thought that instead of signing a superstar in january, bringing back a youngster from loan would have reinvigorated the team so much?

the personal traits that some people get hung up on are more than petty in my opinion, and down to people just cultivating their own dislike. but in footballing terms i think we need to keep the faith with this guy. he's young, he's still learning, but he has us playing the best football in ages with or without suarez and with or without gerrard. whether its CL or europa we will deffo be back in european competition next season and i'll bet you he won't be making the same kind of mistakes again.

Andy ,I will openly praise (although applying the brakes at lauding) the manager in relation to our league form. I just find his sound bites unbearable of late ,and his
latest inference that going out of Europe was a blessing in disguise absolutely galls me ,I mean there are fans out there that consider our European adventures as a form
of holiday ,they even book time off work just to follow the reds around Europe.

So  maybe ,if the fans who are so ready to extol the virtues of the manager could just put themselves in their shoes for a minute ,and not dismiss our recent excursions
into Europe as a means to an end in order to reach 4th place ,then just maybe they would come to the realisation that 'Liverpool in Europe' is something to be celebrated
regardless of the competition.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:58 am

I think sometimes he speaks first and thinks afterwards  :no

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:16 pm

cardiff-red » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:58 am wrote:I think sometimes he speaks first and thinks afterwards  :no

I actually feel for the lad ,I mean in his last couple of performances he's not done a lot wrong ,so I'm surmising his post is a hint to why he's not playing  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:14 pm

I think he has been treated appallingly by the manager and last nights pathetic substitution merry go round highlights Brendans hatred for Mario ...never have I seen a manager change so many players positions in one game through substitutions.... like for like is the best option when in control
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby kazza » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:45 pm

Our good run started when Mario stopped playing, he slows down the play too much and that is our game. I have no problem with him not playing. Against Basiktas he looked like he was trying to get sent off so we don't know what Rodgers knows. Every single manager has had a problem with Mario, it can't be coincidence.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:37 pm

kazza » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:45 pm wrote:Our good run started when Mario stopped playing, he slows down the play too much and that is our game. I have no problem with him not playing. Against Basiktas he looked like he was trying to get sent off so we don't know what Rodgers knows. Every single manager has had a problem with Mario, it can't be coincidence.

our good run started when Brendan realised he was for the jump unless he capitulated and removed Gerrard from the DM role that all the so called experts said he was made to do for years to come.... he then had to bring in Can, Lallana and unshackle Coutinho and let the team play the high tempo game they so enjoyed last year...this was brendans last throw of the dice ....he used Mario ballotelli as his fall guy...man without morals with sun tan and shiny new teeth
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:53 pm

Bottom line is that he just isn’t that good.

Not sure how he has managed to play for so many big clubs (although all of them were seemingly glad to see the back of him as will we) but his skill set is really narrow and he is pretty poor at far too many things.

I’m happy to see him on the sidelines and would pick any combination of 3 ahead of him from Sturridge, Sterling, Lallana, Coutinho, Markovic, Ibe and Borini.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:47 pm

supersub » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:37 pm wrote:
kazza » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:45 pm wrote:Our good run started when Mario stopped playing, he slows down the play too much and that is our game. I have no problem with him not playing. Against Basiktas he looked like he was trying to get sent off so we don't know what Rodgers knows. Every single manager has had a problem with Mario, it can't be coincidence.

our good run started when Brendan realised he was for the jump unless he capitulated and removed Gerrard from the DM role that all the so called experts said he was made to do for years to come.... he then had to bring in Can, Lallana and unshackle Coutinho and let the team play the high tempo game they so enjoyed last year...this was brendans last throw of the dice ....he used Mario ballotelli as his fall guy...man without morals with sun tan and shiny new teeth

Yep, moving Gerrard from DM and putting Lucas there was the key to our revival.
Mario was carrying the can for our poor performances when often other players were playing much worse.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion