Liverpool V Man City - Sunday 1st March K.O. 12pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby only me » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:43 pm

Soupyzrx » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:19 pm wrote:Fantastic result!! My young lad told me it was a 3 o'clock kick off so I was logging on to watch it at 2.45 only to find it was over! Couldn't believe it when I saw the score on the Prem League website!
Fecking marvellous, I was dreading and expecting the heaviest defeat of the season, but I'm very glad to be wrong.
Definitely gonna watch Match of the Day tonight.
And Ireland won the rugby too!!! (Sorry boys lol)
Go on, "Only me", say something nice about Brendan. I dare ya!  :D

:laugh:  my love hate relationship with him continues but I'll say what I said before at the end of the season his verdict will be decided. Achieve CL football and a cup and I'll prob say walk on get us nothing and I'll say fck off. BR did well today mainly on the mental preparation good coaching overall.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:48 pm

Mate except one good pass to LAllana he did absolutely nothing ,he looked totally out of his depth ,was the weakest in the team today.[/quote]

nobody had a bad game today.

but more to the point, we just had an exceptional result with an exceptional team performance, but here you are again bitching about the same players you always bitch about, constantly, all the fecking time, on each and very fecking match thread there is.[/quote]

I post while watching so yes I bitch you probably do it in front of the tv or the stands that's it. As to Marco forget about me go to the players rating thread I'm not the only one which thought he had another bad day.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:55 pm

only me » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:48 pm wrote:
I post while watching so yes I bitch you probably do it in front of the tv or the stands that's it. As to Marco forget about me go to the players rating thread I'm not the only one which thought he had another bad day.

i have a small cuddly toy of each of our players. at the begining of the match i set them out on the sofa, and for the next 90 minutes i hug them, kiss them and say nice things to them, pardoning their every mistake and praising their every success.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:03 pm

andy_g » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:55 pm wrote:
only me » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:48 pm wrote:

i have a small cuddly toy of each of our players. at the begining of the match i set them out on the sofa, and for the next 90 minutes i hug them, kiss them and say nice things to them, pardoning their every mistake and praising their every success.

Vodoo man what ever works.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:00 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:10 pm wrote:I have to say I was not expecting a performance like that, you'd think City were the one's who got to bed 6am Friday morning not us!
Right across the team we were magnificent, Coutinho was simply phenominal but the likes of Hendo, Allen, Lovren, Skrtel and Lallana were all excellent too.
It wasn't just a question of ability either we showed real heart there too.
Well done!

I think that's the key YC, let's face it City have better individual players than us, it's inarguable. But our team performance was amazing today.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:02 pm

nobody had a bad game today.

but more to the point, we just had an exceptional result with an exceptional team performance, but here you are again bitching about the same players you always bitch about, constantly, all the fecking time, on each and very fecking match thread there is.

:buttrock    :bowdown  :laugh:
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy c legs » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:35 pm

Thought that we played really well today. To restrict them to one shot on target tells its own story but there were still a few scary, heart in the mouth moments like near the end when they had a couple of shots go wide. What I loved to see was us pressing them up the pitch with a few minutes to go and Studge should have done better but could only put his chance just wide. Henderson was just immense - crumbs what a goal, did anyone see that coming?? He was constantly bellowing out instructions.

Mig seemed to go back into his shell in the first quarter but then started again to come for balls like he has since he came back into the team. Everyone gave their all - even Markovic, whom I think will come. Just look at that delicate chip he played to Lallana - that should have been converted, La was just unlucky his shot didn't have more purchase on it.

We bossed virtually all the second half apart from the first five mins and thouroughly deserved our win. Though Couts and Hendo may take all the plaudits in the media with their superb goals they would both surely agree that they could not have scored them without their teamates - as I said after the game, THERE IS NO I in T-E-A-M. We were a REAL TEAM today - long may it continue as we can go places with that ethic and talent it's just such a shame that we did not start the season playing half decently otherwise by now we could be in the mix for the title now..
[b]I am and always will be in love with them...
andy c legs
LFC Basic Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:23 pm

andy c legs » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:35 pm wrote:Thought that we played really well today. To restrict them to one shot on target tells its own story but there were still a few scary, heart in the mouth moments like near the end when they had a couple of shots go wide. What I loved to see was us pressing them up the pitch with a few minutes to go and Studge should have done better but could only put his chance just wide. Henderson was just immense - crumbs what a goal, did anyone see that coming?? He was constantly bellowing out instructions.

Mig seemed to go back into his shell in the first quarter but then started again to come for balls like he has since he came back into the team. Everyone gave their all - even Markovic, whom I think will come. Just look at that delicate chip he played to Lallana - that should have been converted, La was just unlucky his shot didn't have more purchase on it.

We bossed virtually all the second half apart from the first five mins and thouroughly deserved our win. Though Couts and Hendo may take all the plaudits in the media with their superb goals they would both surely agree that they could not have scored them without their teamates - as I said after the game, THERE IS NO I in T-E-A-M. We were a REAL TEAM today - long may it continue as we can go places with that ethic and talent it's just such a shame that we did not start the season playing half decently otherwise by now we could be in the mix for the title now..

This season was always going to be somewhat transitional with losing Suarez so a title challenge was never really realistically on the cards.
tbh i'm just happy to see us playing so well, FSG chose to replace one of the best players in the world with a lot of young players and a lot of people including myself questioned the logic of that decision but that side we put out today which played Petro-dollar City off the park contained 5 of those summer signings - Can, Moreno, Lallana, Lovren and Markovic.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:05 pm

Incredible "back to walls" performance.

We had enough chances to put 4 or 5 past them, but I will take 3 points any day of the week.

So proud of our team. Amazing result!

Agreed with the poster who said that Coutinho had his best game in a Liverpool shirt. He was that good. If this kid comes anywhere near fulfilling his true potential, and stops running hot and cold throughout the season, my word we have one hell of a world class player at our club. Henderson and Allen played their socks off and quiet simply left City's midfield in a heap. Also I think Can is well on his way to becoming one of the best defenders on the planet the way his trajectory is going. Sterling needs to be rested, while Danny will always find it tough having been out for such a long time. No need to worry on those two fronts though.

As I look at the remaining games left there is no reason why we can’t finish as high as 3rd we are good enough to go unbeaten run till the end of the season after this result, would be even better winning the FA cup, which is within our grasp this season  :buttrock
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Soupyzrx » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:21 am

andy c legs » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:35 pm wrote: THERE IS NO I in T-E-A-M.

Aye that's true, but there i s a 'M-E'   :D
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Soupyzrx » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:23 am

andy_g » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:55 pm wrote:i have a small cuddly toy of each of our players. at the begining of the match i set them out on the sofa, and for the next 90 minutes i hug them, kiss them and say nice things to them, pardoning their every mistake and praising their every success.

Well, whatever voodoo sh1t you were doing today, keep doing it man. It worked a fecking treat. :D
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:31 am

eds » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:05 am wrote:Incredible "back to walls" performance.

We had enough chances to put 4 or 5 past them, but I will take 3 points any day of the week.

So proud of our team. Amazing result!

Agreed with the poster who said that Coutinho had his best game in a Liverpool shirt. He was that good. If this kid comes anywhere near fulfilling his true potential, and stops running hot and cold throughout the season, my word we have one hell of a world class player at our club. Henderson and Allen played their socks off and quiet simply left City's midfield in a heap. Also I think Can is well on his way to becoming one of the best defenders on the planet the way his trajectory is going. Sterling needs to be rested, while Danny will always find it tough having been out for such a long time. No need to worry on those two fronts though.

As I look at the remaining games left there is no reason why we can’t finish as high as 3rd we are good enough to go unbeaten run till the end of the season after this result, would be even better winning the FA cup, which is within our grasp this season  :buttrock

Yep got to agree with all. After 3 seasons Joe Allen has finally seen the light, pulled his weight big style, he just needs to keep it going. Everyone played well, some undue criticism of Marko which just because he didn't play a stellar doesn't mean by any measure he didn't play well. Martin was massive and Lovren showed great character knuckling down after recent issues.

Bear in mind we had, Gerrad, Lucas and Sakho out and a semi fit Danny. Our front line was weak, Sterling never will bean out and out striker, he's a classic Peter Thompson or Cally style winger. Lallana also beginning to look confident. Moreno, Can continue to improve.

Well done Reds, made up.  :buttrock
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby algymoon » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:41 am

It was an excelent win, and all the players played very well apart from Morkavic which some of his touches and vision were very good.
I know I have given a lots of sticks to sideways ALLEN, however he has improved great deal, and he was short of being named man of match in my book, however Coutinho stand out by a mile.. the back three were all excelent, and Lovern who City tried to issolate him has played very well.
Much of the same is expecting on Wendseday against Burnely three points is a must.
Good luck lads.
algymoon

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games