Mario Balotelli

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:41 am

How anyone can have a go at Balotelli when he did more than Sturridge and Sterling put together against Besiktas is beyond me. Balotelli put a great chance on a plate for Sturridge and if he would have scored that the tie would have been over.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:02 am

Yeah, no idea what Sturridge was trying to do with it. I thought Balo did ok. The Turks are a nasty lot and targeted Mario from the start. I wasn't surprised though with the prospect of penalties that BR took him off and named Lovern to take the last kick. It's all part of his big plan, I'm sure :)
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:14 pm

RedAnt » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:02 am wrote:Yeah, no idea what Sturridge was trying to do with it. I thought Balo did ok. The Turks are a nasty lot and targeted Mario from the start. I wasn't surprised though with the prospect of penalties that BR took him off and named Lovern to take the last kick. It's all part of his big plan, I'm sure :)

To be fair to Brendan although Balotelli was our best offensive player on the night Mario had picked up a booking quite early on and was having a running battle with Besiktas's defenders so I don't really blame the manager for subbing him, the last thing we could afford in a game like that when we were already being over run was to go down to 10 men.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:28 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:14 pm wrote:
RedAnt » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:02 am wrote:Yeah, no idea what Sturridge was trying to do with it. I thought Balo did ok. The Turks are a nasty lot and targeted Mario from the start. I wasn't surprised though with the prospect of penalties that BR took him off and named Lovern to take the last kick. It's all part of his big plan, I'm sure :)

To be fair to Brendan although Balotelli was our best offensive player on the night Mario had picked up a booking quite early on and was having a running battle with Besiktas's defenders so I don't really blame the manager for subbing him, the last thing we could afford in a game like that when we were already being over run was to go down to 10 men.

I partially agree with Mags that Balo shouldn't have started in Turkey. I'm suspicious of everything BR does. He hardly ever picks Mario to start yet picks him for this one where his temperament was bound to be tested. Brendan must have know he'd be booked. The Turks went for him big style and Mario got a yellow for his first offence which was typical. Then BR brings him off rather than go for it. Id have gambled and left him on and tried to win the match. BR confuses me.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:00 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:53 pm wrote:Image

No bad blood there then.

Nah  :eyebrow Best of mate's those 2, Like peas in a pod they are  :D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:35 pm

red till i die!! » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:00 pm wrote:

No bad blood there then.

:laugh:

He was possibly too busy thinking of a way to sidestep how ineffective he is as a manager in his next sound bite ,to acknowledge a player wearing red who had just run
himself ragged for the team.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:24 pm

It was what it looked  :nod  Total ignorance of the lad's contribution.

As for the soundbites  :eyebrow They are all part of his Ventriloquism act where he is his own puppet talking from his hole while his lips move  :nod Its well rehearsed  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:29 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:35 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:00 pm wrote:

No bad blood there then.

:laugh:

He was possibly too busy thinking of a way to sidestep how ineffective he is as a manager in his next sound bite ,to acknowledge a player wearing red who had just run
himself ragged for the team.

It's absolutely appalling to be honest, a Liverpool manager acting like that. We don't need that sort of sh1t in our club.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:51 pm

red till i die!! » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:24 pm wrote:It was what it looked  :nod  Total ignorance of the lad's contribution.

I like Brendan but you are spot on here, Mario was the only one of our front 3 to actually try and take the game to Besiktas and to stand up to their physical approach yet Brendan blanks him like that?  :no
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:37 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:51 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:24 pm wrote:It was what it looked  :nod  Total ignorance of the lad's contribution.

I like Brendan but you are spot on here, Mario was the only one of our front 3 to actually try and take the game to Besiktas and to stand up to their physical approach yet Brendan blanks him like that?  :no

Its little traits like' humility' and never showing your true feelings towards players when in the glare of the media cameras that define a Liverpool manager.
I mean what would it have actually drawn out of him if he had approached Mario and patted him on the back when he left that pitch.  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:54 am

Rodgers manages Balotelli day in day out, not just what we see in 60 mins of football on match day.

I love Balotelli as a fan for his maverick style but would trust Rodgers all day long over him.

We only see a quarter tops of what these lads are like as a group and decisions are not only made on an hours
football once a  week from any individual.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:12 am

parchpea » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:54 pm wrote:Rodgers manages Balotelli day in day out, not just what we see in 60 mins of football on match day.

I love Balotelli as a fan for his maverick style but would trust Rodgers all day long over him.

We only see a quarter tops of what these lads are like as a group and decisions are not only made on an hours
football once a  week from any individual.

The lad deserved credit for his performance yet the manager couldn't even afford him a conciliatory gesture ,how is it likely he can engender his trust
when the man cant even acknowledge the effort he put in . ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:28 am

I am in full agreement that Balotelli at least tried to effect the game even it was in a negative fashion.

In isolation this is worthy of praise for effort but there is obviously a lot of bad feeling toward Balotelli within the
staff not only seen through Rodgers but the way Gerrard got stuck into him for the penalty incident. There was also
clear animosity toward him from Henderson and Sturridge in that moment.

I am a fan of Balotelli as a punter, hes box office, but those that work with him day in day out, and manage him, seem
to find him troublesome and at this point surely everybody hes worked with and for cannot be wrong.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:51 am

2 cropped frames of photo and you guys are putting the knives into the manager... Don't get me wrong, the buck stops with the manager FOR THE PERFORMANCE against Besiktas and our exit. But this is getting pathetic.

A photographer managed to get the moment where the player was glancing at the manager and it seems like the manager was not acknowledging the player looking at him. Do you know that all those high end cameras can take 20-40 still frames a second? And they can zoom from miles away? The manager may already have his attention on the field. For all you know the player and the manager are quite some distance away. Besides not all managers pats the back of a player coming off. And one particular manager may not pat the back of all his players coming off. Come off it. It's a typical non-story that the media always like to do to get the interest of the reader and some of you on here are not only falling for it but stocking the fire. It's becoming a propaganda against the manager.

Like parchpea said, Rodgers is the one dealing with Balotelli on an every day basis and we should trust the manager over the player.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:38 am

maguskwt » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:51 am wrote:2 cropped frames of photo and you guys are putting the knives into the manager... Don't get me wrong, the buck stops with the manager FOR THE PERFORMANCE against Besiktas and our exit. But this is getting pathetic.

A photographer managed to get the moment where the player was glancing at the manager and it seems like the manager was not acknowledging the player looking at him. Do you know that all those high end cameras can take 20-40 still frames a second? And they can zoom from miles away? The manager may already have his attention on the field. For all you know the player and the manager are quite some distance away. Besides not all managers pats the back of a player coming off. And one particular manager may not pat the back of all his players coming off. Come off it. It's a typical non-story that the media always like to do to get the interest of the reader and some of you on here are not only falling for it but stocking the fire. It's becoming a propaganda against the manager.

Like parchpea said, Rodgers is the one dealing with Balotelli on an every day basis and we should trust the manager over the player.

We all seen the reaction of Balotelli on being withdrawn ,and we also seen the lack of recognition from Rodgers when he left the pitch, as I think if I'm not mistaken 
it was shown to a worldwide audience on terrestrial television . So proffer your apologies for the manager till your digits become compressed,but the fans trust needs
to be earned and his latest sound bites pertaining to Europe being a 'distraction' is certainly not conducive to trust, and I can say that with absolute certitude.   

Other than that its stoking the fire ,not stocking  :;):
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion