Mario Balotelli

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:23 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:37 pm wrote:
I'm starting to come around to RTID's point of view that Rodgers talks absolute shyte.
Mario not only played well he grafted his @rse off too, at one point I saw him sprint 50 yards towards our goal to help out in defence and he made a vital block at the near post as well. I didn't see the likes of Sturridge doing that.
Rodgers seemed happy enough with Mario immediately after the game so why is he coming out with all this rubbish now?
Makes you wonder if one or two players who's noses got put out of joint over the penalty incident have been whinging to the boss.

I knew it.... Yakka's a rational poster  :D

With all the issues Chelsea is facing now, Rodgers just needed to play it "low-key" so as to let Chelsea dominate the papers. Chelsea seem to be cracking under the racism issues (what with all the press and opposition fans putting them under pressure).... with a sub-par performance against burnley. Instead Rodgers makes the balotelli issue dominate the papers now.

He is creating a toxic environment by treating some players better than others. I can't believe cr@p like Johnson and Allen get no beef while Balotelli, Sahin, Sakho...etc have been thrown under the bus in a few instances. Even Suarez didn't really have a good relationship with Rodgers (didn't he mention that Rodgers was a big liar ?)

We need a manager who can coach different players with various personalities. Fergie knew how to mould Cantona, RVN, Ronaldo into the team and he saw success. Rodgers ....the way he talks...seems to be only comfortable with british or youth players.

We have to ask ourselves...do we want a coach (who hasn't won anything yet) to be so full of himself ? So far (in hindsight)...I think the transfer committee is doing an OK job in getting players in. I believe another manager could get much much more from the players we have now.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:01 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:14 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:59 pm wrote:exactly... mountain out of a molehill... he actually came (indirectly) to the defense of Balotelli saying it was the right decision by Balotelli to take the penalty and that he had scored over 30 odd great penalties...

If anyone has been making a mountain out of a molehill it's the manager and Gerrard, they should know that the press look for any excuse to jump all over Balotelli and this week the pair of them have given the media all the ammo they need to put the boot into Mario.

Balotelli has shown a little more application of late, perhaps a boot up the ***** has actually motivated him   ???

Either way, a couple of half decent cameo's won't change my opinion

The fella's got skills but he's still too much of a "show pony" .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby maguskwt » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:33 pm

The_Rock » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:23 am wrote:
We have to ask ourselves...do we want a coach (who hasn't won anything yet) to be so full of himself ? So far (in hindsight)...I think the transfer committee is doing an OK job in getting players in. I believe another manager could get much much more from the players we have now.

Full of himself? I honestly think that it is more of Rodgers being open and frank with the media. I do think that he feels comfortable enough about his relationship with his players to talk to the media like this. There is no indication whatsoever that the situation is otherwise, at least at the moment. I actually think that it's quite refreshing.

As for another manager getting much much more from the players we have, I seriously doubt that we can do much better than Rodgers. Can you name anyone? Are you gonna say Mourinho, who we obviously cannot get? Juergen Klopp? Whoever you name, it will be very debatable. I don't even think that Benitez could do much better than BR in developing young players. Which youth player broke in to the starting 11 under Rafa? If there is any strength to BR's management it is his ability to get the most out of what he has and in developing young players. His weakness on the other hand is in the transfer market. Sterling, Coutinho, Sturridge, and now Ibe all blossomed under BR. Do you remember Henderson before the 2013/2014 season couldn't get into the starting line-up but became a key player throughout last season? If there is anything to fault BR, I wouldn't fault him for not developing young players or getting very little out of what we have. I would fault him on his performance in the transfer market and his inexperience in Europe.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:41 pm

maguskwt » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:33 pm wrote:

Full of himself? I honestly think that it is more of Rodgers being open and frank with the media. I do think that he feels comfortable enough about his relationship with his players to talk to the media like this. There is no indication whatsoever that the situation is otherwise, at least at the moment. I actually think that it's quite refreshing.

As for another manager getting much much more from the players we have, I seriously doubt that we can do much better than Rodgers. Can you name anyone? Are you gonna say Mourinho, who we obviously cannot get? Juergen Klopp? Whoever you name, it will be very debatable. I don't even think that Benitez could do much better than BR in developing young players. Which youth player broke in to the starting 11 under Rafa? If there is any strength to BR's management it is his ability to get the most out of what he has and in developing young players. His weakness on the other hand is in the transfer market. Sterling, Coutinho, Sturridge, and now Ibe all blossomed under BR. Do you remember Henderson before the 2013/2014 season couldn't get into the starting line-up but became a key player throughout last season? If there is anything to fault BR, I wouldn't fault him for not developing young players or getting very little out of what we have. I would fault him on his performance in the transfer market and his inexperience in Europe.

It is allowed to actually think for yourself now and again, you can be critical when it's required and not be the official BR apologist. Do you honestly believe criticising players in the media is the right thing to do, I seem to remember anyone who was getting fed up with the way we were playing, questioning BR and asking if it was time for him to go was slammed and told"it's not the Liverpool way" however criticising your players to the media is definitely "not the Liverpool way" you keep it in the club. Sometimes I just think he gets carried way with himself and thinks has to say something, but don't try and tell us he is right to do it.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:04 pm

If I'm not mistaken young Jordan flourished under McClaren at Derby ,Sterling was always destined for for the top ,and Sturridge was so driven to prove
Man City and Chelsea wrong  any team that grabbed him would have seen him at his clinical best ,and apparently Rodgers only wanted him on loan  ??? 

I think Rodgers has been extremely lucky to have arrived at a time when the youth teams were brimming with precocious talent,as for the first team
he had  arguably the best striker to ever grace the  Premier league. Kenneth Dalglish was responsible for the influx of young talent being procured he
was the manager when we signed Joao  Texeira ,Jordan Ibe ,Jerome Sinclair ,and Benitez was at the helm when we signed Sterling.

Like I said, a veritable pool of enviable talent for any manager who comes in to reap the eventual dividends ,as for Rodgers candidness with the press
I just wish it wasn't exclusive to players he obviously wants out of the club  ???  I don't recall him ever delivering his protestations on Joe Allen needing
to deliver something resembling talent ....I mean Johnson and Gerrard  stank the place out week after week , and still that particular aroma never once
reached these supposedly discerning nostrils of Rodgers ,am I missing something here ?

Seems your garden where all these buds are growing and in your words 'blossoming' under Rodgers apparent superior tutelage, have a few weeds that need
raking over  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:20 pm

Boocity » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:41 pm wrote:

It is allowed to actually think for yourself now and again, you can be critical when it's required and not be the official BR apologist. Do you honestly believe criticising players in the media is the right thing to do, I seem to remember anyone who was getting fed up with the way we were playing, questioning BR and asking if it was time for him to go was slammed and told"it's not the Liverpool way" however criticising your players to the media is definitely "not the Liverpool way" you keep it in the club. Sometimes I just think he gets carried way with himself and thinks has to say something, but don't try and tell us he is right to do it.

What I posted is what I'm thinking for myself and I have also highlighted my criticism on BR in the said post so I don't know what you are talking about being the official apologist and all. Those who are baying for BR's blood would be very happy, no wait... would be over the moon! if Mourinho were to become the next Liverpool manager and I wonder what you lot will be saying when he doesn't pull any punches in the media regarding his players. What BR has said in that interview was very mild compared to the stuff that Mourinho always spout. And to make that out to be as the manager pushing the player out of the team is over the top and baseless. If he wants to push the player out the team, he simply doesn't play him and doesn't even give him the opportunity to shine. That's it.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:23 pm

I'd just like to point out to those who accredit the production of young talent to BR that players like Ibe and Sterling have been around the club longer than Brendan has. All BR has done is pick already ripened fruit. Others planted the trees. He's largely overlooked the academy. This post has nothing to do with Balo, I know, but some are patting BR on the back for work done before he even arrived. One might even argue that BR is a little late in utilising the likes of Ibe. I still think Rodgers is very slow on the uptake.

(Just realised RGB posted similar. I don't wanna tread on his point)
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby maguskwt » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:38 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:04 pm wrote:

If I'm not mistaken young Jordan flourished under McClaren at Derby ,Sterling was always destined for for the top ,and Sturridge was so driven to prove
Man City and Chelsea wrong  any team that grabbed him would have seen him at his clinical best ,and apparently Rodgers only wanted him on loan  ??? 

I think Rodgers has been extremely lucky to have arrived at a time when the youth teams were brimming with precocious talent,as for the first team
he had  arguably the best striker to ever grace the  Premier league. Kenneth Dalglish was responsible for the influx of young talent being procured he
was the manager when we signed Joao  Texeira ,Jordan Ibe ,Jerome Sinclair ,and Benitez was at the helm when we signed Sterling.

Like I said, a veritable pool of enviable talent for any manager who comes in to reap the eventual dividends ,as for Rodgers candidness with the press
I just wish it wasn't exclusive to players he obviously wants out of the club  ???  I don't recall him ever delivering his protestations on Joe Allen needing
to deliver something resembling talent ....I mean Johnson and Gerrard  stank the place out week after week , and still that particular aroma never once
reached these supposedly discerning nostrils of Rodgers ,am I missing something here ?

Seems your garden where all these buds are growing and in your words 'blossoming' under Rodgers apparent superior tutelage, have a few weeds that need
raking over  :D

There's always 2 sides to the coin isn't there? No matter how talented you are, if you're not given the chance then you might just become one of those many young players who were almost but not quite, transferred to the lower leagues or lesser clubs and soon disappeared. It is just fine and dandy saying now Raheem was always going to become a top player. But it was Rodgers who gave Raheem the chance. It was Rodgers who gave Raheem a dressing down during training when he felt that the latter wasn't taking the training seriously, while it wasn't directly to the media but it was in the presence of the media. Rodgers may not have much of a choice, he needed the young players, but I was responding to a post about how he wasn't getting the best out of what he has, which I feel to the contrary, he does get alot out of what he has. When Benitez was critical of Gerrard in the media several years ago, was he trying to kick Gerrard out of the club? If Mario knows what's good for him, he will respond like how Gerrard responded to Benitez's criticism. I'm fine with objective criticism... but what I'm seeing so far on this forum are very subjective emotional lashing out on the manager and exageration of facts which I will disagree if I like... so label me apologist or whatever... I don't care...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:04 pm

maguskwt » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:38 pm wrote:
There's always 2 sides to the coin isn't there? No matter how talented you are, if you're not given the chance then you might just become one of those many young players who were almost but not quite, transferred to the lower leagues or lesser clubs and soon disappeared. It is just fine and dandy saying now Raheem was always going to become a top player. But it was Rodgers who gave Raheem the chance. It was Rodgers who gave Raheem a dressing down during training when he felt that the latter wasn't taking the training seriously, while it wasn't directly to the media but it was in the presence of the media. Rodgers may not have much of a choice, he needed the young players, but I was responding to a post about how he wasn't getting the best out of what he has, which I feel to the contrary, he does get alot out of what he has. When Benitez was critical of Gerrard in the media several years ago, was he trying to kick Gerrard out of the club? If Mario knows what's good for him, he will respond like how Gerrard responded to Benitez's criticism. I'm fine with objective criticism... but what I'm seeing so far on this forum are very subjective emotional lashing out on the manager and exageration of facts which I will disagree if I like... so label me apologist or whatever... I don't care...

Although when Benitez proffered his critique on Gerrard he also afforded him a position that seen him at his most potent linking up with Torres ,Rodgers however
consistently defended Gerrard in the so called 'Pirlo position' he had designed specifically for him, even though he severely lacked the ability and defensive football
brain to occupy that slot. I don't recall Benitez lambasting Gerrard and then accentuating the scolding by leaving him on the bench,perhaps your recollection is more
clearer  ??? Instead he gave Gerrard every opportunity to show how remarkable he could be ,and how his own decision on where to play Gerrard was precisely what
was needed.  Even you must agree there's a world of difference between how Balotelli has been treated as opposed to Gerrard ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:53 pm

No bad blood there then.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy c legs » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:08 pm

He had a great chance last night and wasted it. He played with Studge and Razza, the same as v Spurs thus season. Ok, Spurs weren't Besiktas but nonethless. Balo was okish v Spurs, diaspointing last night though. He did hold the ball up a bit but it was the fact he wanted to have silly little scraps with their players instead of concetrating on helping his own MATES, just like we all should do wherever we work. His team ethic leaves a lot to be desired and he should only be used as an impact sub until he hopefully leaves at the end of the season..
[b]I am and always will be in love with them...
andy c legs
LFC Basic Member

Postby kartiek » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:16 am

andy c legs » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:08 pm wrote:He had a great chance last night and wasted it. He played with Studge and Razza, the same as v Spurs thus season. Ok, Spurs weren't Besiktas but nonethless. Balo was okish v Spurs, diaspointing last night though. He did hold the ball up a bit but it was the fact he wanted to have silly little scraps with their players instead of concetrating on helping his own MATES, just like we all should do wherever we work. His team ethic leaves a lot to be desired and he should only be used as an impact sub until he hopefully leaves at the end of the season..

I disagree. He had a decent first half, and created a terrific opportunity for Sturridge that he should have put away. He even ran around far more than Sturridge.

The only people to blame for yesterday's loss are Sturridge and Sterling who were both insipid and could not pass if their lives depended on it. For the past few games it's as if Sturridge has decided that football is not a passing game, and that he's the only one who is going to score goals for the team and he will do so beating 4-5 players all on his own.
kartiek

Postby maguskwt » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:53 am

andy c legs » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:08 pm wrote:He had a great chance last night and wasted it. He played with Studge and Razza, the same as v Spurs thus season. Ok, Spurs weren't Besiktas but nonethless. Balo was okish v Spurs, diaspointing last night though. He did hold the ball up a bit but it was the fact he wanted to have silly little scraps with their players instead of concetrating on helping his own MATES, just like we all should do wherever we work. His team ethic leaves a lot to be desired and he should only be used as an impact sub until he hopefully leaves at the end of the season..

Spot on... And Rodgers paid the price for giving balotelli a chance again...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:39 am

maguskwt » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:53 am wrote:

Do you mean BR made another bad managerial decision? Balo played ok. It's weird how you call for people to back BR all the time but not the players. Why does the manager deserve it but not the players?
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby maguskwt » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:20 am

RedAnt » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:39 am wrote:
maguskwt » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:53 am wrote:

Do you mean BR made another bad managerial decision? Balo played ok. It's weird how you call for people to back BR all the time but not the players. Why does the manager deserve it but not the players?

Because short and simply, and I'm not gonna write an essay about it, the particular player doesn't deserve it. And yes BR made a bad decision by trying to incorporate Balotelli again in the 3-4-3 formation. The player has ZERO football intelligence despite upsides in his natural talent and natural physique and very very bad attitude... Balotelli and Lovren are currently players who don't deserve to be starting, the proof of which is all too see in our wins and our improved performances without them. And btw I'm not letting BR a free ride for that performance against Besiktas. I'm not really sure what was the injury issues but he got that line-up wrong...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion