Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby C-R » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:54 pm

Liverpool's transfer plans for next season are reportedly set to be centred around a move for Juventus star Alvaro Morata.

Morata, 22, joined the Serie A giants from Real Madrid last summer, but has struck just six times this season for his new side.

And according to reports in Spain, Liverpool are keen to make the Spaniard their marquee signing for the 2015-16 campaign.

The Reds' front-line has improved in recent weeks thanks to the return of Daniel Sturridge, but Brendan Rodgers is thought to be keen to further boost his attacking options to avoid being caught short should Sturridge pick up another injury.

A stumbling block for the Reds could be the £25million buy-back clause Madrid ensured was inserted into his Juventus contract, while Arsenal are also thought to be interested in the attacker's services.

Source: Metro
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:48 pm

cardiff-red » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:51 pm wrote:
A fast, powerful and free-scoring striker, Adriano is rated at £7.5million and could be a superb addition.

fast, powerful and free-scoring strikers don't normally go for only £7.5 million...

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:49 pm

Liverpool are in pole position to sign Lyon playmaker Yoann Gourcuff, according to the Frenchman's agent.

Gourcuff has previously been linked with a move to England with Arsenal known to be long-term admirers.

The 28-year-old, whose contract expires at the end of the season, is currently considering his future at Lyon having old made 15 appearances this term.

And his agent Didier Poulmaire has revealed that Liverpool have approached him to do business.

"In any transfer market, some foreign clubs come knocking at the door for Yoann," Didier Poulmaire told SportMediaset.

"In the past it was Manchester City, while this year, it's Liverpool.

"I'm sure offers will arrive in the next window."

Gourcuff can sign a pre-contract deal at any point to join Liverpool.

Source: Metro.co.uk
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:49 pm

Reports claim Burnley striker Danny Ings will turn down a move to Real Sociedad in the summer in favour of a switch to Liverpool.

The 22-year-old is out of contract at Turf Moor in the summer and therefore available at a knockdown price but Sociedad appear to have missed out on the striker who visited their manager David Moyes in Spain earlier this month, according to the Mirror.

Reds boss Brendan Rodgers had wanted to bring Ings on board in January but that move was blocked by Burnley who insisted on keeping him as they battle against the drop but he will move in the summer.

Ings is under 24 so the Clarets would be able to command a compensation fee, although it will be nowhere near what they could have expected had he still been under contract.

However the fee will be more if he stays in this country than if he were to go abroad.

Source: ClubCall
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:13 pm

Brazilian defender Danilo has turned down a new contract at Porto - and that has put Liverpool and Manchester United on red alert.

Danilo, 23, who has won 11 caps, has been offered a one year extension to take him up to 2017 with a bigger buy-out clause of £40m.

But Danilo - who is also being tracked by Real Madrid - appears to be ready to leave Porto for a bigger European club.

Southampton's Nathaniel Clyne and Tottenham's Kyle Walker remain targets for United while Liverpool have been linked to a number of defensive additions.

Source: Daily Mirror
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:14 pm

Liverpool will 'go all out' to sign Atletico Madrid star Arda Turan after making him their top summer target.

The Reds have been monitoring Turan for the last 18 months and have been alerted to talk that he's ready to quit Atletico and move to England.

And according to reports in Spain, Liverpool are set to throw everything at a £25.6million deal to bring him to Anfield.

Brendan Rodgers is confident his side can get the star, dubbed the 'Turkish Cristiano Ronaldo' who would bolster their attacking options notably.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Liverpool have been cleared to sign Lazio forward Keita Balde Diao after reports emerged that he's considering his future at the club.

The Reds were linked with a £15m move for the teenager back in October and are believed to have kept tabs on the 19-year-old since.

Keita is disgruntled with his lack of playing time with Lazio and is understood to be thinking about a summer exit, according to Tuttomercatoweb, and that has put the Merseyside outfit back in the hunt for the Spaniard.

Italian press have claimed that Keita is set for showdown talks with Biancocelesti officials at the end of the season, and Keita could seek pastures new if he isn't given assurances over his future with the Serie A side.

Lazio were understood to be unwilling to sanction an exit for the former Barcelona youngster last month, but they could now review their stance when the summer transfer window opens.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has highlighted Atletico Madrid star Arda Turan as his top target this summer.

The Reds have been keeping tabs on the Turkey international for a number of months and he's ready to quit Atletico after falling out with Atletico boss Diego Simeone.

And according to reports in Spain, Liverpool are now set to do everything they can to bring Turan to Anfield when the transfer window re-opens.

While Atletico want keep the Turkish star, Turan has expressed his desire to play in the Premier League.

Reds boss Rodgers is in need of bolstering his attacking options at Anfield and Turan can provide that.

But dubbed as the 'Turkish Cristiano Ronaldo', Liverpool will have to stump up £25.6million to seal the move.

Source: Daily Express
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:09 pm

Real Madrid will not exercise their buy-back clause for Juventus ace Alvaro Morata, handing suitors Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal a massive boost in their pursuit of the forward.

Madrid sold Morata to Juve last summer for £15.8million with a clause in his contract set at around £25m.

But manager Carlo Ancelotti has expressed his willingness to waver the clause, leaving the Premier League trio to battle over the 22-year-old this July.

Ancelotti told Gazzetta dello Sport: "He's a young boy who was looking for more opportunities and consistency. He had a lot of offers, he's the one who chose Juve.

"He's a modern striker, he has pace, rhythm and intensity, he's cool in front of goal and is a hard worker.

"In Morata's contract there's a right of redemption [for us], but I think he'll stay at Juventus."

Morata is valued at over £25m and reportedly rejected a chance to move to Arsenal and United last summer.

He has scored nine goals this season, including five in his last nine outings.

United remain favourites to sign Morata as Radamel Falcao appears set to leave the club and head back to Monaco at the end of the season.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:49 am

Arda Turan dreams of playing for Liverpool.

The Atletico Madrid star has been linked with a summer move to Anfield.

According to reports in Spain, Brendan Rodgers has made the £26.5million-rated playmaker his top target.

And Rodgers' chances of signing Turan are boosted by the fact he supports Liverpool...

"I want to play in major leagues and my dream team is Liverpool," the Turkey international revealed before leaving Galatasaray for Atletico in 2011.

"As I always mention, Liverpool attracts me because of their tradition.

"In Europe, I am a Liverpool supporter, so if I go to play in Europe, I would like to play for them."

Turkey teammate Nuri Sahin  - who had a short spell at Liverpool on loan - uploaded a picture on Twitter of Turan wearing a Liverpool shirt.

However, Turan has since won La Liga, the Europa League, the UEFA Super Cup, Copa del Rey and Supercopa de Espana and has a Champions League runners-up medal with Atletico.

The 28-year-old is a key member Diego Simeone's side and has made 31 appearances for Atletico this season.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:15 pm

Liverpool's search for a new striker continues, with Sevilla forward Kevin Gameiro the latest name linked with a move to Anfield.

The 27-year-old has revealed there are offers on the table for his services, with the French international already turning down a move to Marseille, according to reports.

Gamiero enjoyed a blistering start to his career in Spain, hitting 21 goals during his debut season in 2013, but following a recent injury has lost his place in the side to Carlos Bacca.

The Reds came close to signing the player when he left Paris Saint-Germain for La Liga, but the interest, it would appear, remains and boss Brendan Rodgers is said to be readying a £10million bid this summer.

Gamiero, though, has said he will consider his options at the end of the summer.

"I have offers, but I feel very good in Spain," he told reporters.

"It is a style that suits me and I still have things to do. We will see what happens at the end of the season.

"It will not be at Marseille. Maybe in England or in Germany, but the quality of life for my family is not the same as in Spain."

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:15 pm

cardiff-red » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:49 am wrote:Arda Turan dreams of playing for Liverpool.

The Atletico Madrid star has been linked with a summer move to Anfield.

According to reports in Spain, Brendan Rodgers has made the £26.5million-rated playmaker his top target.

And Rodgers' chances of signing Turan are boosted by the fact he supports Liverpool...

"I want to play in major leagues and my dream team is Liverpool," the Turkey international revealed before leaving Galatasaray for Atletico in 2011.

"As I always mention, Liverpool attracts me because of their tradition.

"In Europe, I am a Liverpool supporter, so if I go to play in Europe, I would like to play for them."

Turkey teammate Nuri Sahin  - who had a short spell at Liverpool on loan - uploaded a picture on Twitter of Turan wearing a Liverpool shirt.

However, Turan has since won La Liga, the Europa League, the UEFA Super Cup, Copa del Rey and Supercopa de Espana and has a Champions League runners-up medal with Atletico.

The 28-year-old is a key member Diego Simeone's side and has made 31 appearances for Atletico this season.

People on this forum have been suggesting Turan for years, would be great to seem him here but could have had for a lot cheaper a few years ago.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:29 pm

Real Madrid winger Lucas Vazquez could be flying in to Liverpool this summer.

The 23-year-old is currently on loan at Espanyol, who have the option to buy the midfielder at the end of the season for€3million (£2.1m) - and the Reds are keen to open negotiations with the La Liga outfit, Marca reports.

It is hoped Espanyol go ahead and make the move permanent, with the club then allowing him to sign on at Anfield for a profit.

Where Madrid would stand on this idea is unknown, although boss Carlos Ancelotti has said he is keen to have Vazquez, who has hit three goals in 25 appearances this term, in his plans next season.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy c legs » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:07 am

Like all potential signings, the sceptic in me says that I'l actually believe them IF  and WHEN that player is holding up a reds scarf in front of the Kop. I won't be expecting many, if any, big summer signings unless we get CL footy. There are bargains out there and you only have to look no further than Coutinho for evidence of that but on the flip side see Aspas!! I'd concentrate on a creative midfielder of some experience and he won't be cheap that's for sure. Also we desperately need an experienced back-up keeper, this is despite the un-expected up-turn in Simon's performances since he luckily came back into the side (mind I'd still prefer him to Jones who will surely be shown the door marked EXIT in the summer). I'd promote from within if I could, just look at the impact Ibe has had? Brendan believes in youth and giving it a chance then why not give someone else a chance?
[b]I am and always will be in love with them...
andy c legs
LFC Basic Member

Postby C-R » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:44 pm

Liverpool and Arsenal will go head-to-head for the signature of Juventus star Alvaro Morata this summer.

The former Real Madrid striker has finally found his feet in Turin following a big-money move last year, keeping compatriot Fernando Llorente out of the starting XI in recent times.

However, Juventus are lining up a sensational bid for Palermo hotshot Paulo Dybala, with Massimo Allegri planning to pair the Argentine alongside former Manchester United and City man Carlos Tevez in attack.

Morata is desperate for a first-team role with the Serie A champions, but has made his agent aware that joining a new club could be on the cards at the end of the season.And reports in Spain claim that Liverpool and Arsenal are both keen to bring the 22-year-old to the Premier League, despite interest from childhood side Real.

Brendan Rodgers and Arsene Wenger are both big fans of the Spain international, but will have to pay more than the £14.5m spent by Juventus on his signature last July.

Despite the interest from England, Morata could instead favour a return to the Santiago Bernabeu, with the chances of regular action looking likely as question marks remain over the future of Karim Benzema.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill