Besiktas V Liverpool - EL 2nd Leg Thu 26th Feb K.O. 6pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Reg » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:32 am

Agreed + the fact we still have a chance in the FA cup, the extra games again only congesting an already tough schedule.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:13 am

leeroy74 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:31 pm wrote:Only me...  Just f*ck off cos your really starting to stink the place out

I really like the match intro's you used to make other then that you are pretty clueless.
All the best mate
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:55 am

Oh well that's Europe finished for this season ,maybe we can qualify for Europe again and go out at the first hurdle with our tactically inept manager stating he's
once again 'disappointed' .....Never gets boring for me this tumbling out of European competitions at the hands of second rate teams.

I mean Its not like he's expected to  adjust our game after watching us struggle for a full 45 minutes with both Sturridge and Sterling having one of their worst
games in a red shirt,Its not like we expect him to shake things up when the impetus for the first 20 minutes of the second half had clearly swung in Besiktas's
favour,and its certainly not expected that he should have withdrawn a severely struggling  Ibe who was getting ripped by Tore enough times to make Johnson
tut.

We need a manager that can tactically thwart the threat of an opposing managers team ,I suppose from being spoilt rotten with Rafa ,to a manager who borders
on clueless in Europe it takes some fucking getting used to   :(
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby algymoon » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:07 pm

It was very much expected performance from a bad team selection, despite having players missing.
BR takes the full blame for this defeat, and it is really shows that our squad is very weak to compete in Europe, the squad lacks top class finishers to put such European games to bed. I have already predicted that will be out of Europe football by February! knowing for fact not having a strong squad to cope with it.

It was only the sideways Allen ( who has been playing well in recent game) and Can did very well in midfield and both were very much over worked in that area, so is the whole defence line and the keeper.. As for the front line Mario, Sturridge, and Sterling did not play as a unit, each was playing for himself, wasted good chances in first half to kill off the game.
Sturridge can be world class if he cut out the fancy play and focus on finishing.. He is too rusty and out of form, that almost apply for Sterling, wanting to do too much fancy play rather than direct run and good finishing.. Mario is Mario..
BR should have only started only with Mario who can hold the ball better than the other two.. Lallana should have started the match.. As for the penalties it was a reall joke.. How do you ask Lovern to take the last vital kick! BR is an idiot, he was full of it before the game!! which it shows he is a real fool.
algymoon

Postby supersub » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:24 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:55 am wrote:Oh well that's Europe finished for this season ,maybe we can qualify for Europe again and go out at the first hurdle with our tactically inept manager stating he's
once again 'disappointed' .....Never gets boring for me this tumbling out of European competitions at the hands of second rate teams.

I mean Its not like he's expected to  adjust our game after watching us struggle for a full 45 minutes with both Sturridge and Sterling having one of their worst
games in a red shirt,Its not like we expect him to shake things up when the impetus for the first 20 minutes of the second half had clearly swung in Besiktas's
favour,and its certainly not expected that he should have withdrawn a severely struggling  Ibe who was getting ripped by Tore enough times to make Johnson
tut.

We need a manager that can tactically thwart the threat of an opposing managers team ,I suppose from being spoilt rotten with Rafa ,to a manager who borders

every word you said...... :nod
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:29 pm

eds » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:40 am wrote:We are out, so be it.

Personally I don't give a flying toss about this competition. It only would have ruined our league run if we got any deeper into this comp, and we now need to contend with having half our squad playing a 2hr game with only 2 days rest before a massive game against last season's champions.

At least we can concentrate on qualifying for the CL now, getting 4th is imperative.

:nod

Like you I'm not too fussed about being out of the competition BUT I am ***** off about the way we went out.

i.e. Our Team was Out Fought and Our "Manager" was Out Thought .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RedAnt » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:13 pm

Well, being out of Europe means we can focus on the league and FA Cup, but it also gives BR one less excuse for his ultimate failure.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby alxy » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:57 pm

Oh well, for those of us in the Asia region, at least this means no more 3-4am games on Friday mornings.... small consolation....
alxy

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:13 pm

supersub » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:24 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:55 am wrote:Oh well that's Europe finished for this season ,maybe we can qualify for Europe again and go out at the first hurdle with our tactically inept manager stating he's

tut.

every word you said...... :nod

Every Liverpool supporter should have woke up today with the feeling their insides had just been kicked out ,the fact some cant feel the pain of our elimination
to such extremes is a sad indictment mate. Seriously  ,is it just a handful of posters that find the mangers disinterest and blasé attempts to dismiss a season of
European no shows  with a collative of excuses a tad shameless  ??? He and the players should be informed that Liverpool as an institution has a duty to those who
have built our fine legacy in Europe that each time we take to the field on foreign shores wearing that famous red shirt we show the rest of Europe our credentials
by playing with an appetite and unswerving resolve.

I guess we should count ourselves lucky that it still hurts so much mate ,and I pray the pain never lessens to such an extent that I'm either dead ! Or joined the disinterested.

YNWA
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:49 pm

eds » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:40 am wrote:We are out, so be it.

Personally I don't give a flying toss about this competition. It only would have ruined our league run if we got any deeper into this comp, and we now need to contend with having half our squad playing a 2hr game with only 2 days rest before a massive game against last season's champions.

At least we can concentrate on qualifying for the CL now, getting 4th is imperative.

That's exactly what we were trying to do by winning this cup. No one gives a Sh*t about the Europa League, but by winning it you automatically qualify for the CL and that's why we should have given our best to win it. In all honesty I never really considered us favorites to reach 4th but I thought we'd win the Europa League.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:04 pm

Nobody should shrug off that defeat and use the excuse it was just the EL, that was another inept performance both by the players and tactically by the manager, the problem I see is that we have had two disastrous European campaigns this year and does anyone actually believe it will all of a sudden change next season if we qualify. What's going to make it different? Others have used our poor early season form as the excuse for the CL but we don't have that excuse here, we are in the best form of the season and yet we go out to a mediocre Turkish team. Either BR wasn't interested in the EL or he just can't hack it tactically in Europe. Winning the EL give you a CL spot yet BR seemed far more interested in winning the League Cup.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:06 pm

Watching the performance yesterday it was half assed there was no passion no energy no commintment to the cause.

Although Gerrard hasnt been that fantastic this year his performance against Basel to save our CL hopes is what we needed yesterday someone to stand up and say you know what I'll win it for the team and unfortuantely without Gerrard and arguably Henderson there doesnt seem like we have many players who play football for much else apart from the pay cheque.

Brendan needs to accept this one. Taking of Mario is a very stupid mistake to make He is Ranked Number 2 in the world statistcally for taking penalties the only player in the world who has a better record is Rickie Lambert.

Top 4 is a must and if we come up short no matter what we think I cant see him keeping his job.

Onwards to the Citeh game 3 points

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:13 pm

According to the bookies Napoli are now installed as favourites after a 1-0 win to progress 5-0 on agg ,they also had a top five Turkish side in Trabzonspor
but they made the second leg a formality by crushing them 0-4 in Turkey.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:18 pm

Sorry was the first leg 0-4 or the second

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:35 pm

LFC1990 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:18 pm wrote:Sorry was the first leg 0-4 or the second

'According to the bookies Napoli are now installed as favourites after a 1-0 win to progress 5-0 on agg'

Seriously ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games