Southampton V Liverpool - Sunday 22nd Feb K.O. 4.15pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:47 pm

Workmanlike performance ,and very fortunate to not have conceded a penalty and then been reduced to ten men ,but a massive win for the red men.
I thought Mignolet and Skrtel were on top form ,wasn't happy with the manager switching Can to the left and dropping Sturridge because those decisions
could have seriously backfired ,but luck was clearly on our side ...Gorgeous goal from Coutinho to give us the momentum ,and Joe Allen threw in some
vital interceptions in our box to thwart the Saints ,so kudos to him for picking himself up from a nearly horrendous start.

Lallana should have been replaced with Mario ,as I think the home crowds vitriolic chants eventually got under his skin ,Sturridge should have replaced
Sterling who looked completely off the pace ,but apart from that we showed some serious metal in keeping Southampton at bay.

Two points off United and this should be the precise point we push on  :buttrock
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:59 pm

Great result despite the fact that we rode our luck in the 1st half. We improved alot in the 2nd half. The substitutions were good.

Despite the goal sterling's performance was sub-par. I thought Mignolet was MOM for me. 4 pts separate the 3rd and 7th.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundreamin is back » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:05 pm

I think am on the wrong forum here. Liverpool discussion my a.rse all the way though the game was criticism after criticism after criticism. You know who you are. I've got a novel idea try backing the team for a change you would think we were getting tanked today if you didn't watch the match and logged on here
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:21 pm

Dundreamin is back » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:05 pm wrote:I think am on the wrong forum here. Liverpool discussion my a.rse all the way though the game was criticism after criticism after criticism. You know who you are. I've got a novel idea try backing the team for a change you would think we were getting tanked today if you didn't watch the match and logged on here

Obviously ,because you seem to have forgotten to add your own thoughts on the match fella  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:09 pm

I thought we deserved the win.  We defended well, which is more than can be said of Southampton for the second goal.  Skrtel was immense.  Mignolet was good and Lovren, while he had a few shaky moments, probably had his best game for us.  When Sakho comes back I think the time is right to reintroduce Lovren and give him a run in the team, and either take Can out for a few games or push him into midfield.  Last few games he's looked far from comfortable.

Allen and Hendo were solid, while Coutinho and Moreno, when he came on, had good games.  Ibe was brilliant again and showed he can defend too.  Top talent.  I thought Lallana was average and Sterling was worse than that, he's gone off the boil a bit lately.  Despite that he showed his quality with a well taken goal.

Rodgers was right in switching the back 3 to a back 5 at half time and I though bringing Moreno on stifled the threat of Clyne coming forward as Markovic wasn't coping defensively.

We showed how to play Southampton.  Sit off them, let them have the ball and they struggle to break teams down.  It's the same with Everton this season compared to last.  Once teams start showing these sides more respect and sit deeper they struggle.  That's the difference between a top 4 team and a flash in the pan team.  That's why Southampton won't make top 4 this season.  We just might.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:32 am

Massive, massive win, well done lads. The whole EPL is worried, we have the psychological upper hand.

:buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:30 am

Dundreamin is back » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:05 pm wrote:I think am on the wrong forum here. Liverpool discussion my a.rse all the way though the game was criticism after criticism after criticism. You know who you are. I've got a novel idea try backing the team for a change you would think we were getting tanked today if you didn't watch the match and logged on here

You have to remember that people remark in what they see in real time, its all very well reading through afterwards and looking at it from a different perspective and knowing the result. Why don't you try commenting yourself through the match instead of complaining afterwards.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:22 am

Boocity » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:30 am wrote:

You have to remember that people remark in what they see in real time, its all very well reading through afterwards and looking at it from a different perspective and knowing the result. Why don't you try commenting yourself through the match instead of complaining afterwards.

Spot on! Love those retrospect merchants.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:09 am

Great result. Tricky place to go. Ok so we had a bit of luck and all I'd say is it's time !!

Cardiff Red - your comment about Mignolet during the match was the sort of thing I'd expect from an utter retard who supports another team. The lad has played very well recently and doesn't deserve the level of disrespect you bestowed on him. Suggest you grow up or fk off. Don't come back with it was in the heat of the moment. It was a thoroughly shameful thing to say.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:01 am

only me » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:22 am wrote:
Boocity » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:30 am wrote:

Spot on! Love those retrospect merchants.

:D...  Someone needs to understand what is sharing a remote experience real time on the Internet is about. As if you won't be cursing and swearing during the match when you go to the match...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:17 pm

some of us manage to maintain a zen like state of calm during even the most trying of matches

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Homebooby » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:56 pm

andy_g » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:17 am wrote:some of us manage to maintain a zen like state of calm during even the most trying of matches

:bowdown

PMSL
Homebooby

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games