What happen to our Suarez?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Danish Red » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:10 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:07 pm wrote:Does anyone think he'd choose us over Man City or Chelsea? I don't.

He's a genius. But he's also a huge t0sser. It wasn't that long ago he wanted to leave us for Arsenal FFS

I would have agreed if we are talking about the Suarez who was looking to leave to go to Arsenal - but (prob more in hope) think that last season saw a change in him in regards how he felt about the club ?
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:18 pm

Danish Red » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:10 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:07 pm wrote:Does anyone think he'd choose us over Man City or Chelsea? I don't.

He's a genius. But he's also a huge t0sser. It wasn't that long ago he wanted to leave us for Arsenal FFS

I would have agreed if we are talking about the Suarez who was looking to leave to go to Arsenal - but (prob more in hope) think that last season saw a change in him in regards how he felt about the club ?

He's one and the same mate.

The same guy who decided to drag our name through the mud again and bite someone at the world cup.

I don't think he gives a sh1t about LFC or any other club. It's all about Suarez. He's Michael Owen mk2.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Danish Red » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:19 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:18 pm wrote:
Danish Red » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:10 pm wrote:

He's one and the same mate.

The same guy who decided to drag our name through the mud again and bite someone at the world cup.

I don't think he gives a sh1t about LFC or any other club. It's all about Suarez. He's Michael Owen mk2.

You're prob right - its not rocket science is it. Oh well
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby Dundreamin is back » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:05 pm

Quick message to Luis. MONEY CAN'T BUY YOU LOVE
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:50 am

As a few others pointed out rightly that he isn't the focal point of their team. Here everyone wanted to give him the ball and let him run but he isn't getting that at Barca at the moment. There was a lot of speculation happening recently about messi and if that is ever going to happen it will be this summer so suarez might find himself in a totally different boat next season.

I'd have him back in a flash as we would instantly be challengers again. What he had here is unique and like Torres failed to realize it until it was too late  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:23 am

7_Kewell » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:07 am wrote:Does anyone think he'd choose us over Man City or Chelsea? I don't.

He'd continue to follow the money. Emotions are going to get in teh way at this stage, he's got max 5 years left so its money and cups, neither of which we'll give him.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Homebooby » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:03 am

If the chance came in the next couple of years yes, after that perhaps not. I would have him back in a heartbeat
Homebooby

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:48 am

Don't really care for players that I never really feel cared for us.  Suarez, Torres, Mascherano.
All 3 only spent a short enough time here and threw their toys out of the pram to get their transfers.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:53 am

hudagph » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:44 am wrote:Watching him last few days made me feel a bit confused; on the one hand I still miss him loads but on the other I see him struggling and think it's no longer our biz what happens to him. Just hoping it won't be another player whose star wanes having left us. He even missed the type of chance he just gobbled up for fun with us, from about 6 yards! And he appears anxious, misplacing passes, not able to hold the ball up and perhaps trying just too hard, almost to the point you feel he's likely to do something stupid yet again.... I will be watching this space with interest.

The grass is not greener on the other side it seems... I'd always take him back should that situation come to pass  :devil:
killerp

Postby devaney » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:50 pm

Shit lads it would appear that a case of chronic amnesia has set in with some of you  :;):  During Suarez's first one and a half seasons with Liverpool he scored 15 goals in 41 matches. There were times when he couldn't hit the proverbial barn door with a banjo !! In his final two seasons he was incredible and scored 54 goals in 66 matches and it is fair to say that was partly due to improved service from the likes of Coutinho and the fact that the team was designed around him. He has now simply become a very expensive provider for Messi and Neymar. His assist record for Barca is actually quite good.

Barca have recently sacked their director of football who was responsible for all transfer business. Did spending £75m on Suarez have anything to do with his dismissal? Are Barca a better team with Suarez? Is it too early to suggest that they made a Chelsea/Torres type of mistake?

One thing is certain he will never enjoy the adulation that was bestowed upon him at Anfield !!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:57 pm

They didn't make a Chelsea style mistake, they made a Real Madrid type of mistake trying to buy a galactico without having a galactico role. Bet Suarez is scratching his head big style.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:52 pm

yes he is a poor player now, we should by him back for £5......then start him every game and he will get 22 goals for us.
only my view but he is in a team that don't fit him.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:31 pm

Would have him back in a heartbeat. Warts and all.

The reality is I can't see him ever coming back to the side tho.

Our club just lacks the ambition at this moment with it's current owners, inept recruiting department and young manager.

Funny how you lot go on about "loving" him to bits  :laugh:

With the vitriol and hate I am reading just from this thread alone I can see how much collective "love" we really had for him.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby devaney » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:02 pm

Eds - behave - only you could find vitriol and hate in this thread !!!  :laugh:

When Suarez was sold not only did the owners allow the buying committee to spend every penny they also added almost another £40m to the £75m. Total spend last season was£117m. Total net spend in the last four years is nearly £140m. Criticise some of the buys as much as you like. I would probably agree with most of them. We have made several ridiculous mistakes. Carroll being one of the worst in our history. However I certainly don't think that it is reasonable to criticise the owners for lack of ambition. They have done their bit - OTHERS AND I INCLUDE SOME PLAYERS CERTAINLY HAVEN'T. The transfer market has become increasing more difficult. The demands of players and their wives (Sanchez !!) has changed dramatically. Agents play a huge part as well. Would you chose to live in Liverpool over Barcelona or Madrid for example? Don't get me wrong I have lived in Liverpool all my life but I am realistic enough to understand why it would not necessarily be everybody's choice.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ConnO'var » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:48 pm

Our Suarez? I don't think he ever was ours... he only viewed us as a stepping stone.

I know it goes against the grain, but no... I would not have him back. If he thinks the pasture is greener elsewhere than he can stay there. Like others before him (in recent times I mean) who were adored and adulated but still think they can do better elsewhere, I only have one thing to say... you made your bed, now sleep in it. I would not have you back in any way, shape or form... be it Owen, Mascherano, Torres or Suarez. The message is the same. Get used up elsewhere and don't even think of coming back hoping for us to adore you again. Only one exception I have made and another I will make is for Robbie and Alonso... who were forced out I feel.

For those who wanted out and forced their way out, I have no sympathy and no forgiveness.

Better than LFC?
They will AND have found out otherwise.

I hoped they fail miserably everytime.
ConnO'var

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion