Brendan Rodgers thread (signs extended contract)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Santa » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:50 pm

OK didn't know that you're the standard bearer as to how all LFC fans should behave or think? you do have a heighten sense of self-entitlement don't you? Now I'm beginning to understand why "Rawk went mental in the last 6 months". .....and for that reason, I'm out!*

* to quote Shark Tank :)
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:51 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:47 pm wrote:
Danish Red » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:49 pm wrote:
Registered here a long long time ago - no idea on username but been reading for a while as Rawk went mental in the last 6 months.

On reflection, From my ten years + in the forum my gut tells me you're a previously banned member who brought fk all but strife to the forum.

Don't let the door hit your ***** on the way out (again)  !

Haha woof...I thought the very same LOL  :laugh:
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:56 pm

Santa » Feb 1st, '15, 19:51 wrote:
woof woof ! » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:47 pm wrote:
Danish Red » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:49 pm wrote:
Registered here a long long time ago - no idea on username but been reading for a while as Rawk went mental in the last 6 months.

On reflection, From my ten years + in the forum my gut tells me you're a previously banned member who brought fk all but strife to the forum.

Don't let the door hit your ***** on the way out (again)  !

Haha woof...I thought the very same LOL  :laugh:

+2, not, Benny (was he banned) by any chance??

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:14 pm

Kash_Mountain » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:56 pm wrote:+2, not, Benny (was he banned) by any chance??

Odds on, can't think of many others that would trawl through six month old posts by other members in order to score a point. Either way the fella's deffo an a'rse and not needed here.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Boocity » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:31 pm

Yet definitely sounded like Benny, I remember when Spurs spent the £100m and with their new manager were going to run away with the league according to Benny
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:33 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:14 pm wrote:
Kash_Mountain » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:56 pm wrote:+2, not, Benny (was he banned) by any chance??

Odds on, can't think of many others that would trawl through six month old posts by other members in order to score a point. Either way the fella's deffo an a'rse and not needed here.

Adds a bit of spice to the forum though, especially when your in the mood for an argument he would be on hand at any time
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:40 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:12 pm wrote:West Ham striker Andy Carroll has criticised Brendan Rodgers' treatment of him while at Liverpool, telling The Times that he lost respect for the Anfield coach due to his "mixed messages."

Carroll, 26, was signed by then-Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish from Newcastle for 35 million pounds on deadline day of the 2011 January transfer window, but struggled to adapt to life at Anfield.

Rodgers took over in the summer of 2012, and Carroll joined West Ham on loan for the season before completing a permanent move to Upton Park a year later.

Carroll will travel to Anfield to face his old side on Saturday afternoon, and the striker says that while he would have accepted being told he was not part of Rodgers' long-term plans, he claims the Northern Irishman was not honest with him face-to-face.

"With Brendan Rodgers, there was a lot going on," Carroll said. "What he was saying to me and what was actually happening [were different things]. He was telling me one thing to my face, then I'd leave the training ground and he would ring me and tell me a completely different thing.

"He would say: 'You're going to play every week, you're going to play every game up front with [Luis] Suarez'. I'd leave and get home and he would ring me and say: 'Fulham and West Ham want you and I think it's best you should go.' I had just had a conversation with him 10 minutes ago. So I would go back and see him and he would say the opposite again.

"It was the same thing round and round and round. On phone calls, it was: 'I think you should go.' To my face it was: 'You'll start every week'. It was mixed messages. He was messing with my head. I lost respect for him, to be honest."

Carroll says he became angry at his treatment by the Liverpool coach, and saw an exit from Anfield as his only possible choice.

"Another example: I went to Hearts for the [Europa League qualifier]," he said. "I got up there. He said I was starting. I woke up in the morning and he came in and said: 'I think you've got a hamstring problem, you're not going to start.' I said my hamstring was fine. He said I'd be on the bench. I got to the ground and I wasn't even on the bench. I was the only one missing out.

"It was just messing me about. I was angry. I knew it was time to go. I thought I just want to play football. I didn't need this. Under Brendan I knew I was never going to play, with what he was saying to me.

"If he had said straightaway I wasn't going to play, I'd have said fair enough, you're a new manager, it's your decision. You didn't sign me, fair enough. He did it to a few other players, too, players who are not there now. I didn't need to speak to anyone about it. I just knew it was a breakdown. If the manager is treating me like this, [I thought] there is no reason for me to be at Liverpool.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/barclays-premier-league/story/2274154/andy-carroll-liverpool-brendan-rodgers-messed-with-my-head-west-ham-return?

???

Carroll wouldn't go on record with that unless it was true. He isn't the only one of our past players to have a thing or 2 to reveal about the fantastic man management style Rodger's possesses.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:50 pm

Yes, let's ban everyone who disagrees with the popular opinion. No wonder the forum is deserted. BTW that was definitely not Benny, I remember well that he strongly disagreed with everything about Rodgers, positive or negative, and I think he's too big headed to change his opinion, much like most of you on here in fact.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:26 pm

Maybe there's like an argu-bot or something that can be downloaded to the forum to keep people happy :)
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:43 pm

damjan193 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:50 pm wrote:Yes, let's ban everyone who disagrees with the popular opinion. No wonder the forum is deserted. BTW that was definitely not Benny, I remember well that he strongly disagreed with everything about Rodgers, positive or negative, and I think he's too big headed to change his opinion, much like most of you on here in fact.

Agree that it wasn't benny but I'd put my house on it being D.C,  Aka Kerry 07  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:55 pm

damjan193 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:50 pm wrote:Yes, let's ban everyone who disagrees with the popular opinion. No wonder the forum is deserted. BTW that was definitely not Benny, I remember well that he strongly disagreed with everything about Rodgers, positive or negative, and I think he's too big headed to change his opinion, much like most of you on here in fact.

Agree 100%, that's the whole idea of forums, to discuss all matters LFC with fans that agree and disagree with your point of view.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:23 pm

red till i die!! » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:40 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:12 pm wrote:West Ham striker Andy Carroll has criticised Brendan Rodgers' treatment of him while at Liverpool, telling The Times that he lost respect for the Anfield coach due to his "mixed messages."

Carroll, 26, was signed by then-Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish from Newcastle for 35 million pounds on deadline day of the 2011 January transfer window, but struggled to adapt to life at Anfield.

Rodgers took over in the summer of 2012, and Carroll joined West Ham on loan for the season before completing a permanent move to Upton Park a year later.

Carroll will travel to Anfield to face his old side on Saturday afternoon, and the striker says that while he would have accepted being told he was not part of Rodgers' long-term plans, he claims the Northern Irishman was not honest with him face-to-face.

"With Brendan Rodgers, there was a lot going on," Carroll said. "What he was saying to me and what was actually happening [were different things]. He was telling me one thing to my face, then I'd leave the training ground and he would ring me and tell me a completely different thing.

"He would say: 'You're going to play every week, you're going to play every game up front with [Luis] Suarez'. I'd leave and get home and he would ring me and say: 'Fulham and West Ham want you and I think it's best you should go.' I had just had a conversation with him 10 minutes ago. So I would go back and see him and he would say the opposite again.

"It was the same thing round and round and round. On phone calls, it was: 'I think you should go.' To my face it was: 'You'll start every week'. It was mixed messages. He was messing with my head. I lost respect for him, to be honest."

Carroll says he became angry at his treatment by the Liverpool coach, and saw an exit from Anfield as his only possible choice.

"Another example: I went to Hearts for the [Europa League qualifier]," he said. "I got up there. He said I was starting. I woke up in the morning and he came in and said: 'I think you've got a hamstring problem, you're not going to start.' I said my hamstring was fine. He said I'd be on the bench. I got to the ground and I wasn't even on the bench. I was the only one missing out.

"It was just messing me about. I was angry. I knew it was time to go. I thought I just want to play football. I didn't need this. Under Brendan I knew I was never going to play, with what he was saying to me.

"If he had said straightaway I wasn't going to play, I'd have said fair enough, you're a new manager, it's your decision. You didn't sign me, fair enough. He did it to a few other players, too, players who are not there now. I didn't need to speak to anyone about it. I just knew it was a breakdown. If the manager is treating me like this, [I thought] there is no reason for me to be at Liverpool.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/barclays-premier-league/story/2274154/andy-carroll-liverpool-brendan-rodgers-messed-with-my-head-west-ham-return?

???

Carroll wouldn't go on record with that unless it was true. He isn't the only one of our past players to have a thing or 2 to reveal about the fantastic man management style Rodger's possesses.

Yeah, he doesn't seem the type to concoct a story that involves  the complexities of the managers deviation from the persona he portrays to the media in comparison
to how he is perceived by players he deems surplus to requirements. It makes me wonder were the same warped instructions delivered to Balotelli when he threw a
strop in the courtesy lounge and demanded to see his agent ...... It would certainly throw light on his anger at being omitted from the team   ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:27 am

I know my views aren't shared by all but surely the best way to get rid of someone you don't want, especially someone who is a large financial drain on the club, is to pi$$ them off? These lads are under contract for years on massive salaries, in principle they can justsit there banking the money..... like Mr Borini.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:31 am

I'd say he has told balotelli all sorts along with a few others when they aren't flavor of the month.
Loved the bit where he told andy he had a hamstring injury  :laugh:  Funny enough I seem to remember reina's agent coming out about 2 years ago and denied his client was injured after rodgers had told a press conference he was.
He's got form has our Brendan  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:34 am

Reg » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:27 am wrote:I know my views aren't shared by all but surely the best way to get rid of someone you don't want, especially someone who is a large financial drain on the club, is to pi$$ them off? These lads are under contract for years on massive salaries, in principle they can justsit there banking the money..... like Mr Borini.

When you know how ruthless he can be Reg how can it be that Borini is still here never mind even getting game time.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion