Brendan Rodgers thread (signs extended contract)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:02 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:53 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES

Every Liverpool fan defended Suarez lad ,its not like I had a personal epiphany  :D Although lets be honest here mate, Rodgers treatment of Carroll is not the kind that
will ingratiate him with fans who find those revelations slightly strange, if indeed they hold an element of truth  ???

We all defended Luis mate because football is tribal in nature and that's what football fans do, we were prepared to look past Luis's negative traits (which were a lot worse than any negative traits Brendan may have) because we knew he was a major asset to this club.
If Brendan's comments wind one or two fans up then I suggest they adopt a similar stance to the one they took with Suarez because over time Brendan will become a far bigger asset to this club than Luis ever was.
Come on RBG you should be on this side of the argument, you've never been the knee jerk type before, if anything you are the classic circle the wagons type. Football is full of ups and downs, even in our heyday we had plenty of spells where it looked like Leeds, Forest or Everton had over taken us, the great thing this club had though was that it didn't pull itself down from the inside, even when Shankly went 6 years without a trophy and suffered some horror results like the cup defeat to Watford or United beating us 4-1 at Anfield the fans stuck together.
As Kenny said when he came back - if we all stick together we can achieve something.

If that truly is the case ,then the part I've placed in bold should speak volumes . As for Suarez he was simply a player not the man we all place our respective trust in. ???
I will continue tipping up at every game that work will allow ,but I'm there for the adoration of this club not the manager.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Danish Red » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:04 pm

Did you trust Rafa after we left the CL in 2010 in the group stage despite being seeded in the group ?

i was there that night we left the CL against Basle - yes very disappointed and it was gutting especially after not being in the CL for so long - but losing the affinity with he fans inside Anfield ?!

Sorry but thats not what i witness at Anfield ?

I really cant understand this arrogance stance against Basle ? He put out a team that he thought could win - even making a change at half time to change things ( who then wrongly got sent off ) - did i miss something that he said or did that night that you saw ?

But to preach on about "unconditionally support" etc etc and then flip a week later - sorry but thats hypocrisy at best
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:08 pm

Danish Red » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:04 pm wrote:Did you trust Rafa after we left the CL in 2010 in the group stage despite being seeded in the group ?

i was there that night we left the CL against Basle - yes very disappointed and it was gutting especially after not being in the CL for so long - but losing the affinity with he fans inside Anfield ?!

I really cant understand this arrogance stance against Basle ? He put out a team that he thought could win - even making a change at half time to change things ( who then wrongly got sent off ) - did i miss something that he said or did that night that you saw ?

But to preach on about "unconditionally support" etc etc and then flip a week later - sorry but thats hypocrisy at best

Were you in the Kop ? If not, you have about as much as a perspective on the feeling inside that fraternity as the f*cking ITV cameras had that night  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:12 pm

Danish Red » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:04 pm wrote:Did you trust Rafa after we left the CL in 2010 in the group stage despite being seeded in the group ?

Or the kind of honesty that you have little if any comprehension for  ???

Oh and in regards to whether I trusted Rafa after our exit then the answer is a resounding yes ! The man had taken us to two Champions League finals with Ac Milan
and won one of them ...He's a fucking legend ,and any fan that aims comparisons between a winner like Benitez and manager resplendent in glorious defeat
is a fool .....If you think he could emulate Rafa's success at this club then you're even more of a maniacal  fan of Rodgers than I thought.

Rodgers will always be one game away from reverting to type ,tactics wise he's about as ineffective as they come ,it may look clever to confound the fans with his
bizarre substitutions ,but in the end his Ego will define his longevity at this club.
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Danish Red » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:23 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:12 pm wrote:

Honesty has nothing to do with it - if you believe in the way Liverpool fans act in regards supporting the manager through the "bad" times as well as the good times then follow through with that support - dont preach and have actions that are different.

It was gutting there is nop doubt about that - it was the worst 45 mins i had seen since that fraud Hodgson was at the club but it wasnt the first time we had been shocking - seen it under Rafa , seen it under Kenny , seen it under Houllier , seen it every week under Souness and Hodgson but every single time we stuck by them - we offered our support every single week and we put up a big massive protection around the players and the club and the manager.

Its clear that you arent an Internet fan or someone from foriegn lands not able to go to the ground and its clear you are hurt from the CL exit - thats understandable - but lets remember who got us there in the first place , lets remember how we as fans pride ourselves in the support we give our own through thick and thin because we are the ones that we gain the rewards.

Something special i believe is being built - it will take time and there will be ups and downs throughout - stick it out through the downs and it makes the ups all the more sweeter.

Our motto is YNWA - its that for a reason.
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:25 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:08 pm wrote:
Were you in the Kop ?

He may have borrowed Benny the Goons "season ticket"      :;):

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Boocity » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:30 pm

What happens if we don't get into the CL next season, will we be able to keep our best players, will we be able to attract top players. If not how long does the rebuilding go on.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Danish Red » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:33 pm

Boocity » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:30 pm wrote:What happens if we don't get into the CL next season, will we be able to keep our best players, will we be able to attract top players. If not how long does the rebuilding go on.

How long does any team take to rebuild from mid table into CL regular without Russian or Sheik oil money ?

I dont think many teams have done it

And reading through various threads it appears the manager has wasted all the money so who are our best players ?
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:34 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:25 pm wrote:
Were you in the Kop ?

:laugh:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Danish Red » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:36 pm

Were you in the Kop ?

What does that mean ?
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:41 pm

Boocity » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:30 pm wrote:What happens if we don't get into the CL next season, will we be able to keep our best players, will we be able to attract top players. If not how long does the rebuilding go on.

As for attracting top players, from what I've read Sanchez chose Arsenal over us because according to his agent Arsenals record over the last 15 years was a virtual guarantee of CL football and ours wasn't.

Equally worrying, top shelf up and coming players (Sterling, Coutinho etc etc) wont stick around forever if we as a club fail to fulfil their ambitions.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:42 pm

Danish Red » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:23 pm wrote:

Honesty has nothing to do with it - if you believe in the way Liverpool fans act in regards supporting the manager through the "bad" times as well as the good times then follow through with that support - dont preach and have actions that are different.

It was gutting there is nop doubt about that - it was the worst 45 mins i had seen since that fraud Hodgson was at the club but it wasnt the first time we had been shocking - seen it under Rafa , seen it under Kenny , seen it under Houllier , seen it every week under Souness and Hodgson but every single time we stuck by them - we offered our support every single week and we put up a big massive protection around the players and the club and the manager.

Its clear that you arent an Internet fan or someone from foriegn lands not able to go to the ground and its clear you are hurt from the CL exit - thats understandable - but lets remember who got us there in the first place , lets remember how we as fans pride ourselves in the support we give our own through thick and thin because we are the ones that we gain the rewards.

Something special i believe is being built - it will take time and there will be ups and downs throughout - stick it out through the downs and it makes the ups all the more sweeter.

How old are you lad ? Its just you come across like a 12 year old blog writer ...Honesty is the trait I afford the most importance ,and its specifically why I ceased
defending Rodgers ,for the simple fact I have nothing left to proffer in his defence .....If that doesn't sit right with you ,then you're living somewhere I've been but
have no intention of revisiting .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:44 pm

Danish Red » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:36 pm wrote:
Were you in the Kop ?

What does that mean ?

You've been here before, I'm sure you can figure it out     :;):

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Danish Red » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:48 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:42 pm wrote:
Danish Red » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:23 pm wrote:

How old are you lad ? Its just you come across like a 12 year old blog writer ...Honesty is the trait I afford the most importance ,and its specifically why I ceased
defending Rodgers ,for the simple fact I have nothing left to proffer in his defence .....If that doesn't sit right with you ,then you're living somewhere I've been but
have no intention of revisiting .

Im 49 - big 50 this year - birthday on 27th May the Europa League final is that day and i hope to celebrate it in Poland lifting the trophy

As i said i can understand the disappointment of that night - felt it myself and hurts as much as the last time. Just dont give up that easily when it comes to supporting the manager. We had a poor start to one season - one we are recovering from. How much defence did the manager need.
Last edited by Danish Red on Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby Danish Red » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:49 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:44 pm wrote:
Danish Red » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:36 pm wrote:

What does that mean ?

You've been here before, I'm sure you can figure it out     :;):

Registered here a long long time ago - no idea on username but been reading for a while as Rawk went mental in the last 6 months.
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion