Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Danish Red » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:36 am

only me » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:34 am wrote:We have one day to sign a quality striker and save our season...Tic Toc

We struggled to sign one in the summer - i would prepare yourself for us signing no one for the first team tomorrow.
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby only me » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:41 am

Danish Red » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:36 am wrote:
only me » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:34 am wrote:We have one day to sign a quality striker and save our season...Tic Toc

We struggled to sign one in the summer - i would prepare yourself for us signing no one for the first team tomorrow.

Believe me i'm prepared  :laugh:  I think BR will be making a huge mistake not bringing someone in ,the same huge mistake he mad in the beginning of the year betting our season over nutcase as Mario...
But i doubt he will be given any funds to do so ,and rightfully so i guess...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Danish Red » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:44 am

We have just got Sturridge back and Ibe coming back also - that gives us options up front

The only way we would bring in a striker is if either Lambert or Balotelli go
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:04 pm

Danish Red » Feb 1st, '15, 11:13 wrote:
Kash_Mountain » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:57 am wrote:Heard that LFC may be in for Albert Valentin. He used be Barcelona's Head Scout, and I believe he's out of work right now.

Or possibly read it in the Daily Mail three days ago

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... Neves.html

Nope, not at all. Happy that you read it though, you, you number 1 superfan you.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby only me » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:28 pm

Danish Red » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:44 am wrote:We have just got Sturridge back and Ibe coming back also - that gives us options up front

Building on Sturridge health was BR original Sin and if he continues to build on it then it just proves he learned nothing.
Love Ibe but he is deployed in a more deeper role and i don't trust BR to use him enough if you ask me.
As to releasing Baloteli and Borini by all means ,i'll keep Ricky as backup ,he knows the league and is a good striker.

But like you said another window will pass us by with no action...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Danish Red » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:31 pm

only me » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:28 am wrote:
Danish Red » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:44 am wrote:We have just got Sturridge back and Ibe coming back also - that gives us options up front

Building on Sturridge health was BR original Sin and if he continues to build on it then it just proves he learned nothing.
Love Ibe but he is deployed in a more deeper role and i don't trust BR to use him enough if you ask me.
As to releasing Baloteli and Borini by all means ,i'll keep Ricky as backup ,he knows the league and is a good striker.

You can only release players if people are willing to buy them

And there is no point releasing players unless there is replacements available

Rather the scouts were out there now looking for a player to replace Gerrard and look to bring in a striker in the summer when its known what is around
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby only me » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:46 pm

Danish Red » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:31 am wrote:

Rather the scouts were out there now looking for a player to replace Gerrard and look to bring in a striker in the summer when its known what is around

The scouts job will be easier and BR might keep his job if we retain CL position ,maybe win the Europa league or grab a cup...We need another striker now.

As to Mario and Borini ,accept the write-off sell for a loss and move on.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Danish Red » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:49 pm

only me » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:46 am wrote:
Danish Red » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:31 am wrote:

The scouts job will be easier and BR might keep his job if we retain CL position ,maybe win the Europa league or grab a cup...We need another striker now.

As to Mario and Borini ,accept the write-off sell for a loss and move on.

Its not that easy though is it - we tried to sell Borini for a profit in the summer after having the bid accepted and couldnt get a deal done

Again with Balotelli he is back up right now

But whats available right now isnt going to be the top of the tree
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby only me » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:44 pm

[/quote]

Its not that easy though is it - we tried to sell Borini for a profit in the summer after having the bid accepted and couldnt get a deal done

Again with Balotelli he is back up right now

But whats available right now isnt going to be the top of the tree[/quote]

Never said it was easy but it's the right thing to do. We have wasted too much time and relied on luck/chance/gambles to build our team ,amateur stuff.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:49 pm

Latest rumour is we are trying to get Ings this window and sending Lambert or Borini on loan to Burnley for the rest of the season
Doeboy

Postby C-R » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:48 pm

Liverpool are set to make a £6.5million bid for West Ham's Winston Reid.

New Zealand international centre-back Reid, 26, is out of contract at the end of the season.

He rejected a new four-year deal to stay at Upton Park and now Liverpool will test the Hammers' resolve to hang on to him.

West Ham are likely to insist on a fee of £6-£7m, but Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers can meet that demand.

If Reid goes, the Hammers will enter the race for Croatian defender Vedran Corluka.

The former Tottenham defender is now at Spartak Moscow and will this week go to Spain for a warm-weather training camp with the Russian team.

Corluka, 28, is available at £4.5m but West Ham will face stiff competition from three Premier League rivals.

West Brom boss Tony Pulis is anxious to bolster his defence in a bid to steer his new club away from the relegation zone. Everton are also keen, and under-pressure Hull manager Steve Bruce is also monitoring the situation.

Source: Daily Mirror
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:02 pm

Winston Reid 6m to sit on the bench

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:03 pm

LFC1990 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:02 am wrote:Winston Reid 6m to sit on the bench

I've heard a lot of talk about how incredible he is. Sterling made him look like f*cking Paul Koncheskey yesterday.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby LFC1990 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:05 pm

There is no way he would get into our side

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:37 pm

Liverpool could be set for a busy transfer deadline day after they were linked with an 11th hour move for Real Madrid holding midfielder Asier Illarramendi.

Spanish newspaper El Confidencial has reported the story, and insists the Reds are prepared to pay up to £18million for the former Real Sociedad youngster.

It is understood Brendan Rodgers is keen to strengthen his squad before tomorrow night's transfer deadline, while he also believes the 24-year-old could become the long-term replacement for Steven Gerrard, who is set to join LA Galaxy in the summer.

Illarramendi is just 18 months into a six year deal at the Bernabeu Stadium, but it seems Madrid may be willing to cash in on the player who is yet to be capped by Spain.

Source: Metro
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill