Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:43 pm

It's a pity about Ings, I think he could be a half decent player.
Although he's obviously nowhere near on the same level as Alan Shearer he does remind me a bit of Shearer style wise, especially in his early years.
He came through the same Southampton academy that produced the likes of Lallana, Bale, Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Shaw, Chamberlain, Ward-Prowse etc so he's obviously been well coached and although he dropped down into the lower divisions it hasn't taken him long to work his way up to the top flight (and the England U21 team).
That being said most of these signings never work out and usually the step up in class is too much for them but as I said if the fee is low I think he might be worth taking a gamble on.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:40 pm

Danny Ings  :glare: typical. Not a bad player but you can't go moneyball on everything! Balotelli, Borini and Lambert are useless and Sturridge is too injury prone, we desperately need someone of Sturrdige's caliber because without him we're hopeless upfront. Ridiculous really, I never thought that I'd see Rodgers' Liverpool being better at defending than attacking.

I'm not expecting us to splash 40m on Benzema or Higuain, but we have to look at someone more proven than kids like Ings. Like Lacazette or Jackson Martinez for example. Ings might come good but it's more likely that he won't.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Danish Red » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:44 pm

Lacazette would be an exciting buy

The young Cameroon lad would be good - Aboubaker ?

Not sure why Martinez still hasn't been picked up

El Sharwaay think is a player that could be got
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:18 pm

Danny ings  :down:  Do we really need any more gambles ? I'd have thought we would be looking to add a bit of proven quality seeing as we so badly need it. What we don't need is more of the same.
What kind of planning is this anyway. Are we not looking to qualify for the CL again or something ? are we looking to go beyond the group stages or just have another visit for a bit of experience ?

We would want to hope sturridge is finally over his injuries or will it take another season for the penny to drop.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:44 am

We buy cheap and with the stadium loan to pay back to our own owners, yes our own owners, it will continue.

Personally I wish they would sell up and feck off so we can get the job done.

Danny Ings for Christ sakes and they wont pay now to get him either.

Next season Jordan Henderson will be Liverpool captain  :laugh:  Like Sammy Lee pulling on the armband in the 80s.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:53 am

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers wants to sign Hannover captain Lars Stindl, 26, after identifying the German midfielder as the long-term replacement for outgoing Reds skipper Steven Gerrard. (Talksport)
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:53 am

Premier League clubs including Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United are ready to move for Borussia Dortmund's Marco Reus after Bayern Munich ended their interest in the 25-year-old winger. (Bild)
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:40 am

Liverpool are going head-to-head with Arsenal for the signature of French striker André-Pierre Gignac according to Tuttosort.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:36 am

parchpea » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:44 am wrote:We buy cheap and with the stadium loan to pay back to our own owners, yes our own owners, it will continue.

Personally I wish they would sell up and feck off so we can get the job done.

Strange to see that some folks still struggle to undertsand the owners. Are they being blamed now for wanting to rebuild the stadium? Was it also their fault it snowed on friday and the roads were a misery?   :help
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:31 am

Liverpool face a tough task replacing Steven Gerrard when he exits at the end of the season for LA Galaxy.

But Brendan Rodgers is keeping a keen eye on Hannover skipper Lars Stindl since his return from injury as he looks to find the man to fill his boots.

A versatile and hard working 26-year-old, Stindl is now playing in slightly more advanced role and it's paid off with the player notching three goals and two assists in just seven appearances, the same amount he got in 31 appearances last year.

Clearly hitting his peak, the Hannover skipper, if he can stay injury free, looks like he could be an excellent signing for the Reds with his current club's sporting director, Dirk Dufner, saying: "He's our most important and valuable player."

Source: talkSPORT
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:31 am

Dnipro star Yevhen Konoplyanka has turned down a move to Roma in order to join either Liverpool or Tottenham this summer.

The winger came close to joining Brendan Rodgers' side a year ago before a move collapsed.

The Reds boss decided to pursue other targets following Luis Suarez's big-money move to Barcelona, but he is now ready to move once again for the Ukraine international.

Tottenham also remain keen on signing Konoplyanka, with the 25-year-old set to become a free agent at the end of the season.

Mauricio Pochettino is plotting to deploy the midfielder alongside Christian Eriksen and Erik Lamela behind free-scoring striker Harry Kane, and will do all in his power to beat Rodgers to Konoplyanka's signature.

And speaking on his official Youtube channel, the talismanic playmaker admitted that he still dreams of playing for either side after making a brave decision to reject Serie A hopefuls Roma.

Konoplyanka said: "Yes, Roma were interested in me, but I refused them. Perhaps they will be disappointed but that's life and that's football.

"Last time with Liverpool was different. I wanted to go there but the clubs could not agree terms [with each other].

"My goal as a child was to play in England. The leagues are stronger and I still want to try my hand there."

Source: Daily Express
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:46 am

Liverpool are set to make a £6.5million bid for West Ham’s Winston Reid according to various newspapers
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:57 am

Heard that LFC may be in for Albert Valentin. He used be Barcelona's Head Scout, and I believe he's out of work right now.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Danish Red » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:13 am

Kash_Mountain » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:57 am wrote:Heard that LFC may be in for Albert Valentin. He used be Barcelona's Head Scout, and I believe he's out of work right now.

Or possibly read it in the Daily Mail three days ago

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... Neves.html
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby only me » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:34 am

We have one day to sign a quality striker and save our season...Tic Toc
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill