Brendan Rodgers thread (signs extended contract)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Danish Red » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:54 pm

Kash_Mountain » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:46 pm wrote:
Danish Red » Jan 30th, '15, 16:29 wrote:As I said - you paitence last all of one month - well done , all your preaching to other fans and their lack of paitence meant nothing and was as hollow as most internet support

It was Rodgers first season in the CL - he made mistake and showed he was naive , it's something he will learn from and will approach the games different next time

Rodgers isn't the first manager to suffer an early exit in Europe - other more expirenced and successful managers have suffered the same fate

But it's great that your support has allowed him the paitence and chance to rectify the mistakes

He's not learnt at all from the mistakes he's made, he's made countless e.g. he persisted with his philosophy style for the best part of the season, when he should have changed it every early on, everybody knows this. He didn't approach the season differently did he. He should have known better with what happened previous season, but ............ Patients, you will find that most have been patient for a very long time. Enough is enough. BR does not have a clue.

DoF and Head Coach.

Didnt the previous season have us just missing out on the title ? What approach should he have made that was different to a season where we challenged for the title for the first time in 20 plus years

Very long time ? Really how long are you calling a "very long time" - a couple months isn't a "very long time"

He is still persisting with his style and the way the team players - he has tinkered with the formation to get the best of the players - it's a style of play that our club was built on
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:55 pm

Kash_Mountain » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:48 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Jan 30th, '15, 16:46 wrote:
Danish Red » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:29 pm wrote:As I said - you paitence last all of one month - well done , all your preaching to other fans and their lack of paitence meant nothing and was as hollow as most internet support

It was Rodgers first season in the CL - he made mistake and showed he was naive , it's something he will learn from and will approach the games different next time

Rodgers isn't the first manager to suffer an early exit in Europe - other more expirenced and successful managers have suffered the same fate

But it's great that your support has allowed him the paitence and chance to rectify the mistakes

So now honesty is a crime ? Like I said your relatively new to this forum so I will afford your ignorance the benefit of the doubt ,but you need to learn fast !
I said I could no longer defend the manager and if I tried to do so, I would be being disingenuous to the point of running for mayor .

This I'm a better fan than you malarkey ,seriously doesn't wash ,simply because your not ! I mean I don't know your age ,but I'm guessing I was standing in the Boy's
pen when you were still latched to your mums tit  :D

RB, Danish Red is Yakka  :;):

Yakka is a knowledgeable poster ,besides he would never have  misspelt 'Patience' :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Danish Red » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:55 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:52 pm wrote:
Danish Red » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:46 pm wrote:There are some that want Rafa back , some that want Kenny back , some that want Mourinho etc etc but unless I'm missing something the majority firmly appear to be right behind our current manager

Even during our bad spell in Oct/Nov whilst there were unhappy people the ones that wanted him gone were very much the minority

based on what exactly ,your time in the stands ....I may be acting slightly elitist here , but fans sit in the Kop fella ....OK thats not entirely fair ,as I'm sure your
contingent add to the atmosphere in some manner  :D

"My contingent" ? Sorry I'm not sure what it is you are suggesting ?
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:03 pm

Danish Red » Jan 30th, '15, 16:54 wrote:
Kash_Mountain » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:46 pm wrote:
Danish Red » Jan 30th, '15, 16:29 wrote:As I said - you paitence last all of one month - well done , all your preaching to other fans and their lack of paitence meant nothing and was as hollow as most internet support

He's not learnt at all from the mistakes he's made, he's made countless e.g. he persisted with his philosophy style for the best part of the season, when he should have changed it every early on, everybody knows this. He didn't approach the season differently did he. He should have known better with what happened previous season, but ............ Patients, you will find that most have been patient for a very long time. Enough is enough. BR does not have a clue.

DoF and Head Coach.

Didnt the previous season have us just missing out on the title ? What approach should he have made that was different to a season where we challenged for the title for the first time in 20 plus years

Very long time ? Really how long are you calling a "very long time" - a couple months isn't a "very long time"

He is still persisting with his style and the way the team players - he has tinkered with the formation to get the best of the players - it's a style of play that our club was built on

Come on, get a grip. Everything you've said here is wrong.  You are funny, I give you that much.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Danish Red » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:09 pm

Sorry but which part is wrong ?

The previous season did have us challenge for the title - so why change the approach ?

I asked how long is a "very long time" as you believe people have been "Paitent a very long time"

As he is persisting with his style of play - the formation has changed ?

So what exactly is wrong ?
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:23 pm

Danish Red » Jan 30th, '15, 17:09 wrote:Sorry but which part is wrong ?

The previous season did have us challenge for the title - so why change the approach ?

I asked how long is a "very long time" as you believe people have been "Paitent a very long time"

Come on Yakka, now you are trying to throw everyone of the scent.

1: you better ask BR why he reverted to the slow build up, pass, pass, pass game. Previous season, 2nd part of it was very different to the first part of last and this  season.

2: persisting with his style of play, yes philosophy style, that rubbish  the first part of this season. (See  1) 2nd part of last season was way different, not his philosophy, should have stuck with it

3: patients, since the last time LFC won the league.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Danish Red » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:47 pm

Kash_Mountain » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:23 pm wrote:

1: you better ask BR why he reverted to the slow build up, pass, pass, pass game. Previous season, 2nd part of it was very different to the first part of last and this  season.

2: persisting with his style of play, yes philosophy style, that rubbish  the first part of this season. (See  1) 2nd part of last season was way different, not his philosophy, should have stuck with it

The way Rodgers wants the team to play hasn't changed a bit - it's the same style of possesion being key to the game , of being patience in the build up and waiting for the right time to play the right pass or the right time to burst forward - add to the high pressing with lots of energy from the forward line .

Throughout the 2 and a half seasons that has been Rodgers style - he has tried different people in different positions and tried countless different formations - he is constantly looking to find ways to improve on the pitch

Last season was great with the players going forward because we had the worlds third best player as the focal point - he brought others into the game

The start of the season we didn't have that focal point so the manager tried to get the whole team to be a focal point - not rely on one player - it was doing ok - the game against Spurs was very good and we ripped them apart - the movement of Sturridge was world class - it created space , it allowed others to find the pass - then he got injured and Balotelli went in the position and the dynamics changed - no movement , no creating of space but Rodgers persisted with him and results were inconsistent

Then Sterling went into the role - immediatly there was movement up front - creating space for Coutinho to move into and create and the pace of play was massively increased - the outlet was there and that's how we continue to play now - the style and philopshy was the same throughout

As for the last part - yes we haven't won a title for 20 plus years - then a manager gets us to actually challenge for the title we haven't won and you want him gone a couple months later - yes you have been really paitent haven't you.
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:54 pm

Danish Red » Jan 30th, '15, 17:47 wrote:
Kash_Mountain » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:23 pm wrote:

The way Rodgers wants the team to play hasn't changed a bit - it's the same style of possesion being key to the game , of being patience in the build up and waiting for the right time to play the right pass or the right time to burst forward - add to the high pressing with lots of energy from the forward line .

Throughout the 2 and a half seasons that has been Rodgers style - he has tried different people in different positions and tried countless different formations - he is constantly looking to find ways to improve on the pitch

Last season was great with the players going forward because we had the worlds third best player as the focal point - he brought others into the game

The start of the season we didn't have that focal point so the manager tried to get the whole team to be a focal point - not rely on one player - it was doing ok - the game against Spurs was very good and we ripped them apart - the movement of Sturridge was world class - it created space , it allowed others to find the pass - then he got injured and Balotelli went in the position and the dynamics changed - no movement , no creating of space but Rodgers persisted with him and results were inconsistent

Then Sterling went into the role - immediatly there was movement up front - creating space for Coutinho to move into and create and the pace of play was massively increased - the outlet was there and that's how we continue to play now - the style and philopshy was the same throughout

As for the last part - yes we haven't won a title for 20 plus years - then a manager gets us to actually challenge for the title we haven't won and you want him gone a couple months later - yes you have been really paitent haven't you.

Dear oh dear, where to  even begin with what you've just mentioned.............

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:03 pm

Until the fans are aware who wanted what player at the club its hard to decide whether rodgers should be at the club or not.

Last season we had the best striker in the league we took advantage of a poor man utd side and did the double over them as well as that we had a hungry Sturridge and Sterling,

This season we have lost Suarez and failed to replace him and injury to Danny after THREE games. As well as that Sterling looks half arsed.

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Danish Red » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:09 pm

I did notice Kash that you were very quiet during the period from Feb to September - is that because we were doing well ?

Also notice that early September you appeared to be supportive of the signings made

We also need to stay within the confines of FFP, and as i understand it it, we are very close to the mark. We can't afford to be paying £250k - £300k to players like the Mwanckers.  We definitely required squad depth, which we have now.  Had we just bought in a couple of 'marquee' signings, that would not help in the slightest to build the squad, because injuries happen during the course of the season and then we'd be thin on the ground again. Look, I know we've had a bumpy start, however I  still believe will suprise everyone again , like last season, by getting right to the top. 

That was September - then in mid September you posted a big long post questioning him then October you call him a poor manager and question his signings and tactics and no chance of 4th etc etc etc

So it's seems you change like the wind - have zero paitence in the manager and team and whoever was in charge you would turn on the minute there was a few bad results

You appear to suggest to know what goes in within the club yet I would be very surprised if anything you have said has actually turned out to be true and has actually happened
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:19 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:42 pm wrote:
Danish Red » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:08 pm wrote:
Are we talking last season here or was it ok Gerrard playing there last season ?

Guess it was also Gerrard playing in the DM role that was at fault for Mignolet falling apart , CB's unable to defend set pieces or attacking players unable to finish chances - just a few of the other reasons for our poor start

Your new to this forum

And yet the Pavlovian impulse to respond to every post does ring a bell    :eyebrow   

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Kash_Mountain » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:57 pm

Danish Red » Jan 30th, '15, 18:09 wrote:I did notice Kash that you were very quiet during the period from Feb to September - is that because we were doing well ?

Also notice that early September you appeared to be supportive of the signings made

We also need to stay within the confines of FFP, and as i understand it it, we are very close to the mark. We can't afford to be paying £250k - £300k to players like the Mwanckers.  We definitely required squad depth, which we have now.  Had we just bought in a couple of 'marquee' signings, that would not help in the slightest to build the squad, because injuries happen during the course of the season and then we'd be thin on the ground again. Look, I know we've had a bumpy start, however I  still believe will suprise everyone again , like last season, by getting right to the top. 

That was September - then in mid September you posted a big long post questioning him then October you call him a poor manager and question his signings and tactics and no chance of 4th etc etc etc

So it's seems you change like the wind - have zero paitence in the manager and team and whoever was in charge you would turn on the minute there was a few bad results

You appear to suggest to know what goes in within the club yet I would be very surprised if anything you have said has actually turned out to be true and has actually happened

"I did notice Kash that you were very quiet during the period from Feb to September - is that because we were doing well ?"
Right, first off, not that it is any off your business, but quiet due to major heart surgery, so well out of it.

"We also need to stay within the confines of FFP, and as i understand it , we are very close to the mark. We can't afford to be paying £250k - £300k to players like the Mwanckers.  We definitely required squad depth, which we have now.  Had we just bought in a couple of 'marquee' signings, that would not help in the slightest to build the squad, because injuries happen during the course of the season and then we'd be thin on the ground again. Look, I know we've had a bumpy start, however I  still believe will suprise everyone again , like last season, by getting right to the top"

Secondly, yes, I was positive, as everybody was,  but the more I looked into what BR had done and bought in, and the things he was saying in the Press, and the mistakes he was making,  I realised it was not right, BR is not the man for LFC  (call it what you will, an epiphany, is that a crime) a lot of fans know this.  BR  wasted a lot of money on quantity, and as a  result he has made things a hell of a lot worse for it. Right now, because of him, its “sell to buy” Squad depth, yes, use some from the Academy, unlikely with BR in charge. There was no reason to bring the amount of players that he did. He bought players that are suited to how LFC played the 2nd part of last season, that is why he bought them in,  and to some extent, how LFC are playing now, not the way he had them playing the 1st part of the season. He wasted those months.  Had BR said that he would bring in a couple of players and use the academy as back up, the Owners and everyone involved would have been happy with that. BR wanted to spend like a kid in a sweet shop, and that is exactly what he did. LFC are in a state with FFP, BR made things worse.

“So it's seems you change like the wind - have zero paitence in the manager and team and whoever was in charge you would turn on the minute there was a few bad results”

a few bad results, nope, it's been more than that. He's made so many, many mistakes.  I began to see a pattern, first part of the season was exactly like the first part of last  season.  Why did he revert back to the rubbish when he knew full well that it wasn’t working. Now he changes it, with only a few months of the season left. Pathetic.  Had he learned anything from the previous season, he would have stuck with how the team played the 2nd part of last season, and don’t give me losing LS and DS rubbish because that is an excuse.  He creates a new role for SG, and Hendo etc had to babysit him because he was struggling in that role, why the hell did BR create the role for him in the first place! it wasn’t necessary, yet he persisted with it until recently.  He should have planned ahead because of the type of player Sturridge is, explosive, and prone to injury, he didn’t do that. He knew LS was leaving and didn’t plan.

"You appear to suggest to know what goes in within the club yet I would be very surprised if anything you have said has actually turned out to be true and has actually happened"

if you are talking about the top down full review, yes it is happening as I right this. We shall see the recommendations from it soon enough. Though this time, they didn't ask David Dein to be involved.
Last edited by Kash_Mountain on Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:57 pm

woof woof ! » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:19 pm wrote:Your new to this forum

And yet the Pavlovian impulse to respond to every post does ring a bell    :eyebrow   

:D

:laugh:

He does seem a quite persistent fellow  :;):
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Danish Red » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:19 pm

Kash - hope your feeling better after the illness

1. Which players has money been wasted on ?

2. In the time BR has played he following academy/youngsters that have played are - Flanagan , Wisdom , Rossiter , Suso , Ibe , Sterling , Sinclair - others that have been part of the squad - Wars , Smith , Willliams , Ojo - to suggest that Academy players don't have a chanc is factually incorrect

3. Why is it BR fault that we have to sell to buy ? Under him we have a net spend of £60mil in three transfer windows - under Kenny that net spend was over £70mil - yet it's Br's fault ? Half of BR's net spend is covered by CL money. Our issues with FFP are not to do with BR - there is a great deal amount of costs from before BR that are effecting FFP ( but the club is hopeful they get included in the stadium costs )

4. Suarez - the club had no intention of selling Suarez until he took a chunk out of Chellini - until then the plan was to build around him - that's been confirmed by the manager. So to suggest he knew Suarez was leaving before then is false - again.

5. Sturridge - no manager in the world of football can ever plan that they will lose a player for 6 months of the season - to suggest he should have planned for that is truly laughable
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:45 pm

Regardless of length he should have planned for a period of injury to sturridge and had someone in t he squad who can perform a role similar to Sturidge.

He doesnt want to play Borini and the other two cant play that system.

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion