Brendan Rodgers thread (signs extended contract)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:25 pm

fivecups » Jan 28th, '15, 21:41 wrote:Kash, I'll ask again. Over and over again you mention this review that's being carried out. Whats your source for this???

Mate, I won't name them, but they are very trusted sources

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:27 pm

Danish Red » Jan 28th, '15, 21:20 wrote:
Kash_Mountain » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:43 pm wrote:
Danish Red » Jan 28th, '15, 16:39 wrote:They are not excuses - they are reasons

Replacing a player like Suarez isn't an easy matter and then losing Sturridge also - that's 50 goals gone - thats a massive loss for any club to have

Last season we actually had the title in our hands with three games left to play - we were never in that position with either Rafa or GH and it's quite clear to see that

So who do you want to see as manager

It's clear to see the youth coming through and the foundations being built - even the signings we had in the summer - how many were youngsters looking towards the future ? Three seasons ago we will floundering aound  7th/8th - the manager gets us back into the top 4 and yet some still want him gone

1.Dress it up how you want, 2nd is second, and it doesn't matter how close LFC were, they came 2nd, end off.

2.Who said it was easy to replace LS, I certainly didn't nor did anyone else. As I said before, BR had ample time, so what was he doing for the best part of a year and a bit, he definitely knew LS was leaving and didn't plan. What does that say Yakka, it says that he is a bad manager (Coach) who does not plan ahead.

3.Don't make me laugh about the Academy Players, how is it clear to see the youth coming through?  he's shafted them by loaning them out, or selling them and shells out and buys youngsters from abroad who only have a 'bit' more experience than most of the Academy players. 

4.It’s obvious that one of the issues is that LFC can't afford to buy those ‘ ready made’ players, that’s a massive problem because the money spent in the summer should have been spent on quality for the 1st team rather than quantity (a kid in a sweet shop style). Why is the likes of Rossiter not getting a chance?  The Coaching staff (including BR) have no idea of the types pf assets that are in the Academy, they are being wasted. There are players in the Academy, like Rossiter, that are quality.

Do you realise what it means to have an Academy?  It is failing FFP rules because BR refuses to give them chance in favour of buying  so called ‘young ready-made players’  The players that he has brought in are of similar age to those quality players in the Academy.

5.So, after the full review that is being conducted by the Owners, they are likely to bring in a DoF and Head Coach from what I understand.

6.Do you realise its BR that makes recommendations to the board about keeping players? He wants to keep GJ, a player that has no desire or ability, what a joke.

7.Do you realise that part of the review includes details of what the day  to day training entails,  day to day management of players etc. Then draw up a plan detailing who and what can help.  BR will need to accept the recommendations of help and must work with whoever is employed to make improvements. But BR being BR, his ego will probably take a beating and refuse the help in the process. The Owners want success, they have invested heavily, and following consultation with the 3rd parties, BR may be gone in the summer. Point is, If BR won’t accept  help, then the Owners will consider other options, and it would be complacent to think that they have not done this already.

1. There is a clear difference between actually challenging for the title going into the last week - that's we did last year - it's the closest we have come in 20 plus years
2. When was it decided that Suarez was leaving a year in advance ? Understand he signed a new contract and the club had no intention of selling him until he bit the Italian

3. Players going on loan is part of their development - it allows them to gain expirence - Ibe is the perfect example

4. Rossiter is a young lad who has played his part in the season but again is still young and has someone called Lucas playing in his role right now returning to form. It was clear last year that with the increase in games this season we need to increase the size and quality innthe squad hence why we bought 6 players and loaned another - we couldn't go into this season with such a small squad.

5. What review ? Who has told you all this about a DoF etc - from what is being said the owners are happy with the progress being made by the manager.

The newspaper reports that he would like GJ to stay on a reduced contract - that's his choice and didn't realise it was the defining mark of him as a manager

When did the owners speak to you about this plan of theirs

And again please name the manager you would like to see instead of Rodgers

That's Rodgers who has taken a team from 7th/8th into 2nd and CL and again looking to get into the Top 4 of the league to continue building

Again, excuses for a poor manager (coach)

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Danish Red » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:38 pm

So which manager should come to the club to improve on the finish Rodgers did.

You seem to slag Rodgers off with ease but yet to see who you would replace him with.

And it's not excuses it's reasons. And calling them excuses allow you to convieniently ignore very valid points made to you
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby Doeboy » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:24 pm

fivecups » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:33 pm wrote:
Danish Red » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:08 pm wrote:So a manager puts us within one game of winning the title ( our best result in two decades ) then loses the two main reasons for that so struggles with a lot of new arrivals - changes things and then the team starts to play well again and get results and people want him gone ?!

So I guess there is a magical list of managers to bring in ?

Or how about we get behind the one who has finally given us hope for the future and is building solid foundations for us.

Yes, not to mention we shop in a different market to the other top teams. We've talked and hoped for loads of players in recent years - Aguero, Eriksen, Falcao, Sanchez, Willian, Costa, Silva etc. etc. etc. Either we can't afford these players or they choose the London lifestyle. We shouldn't be matching Chelsea/City but we did last season and we're not far off at the minute.

Another problem is that the newer generation of players can't relate our past successes. Growing up, they are probably used to seeing likes of Utd, Arsenal winning leagues and now Chelsea and City. They were probably still in their nappies or not even born when we were dominating things in the 80s. It was always said we never followed up our interest in Eriksen with a serious bid. Looking like bit of a ***** up as he looks top draw and was one I am pretty certain would have come to us
Doeboy

Postby Reg » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:51 am

Kash_Mountain » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:25 am wrote:
fivecups » Jan 28th, '15, 21:41 wrote:Kash, I'll ask again. Over and over again you mention this review that's being carried out. Whats your source for this???

Until you do, your answer is full of shi!t.  :Oo:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:31 am

Danish Red » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:38 pm wrote:So which manager should come to the club to improve on the finish Rodgers did.

You seem to slag Rodgers off with ease but yet to see who you would replace him with.

And it's not excuses it's reasons. And calling them excuses allow you to convieniently ignore very valid points made to you

Unfortunately you don't have any valid points.

Isolating last season and using it as a measuring stick for where we are at whilst totally ignoring the fact that we currently aren't in the top 4 THIS SEASON and will most likely not qualify for CL does make your entire argument on whether Rodgers should stay heavily flawed.

Whichever way you want to convince yourself we have actually regressed competitively.

Rather then asking other people which managers should coach the club instead of Rodgers, ask yourself if you trust giving Rodgers another transfer budget to spend on more kids and "moneyball" buys and whether it will actually improve us from where we finish this season to where we are expected to finish next season. That's the main reason why so many fans are disillusioned as they understand (unlike you) that last season was just another false dawn which papered over the massive cracks we have at our club to be consistently competitive, which after 3 seasons still doesn't seem to have been remotely addressed.

If we hadn't wasted so much money on players like Borini, Allen, Assaidi, Luis Alberto, Aspas, Mingolet, Balotelli, to name a few under Rodgers you could convince me to give him more time but when you look at the colossal list of transfer flops and over-spending on certain players, his time is unfortunately up. And hopefully our whole recruiting department with Ian Ayre is also given the flick over the next few months because we are going nowhere with them at the club.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Kash_Mountain » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:53 am

Reg » Jan 29th, '15, 02:51 wrote:
Kash_Mountain » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:25 am wrote:

Until you do, your answer is full of shi!t.  :Oo:

:D  we'll just have to wait and see won't we.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby C-R » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:07 am

I see the boss is in good spirits this morning https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos_h264high ... ArO_EXx0zX
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:14 am

eds » Jan 29th, '15, 03:31 wrote:
Danish Red » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:38 pm wrote:So which manager should come to the club to improve on the finish Rodgers did.

Unfortunately you don't have any valid points.

Isolating last season and using it as a measuring stick for where we are at whilst totally ignoring the fact that we currently aren't in the top 4 THIS SEASON and will most likely not qualify for CL does make your entire argument on whether Rodgers should stay heavily flawed.

Whichever way you want to convince yourself we have actually regressed competitively.

Rather then asking other people which managers should coach the club instead of Rodgers, ask yourself if you trust giving Rodgers another transfer budget to spend on more kids and "moneyball" buys and whether it will actually improve us from where we finish this season to where we are expected to finish next season. That's the main reason why so many fans are disillusioned as they understand (unlike you) that last season was just another false dawn which papered over the massive cracks we have at our club to be consistently competitive, which after 3 seasons still doesn't seem to have been remotely addressed.

If we hadn't wasted so much money on players like Borini, Allen, Assaidi, Luis Alberto, Aspas, Mingolet, Balotelli, to name a few under Rodgers you could convince me to give him more time but when you look at the colossal list of transfer flops and over-spending on certain players, his time is unfortunately up. And hopefully our whole recruiting department with Ian Ayre is also given the flick over the next few months because we are going nowhere with them at the club.

And on top of what  EDS said, there is a pressing question that must be asked of BR, what are his long term plans for the Academy players?  and the reason for this question (just a couple of examples from so many):
1: He brings in Manquillo on loan for 2 years and if he plays well his Club can recall him (what is that about?), and he sells Kelly, why? 
2: He then sends Wisdom out on loan, why? 

BR shouldn't be forced into giving the Academy players an opportunity, he should be grateful that he has them, but he just doesn't appreciate them. He really should be giving them the  opportunity to prove they can make the step up, and save money for better quality (rather then quantity) players for important areas.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:18 am

I think the main grievance i have with BR is the lies

" we will focus on bringing in quality not quantity" that was before Suarez left

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:10 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Jan 28th, '15, 20:59 wrote:Why are you constantly having a go at Rodgers about our transfer policy? Did you miss that piece by James Pearce of the Echo where he explained that Rodgers doesn't have the power of veto and has been frequently over ruled?
Putting that aside for one moment where have you been the past 5 years? Did you miss the part where we nearly went bust, had a Chelsea fan for a chairman, went through a succession of managers and constantly finished halfway down the table?
Brendan has been here 3 years, in that time he has nearly won us our first title in a quarter of a century, got us into the CL for the first time in half a decade and he has us playing some of the best football in our history.
All this when there are at least 4 clubs with excellent managers and vastly more resources than us.
You don't want a manager you want a miracle worker.
Brendan is doing an absolutely fantastic job, we don't spend £60m+ on players but he has put together a side that can compete with teams that do. Last night half of our team was 22 or under and our manager is the same age as Ryan Giggs but there was nothing and I mean nothing between the two sides and considering the opposition are being bankrolled by petro dollars and have Jose Mourinho as manager I think Brendan deserves a hell of a lot of praise for that.

For crying out loud, do you believe everything you read in the Press.

Lol,  i'm well aware of what has been going on the last 5 years, except I don't wear rose tinted spec like you!

'Nearly' (is the operative word) won us the title in a quarter of a century, you forgot to mention GH and Rafa, it's all the same, 'nearly'.  We have finished 2nd before, it doesn’t mean a thing to finish 2nd.  GH and Rafa both got LFC into 2nd second position but they too failed to get a hold of the season which should have seen LFC win the title.  You make out that coming 2nd is  a fantastic achievement

"Playing some of the best football in LFC history" what happened to the first part of this season, and the first part of last season, can you answer that without rose tinted specs?  Do you remember, or conveniently forgot, LFC spent the 1st half of each season BR has been at LFC playing  rubbish very slow pace,  pass and more, pass football with no end product.  Why did he not continue with the team playing like the 2nd part of last season?  Because he thought he knew better and decided to revert back to his philosophy style (slow pace, pas, pass football). You could see that it wasn't working right? and yet he continued and continued with it until the second part of the season.  Then proceeds to tell the world that he didn't expect the team to challenge for the title after spending over £100m. The Owners I can tell you are not happy with him.  He said about Tottenham, "if you spend that kind of money, you should be challenging for the title" mocking them, looks like it’s come back to bite him ah!

"Miracle worker" no mate, I want someone that is capable and has ability to take the team forward, BR is not that man.

We have finished 2nd before, it doesn’t mean a thing to finish 2nd.  GH and Rafa both got LFC into 2nd second position but they too failed to get a hold of the season which should have seen LFC win the title.  You make out that coming 2nd is  a fantastic achievement.

With regards LS, yes he wanted out, BR knew this as I’ve said before and  should have planned for his departure, but it is very clear to see that he didn’t, even though he had plenty, plenty time to do so.

Off course, DS’s injuries are an issue, but he’s been injured before, it’s the type of player he is, i.e. explosive, fast pace etc. So a Coach may  expect someone like him (with that type of ability) to miss quite a few months of the season because of it. It actually shows that BR has not planned ahead, read between the lines, has he managed the resources available to him appropriately or even adequately to cope with this situation, no he hasn’t.

He is a Coach at the end of the day, but he was hired to Manage which he is clearly not doing.  Pascoe and Marsh et al are there to do the coaching. His job, one amongst many things, is to bring the youth players through, which isn’t happening.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:10 pm

Since Gerrard broke through in 1998 our academy has managed to produce one player that has managed to get into the starting XI and stay there (Sterling).
What makes you think that this particular batch of U21 players is any different than the likes of Connor Coady, Adam Morgan, Suso, Dani Pacheco, Jay Spearing, Stephen Darby, Emiliano Insua, Jordy Brouwer, Christian Nemeth etc etc who were all tipped for big things but fell by the wayside?
Did you watch our U21's play United's U21's on Monday? The game was live on Sky Sports and United played us off the park, players on the fringe of United's squad like McNair and Blackett had the likes of Ojo and Canos in their pocket and our much heralded midfield was dominated by Anderson, yes that Anderson who is United's version of Biscan.
Brendan brought our highly rated fullback Brad Smith on last year against Chelsea and the fans went nuts when the lad had a poor game, you are imploring Brendan to give these lads a chance but when he does the fans rip them to shreds.
If you think our academy is going to produce a plethora of title winning players you are living in la-la land.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:23 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Jan 29th, '15, 13:10 wrote:Since Gerrard broke through in 1998 our academy has managed to produce one player that has managed to get into the starting XI and stay there (Sterling).
What makes you think that this particular batch of U21 players is any different than the likes of Connor Coady, Adam Morgan, Suso, Dani Pacheco, Jay Spearing, Stephen Darby, Emiliano Insua, Jordy Brouwer, Christian Nemeth etc etc who were all tipped for big things but fell by the wayside?
Did you watch our U21's play United's U21's on Monday? The game was live on Sky Sports and United played us off the park, players on the fringe of United's squad like McNair and Blackett had the likes of Ojo and Canos in their pocket and our much heralded midfield was dominated by Anderson, yes that Anderson who is United's version of Biscan.
Brendan brought our highly rated fullback Brad Smith on last year against Chelsea and the fans went nuts when the lad had a poor game, you are imploring Brendan to give these lads a chance but when he does the fans rip them to shreds.
If you think our academy is going to produce a plethora of title winning players you are living in la-la land.

For goodness sakes Yakka, I never (not once) said the Academy was going to produce a load of title winning youths. Yyou said it yourself, U21 is different from EPL games, off course it is, who is saying otherwise,  but they still deserve a chance. How is one to know how they will fair, if one does not give them the opportunity to step up?

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:44 pm

Kash_Mountain » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:23 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Jan 29th, '15, 13:10 wrote:Since Gerrard broke through in 1998 our academy has managed to produce one player that has managed to get into the starting XI and stay there (Sterling).

For goodness sakes Yakka, I never (not once) said the Academy was going to produce a load of title winning youths. Yyou said it yourself, U21 is different from EPL games, off course it is, who is saying otherwise,  but they still deserve a chance. How is one to know how they will fair, if one does not give them the opportunity to step up?

If they want an opportunity they have got to earn it first, if they can't cope with the likes of Nick Powell, Paddy McNair and Anderson what chance have they got against the likes of Hazard, DiMaria, Fabregas, Alexi Sanchez, Aguero, Yaya Toure etc?
A lot of these lads are overhyped and we've been overhyping the lads coming through our ranks for over a decade.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Danish Red » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:57 pm

Ok let's cut through the rubbish

Kash/Eds etc - it appears you suggest the manager isn't the person to progress us - despite the fact he has already progressed us from mid table to top 4

It appears also you have already decided this season we won't be reaching top 4 - despite us clearly showing form to move us into the top 4 over the rest of the season and history showing us to be better in the second half of the season

So if we reached top 4 do you still want the manager gone ?

And the question that is avoided - Who do you want to see as manager ?
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion