LAZAR MARKOVIC- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby only me » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:58 am

RedAnt » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:16 pm wrote:Hard worker, this lad.

Not another one....We have our share of hard workers ,in fact hard work is the minimum requirement for playing in a red shirt (unless your are Glen and Mario) ,he needs to deliver quality ,assists and goals.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Danish Red » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:57 am

He needs to be allowed the time to develop

Shown plenty of ability during his short spell so far

Young lad with bags of talent and a bright future ahead
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby LFC1990 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:03 am

Markovic didnt have his best game last night but has been one of the best performers on most of the games previous in the last month or so

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:35 pm

He is coming along nicely. Ultimately don't see him a wide player but more central where he has the whole pitch ahead of time. Just needs to fill out a bit more and fully acclimatise to the league which i am confident he will do. Wait until next season to judge him properly but definitely signs he is on the right path
Doeboy

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:43 pm

Lazar Markovic v Spurs 

Pass accuracy, 92%
Goals 1
Assists 1
Shooting Accuracy 50%
Duels won 4
Dribbles 2

Playing as a WB is a thankless task and as Yakka has stated  the most demanding position on the pitch .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:12 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:43 pm wrote:Lazar Markovic v Spurs 

Pass accuracy, 92%
Goals 1
Assists 1
Shooting Accuracy 50%
Duels won 4
Dribbles 2

Playing as a WB is a thankless task and as Yakka has stated  the most demanding position on the pitch .

i like markovic and think many of his contributions go unheralded, but he wasn't playing wingback on tuesday night.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:43 pm

I think he's a bit limited and hence him being picked at WB rather than AM more often than not. He has a bit of pace which makes him look better than he is at times but his final ball is a bit disappointing and he lacks that bit of composure needed in the final third. I'd have Ibe starting in the WB slot ahead of him every day of the week and we have 3 or 4 better options in the attacking positions imo.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:03 pm

I think some are being a little unkind to Lazar due to his price tag.  He's only 20 and has plenty about him to push on and become a star. He just needs to toughen up and build a bit more bulk. It's all there, he just needs to adapt to the rough and tumble of the PL.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:34 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:43 am wrote:Lazar Markovic v Spurs 

Pass accuracy, 92%
Goals 1
Assists 1
Shooting Accuracy 50%
Duels won 4
Dribbles 2

Where'd those stats come from? He definitely didn't get an assist... He scored, Gerrard scored a pen won by Sturridge, and Balo scored assisted by Lallana.

Impressive passing stats if true. Although I have my doubts considered whoever put those stats together created a 4th goal he assisted that nobody was aware about.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby andy_g » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:48 pm

ethanr » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:34 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:43 am wrote:Lazar Markovic v Spurs 

Pass accuracy, 92%
Goals 1
Assists 1
Shooting Accuracy 50%
Duels won 4
Dribbles 2

Where'd those stats come from? He definitely didn't get an assist... He scored, Gerrard scored a pen won by Sturridge, and Balo scored assisted by Lallana.

Impressive passing stats if true. Although I have my doubts considered whoever put those stats together created a 4th goal he assisted that nobody was aware about.

i agree. it also says he won 4 duels, but i don't remember the match being stopped at any time for pistols or swords.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:55 pm

aCe' » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:43 pm wrote:I think he's a bit limited and hence him being picked at WB rather than AM more often than not. He has a bit of pace which makes him look better than he is at times but his final ball is a bit disappointing and he lacks that bit of composure needed in the final third. I'd have Ibe starting in the WB slot ahead of him every day of the week and we have 3 or 4 better options in the attacking positions imo.

Agree with this, Ibe is a much better player IMO Markovic has pace and work rate and thats it, dosnt have much quality on the ball at all, i was expecting him to be  a lot more skillfull but hes much more of a kick and run player. Added to that he dosnt have the goal scoring ability of Lallana or Sterling so i cant really see where he will fit in other than as squad rotation as we have better players than in him in every position he plays in.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:20 am

Yeah agree, we should give this kid another season before we completely judge him.

He is deceptively quick and has a lot energy and enthusiasm when it comes to closing down players, in fact if you look at this he would probably be the quickest at the club on par with Sterling. I think that is half the reason why we purchased him, as it would have been an underlying trait that Rodgers would have been looking for in continuing to play his high intensity, forward pressure game from last season. Having scored 3 goals so far from a limited amount of games is also promising.

That being said he has made a very slow start this season and was awful in his first few games. He has dramatically improved but still nowhere near the standard of player that 20m should buy you. As some posters have pointed out he needs to spend some more time on building his core strength and bulk up a bit further. He also a lot of key flaws at the moment that I don't really like.

He is not a dribbler but depends more on his speed and agility to get past players, that's fine in the lower leagues but once you get to the top leagues you will be found out fairly easily. This isn't something you can "train", it's something which is meant to develop at a very early age so I'm a bit worried that he has missed the boat on that. In addition although his general passing is pretty accurate his crossing ability and passing into the forward 3rd are a bit limited.

I honestly think he is the perfect impact player to come on in the last 20 minutes or so and make dangerous runs against tiring defenders. I think he can improve his crossing and final ball into the box but time will tell if he does.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby only me » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:03 am

We  didn't spend 20m on a player to come as an "impact" sub that's pathetic. The only "excuse" i can find for him at the moment is his age ,although come on their are loads of 18-19-20 years old which are already showing more then just glimpse of talent. His mental toughenss was totally missing in the beginning in the year where he mostly hid from the ball and now when he does have the ball he has been pretty poor on his final decision ,either losing it ,afraid to kick or just hitting a wall. He didn't look as a good finisher in his prior club but i guess we still need to let him settle down some more before the final verdict. I admit i'm starting to lose patience with the lad and i agree with a previous post that it was a mistake going for him considering we have Ibe on the team.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:31 pm

only me » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:03 am wrote:We  didn't spend 20m on a player to come as an "impact" sub that's pathetic.

No we didn't but at this moment in time he isn't good enough to be in our starting XI, so rather then destroying his confidence completely by not playing him the best thing to do is to bring him on later on in the game and see what he can do.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby only me » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:19 pm

eds » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:31 am wrote:
only me » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:03 am wrote:We  didn't spend 20m on a player to come as an "impact" sub that's pathetic.

No we didn't but at this moment in time he isn't good enough to be in our starting XI, so rather then destroying his confidence completely by not playing him the best thing to do is to bring him on later on in the game and see what he can do.

Fair enough
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion