Mario Balotelli

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:57 pm

I thought he conjured up one or two flashes of brilliance but as others have said he doesn't really quite do enough to justify a place in the team.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:04 am

Yakka

He also put a great chance in row z !!!!

He also played a suicidal ball to Lucas which lead to Lucas giving away a free kick and Chelsea scoring !!

He also failed to do a half decent defensive job on Ivanovic when he scored !!

Apart from that I thought he was great that's if you like a striker that couldn't score in the proverbial brothel !!

Sorry to be so negative lads but he annoys the fkg life out of me  :(
Last edited by devaney on Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:06 am

Money ball gone wrong and a club signing not the managers pick.

If we had followed Rodgers advice then Bony plays and we beat Chelsea home and away and Bolton at home.

I would be fecking fuming if I was Rodgers put it that way, tightass owners and their ballsack frat boy strategy
that means nothing in the Premiership.

Turn the heat on them c*nts not the players or manager.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:09 am

parchpea » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:06 am wrote:Money ball gone wrong and a club signing not the managers pick.

If we had followed Rodgers advice then Bony plays and we beat Chelsea home and away and Bolton at home.

I would be fecking fuming if I was Rodgers put it that way, tightass owners and their ballsack frat boy strategy
that means nothing in the Premiership.

Turn the heat on them c*nts not the players or manager.

Bony would have been totally useless in all those games mate  :nod  He is at the african nations  :D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Danish Red » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:53 am

Balotelli showed tonight why he won't work with us - so static and wasteful

Nothing to do with Moneyball or tight owners more to do with availability and players wanting to come to the club
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby only me » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:57 am

Danish Red » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:53 am wrote:Balotelli showed tonight why he won't work with us - so static and wasteful

Nothing to do with Moneyball or tight owners more to do with availability and players wanting to come to the club

And this was known BEFORE we signed him...BR and Scouting committee took a gamble over our season and guess what they are failing.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Danish Red » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:55 am

Our season is still in full flow - plenty left to play for

As per norm when you sign a lot of players not all work out
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby LFC1990 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:05 am

Danish Red » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:53 am wrote:Balotelli showed tonight why he won't work with us - so static and wasteful

16million he cost. I could write you a list of players costing less who would want to come and be an improvement

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:07 am

Danish Red » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:55 am wrote:Our season is still in full flow - plenty left to play for

As per norm when you sign a lot of players not all work out

DR ,of course not all works out ,but this lad as been under performing all over Europe for years now ,it was hardly a surprise he is failing here...Well apart from BR which never seen him before apparently.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Danish Red » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:13 am

I'm sure we can all think of players we would prefer but it's not that easy getting them to the club
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby LFC1990 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:21 am

Sorry but not easy getting who to the club

Charlie Austin, Danny Ings, Saido Berahino, Pappis Cisse,Andreas Weiman

They all play at smaller clubs and would jump at the chance to join Liverpool and their clubs would jump at taking 16m for any of them. I would be confident in every single one of them returning more goals then Balotelli will.

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Danish Red » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:33 am

Both Austin and Ings hasn't played one game in the prem - naming them "after" they have a good start isnt really scouting

Cisse has shown to be a bit of a one season wonder who spends most of the time injured

Berehino is going to cost more than £16mil and again has a long way to go yet

And Weiman ?! Seriously ?

Like I said it's easy to name loads of players - we can all do that
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby only me » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:34 am

Danish Red » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:13 am wrote:I'm sure we can all think of players we would prefer but it's not that easy getting them to the club

DR ,i'm not getting into the difficulties of getting players into the club although i'm pretty sure their are plenty out their...I'm talking of making a conscious decision (assuming BR and his crew were sober) bringing a problematic player to the team ,a player which failed many times before as your ONLY striker. This decision alone warrants some serious discussion on BR abilities in signing players.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Danish Red » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:39 am

Balotelli is a massively talented player in a team set up for him - he has scored goals in the prem and has also scored goals on the international stage

Whilst I don't think he is going to work out there is still a chance he could form a partnership with Sturridge

Oh and he wasn't the only striker to arrive at the club this summer
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby only me » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:12 am

Danish Red » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:39 am wrote:Balotelli is a massively talented player in a team set up for him - he has scored goals in the prem and has also scored goals on the international stage

Whilst I don't think he is going to work out there is still a chance he could form a partnership with Sturridge

Oh and he wasn't the only striker to arrive at the club this summer

With Raw Talent you can't buy anything in the Supermarket ,you need to have the mental readiness ,the character ,the intelligence ,the will to play within a team...Mario is another punk which can kick the ball and that's it.
And yes he was the only striker signed to play as a starter ,we have Ricky as a designated sub and Borini which we can't get rid off but bottom line Mario was BR Marquee signing as a starter ,that was a HUGE mistake.
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion