Chelsea V Liverpool - Semi Final 2nd leg - tue 27th Jan 7.45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby C-R » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:21 pm

We were the better team over 2 legs, if we had a proper striker there is no doubt in my mind we would be in the final

That said....

I am very proud of our team, looking better all the time, just hope we have some left in the tank for a hard game against west ham on saturday
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:24 pm

damjan193 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:19 pm wrote:Fought well, can't blame anyone for the effort, but should have scored at least one.

Henderson won't sleep for days following his horrendous miss...it's about time he gets a rest on the bench....Daniel and LAllana should play instead of Hendo and Gerrard time for a real change.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:24 pm

Was always going to be a difficult game. Just thought we never really built up a head of steam. Looked dangerous in periods but never really consistently put them under sustained pressure. A draw on the night was probably a fairer result but sloppy moment at a set piece lost us the game. Again, always a tough game game at their place but just felt we could have gone for it more in the later stages of the game. Unless Lallana is carrying a knock and not 100%, can't understand why he didn't come on. He makes things happen and certainly needed him out there. Tie really fizzled out for us in the end
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:27 pm

only me » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:24 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:19 pm wrote:Fought well, can't blame anyone for the effort, but should have scored at least one.

Henderson won't sleep for days following his horrendous miss...it's about time he gets a rest on the bench....Daniel and LAllana should play instead of Hendo and Gerrard time for a real change.

Hendo had a good game, they all did, you don't run Chelsea that close at Stamford bridge without playing well
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:34 pm

Wouldn't really criticise anyone after that, no one really let us down. Just felt we needed to take it a notch up in an attacking sense but it never came. Felt as though we were more worried about conceding another one. But listen, Chelsea have top quality all over the field but there genuinely wasn't much between the sides playing on their patch.
Doeboy

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:34 pm

Thought we gave it a good go and fought till the very end. Some of our lads were absolutely out on their feet in the early stages of extra time.
Over the two legs we gave a good account of ourselves and had we of having something proper up front it would have been a different result.
Just have to book our wembley place via the FA cup now.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:34 pm

You don't really build a head of steam against Chelsea, Doeboy. It's those half chances that you need to materialize and we had a whole bunch of them (Sterling not passing to Gerrard, Moreno save, Coutinho save, Hendo's miss just to name a few). That was the difference today, the poor finishing by us. Other than that I can't really fault the team for anything.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:43 pm

Same old problems as always but no sign they will be addressed with any conviction by the owners.

Tried to replace Suarez with two moneyball signings totalling £20m then lost Sturridge, good luck with that.

Proper nailed on forwards in that team and we best Chelsea all ends up home and away, and no replay at Bolton.

That's us in a nutshell this season so no point picking at bones for answers.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:43 pm

damjan193 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:34 pm wrote:You don't really build a head of steam against Chelsea, Doeboy. It's those half chances that you need to materialize and we had a whole bunch of them (Sterling not passing to Gerrard, Moreno save, Coutinho save, Hendo's miss just to name a few). That was the difference today, the poor finishing by us. Other than that I can't really fault the team for anything.

You can do. Chelsea in the back of their minds knew a 0-0 would see them through so maybe caught in two minds. Also after their result on the weekend, there was bit of pressure and expectancy around.

As the game went on, think we could have taken it a notch up in an attacking sense. I really don't know why Lallana wasn't brought on. He gets into pockets of space, runs with the ball and makes things happen so was unusual not to see him. Terry and Zouma must have been hi fiving each other when they saw Balotelli coming on because the guy simply doesn't move enough and actually forces the intensity out of our game. If you are chasing a game, Balotelli is not the player to bring on imo
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:10 am

Doeboy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:43 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:34 pm wrote:You don't really build a head of steam against Chelsea, Doeboy. It's those half chances that you need to materialize and we had a whole bunch of them (Sterling not passing to Gerrard, Moreno save, Coutinho save, Hendo's miss just to name a few). That was the difference today, the poor finishing by us. Other than that I can't really fault the team for anything.

You can do. Chelsea in the back of their minds knew a 0-0 would see them through so maybe caught in two minds. Also after their result on the weekend, there was bit of pressure and expectancy around.

As the game went on, think we could have taken it a notch up in an attacking sense. I really don't know why Lallana wasn't brought on. He gets into pockets of space, runs with the ball and makes things happen so was unusual not to see him. Terry and Zouma must have been hi fiving each other when they saw Balotelli coming on because the guy simply doesn't move enough and actually forces the intensity out of our game. If you are chasing a game, Balotelli is not the player to bring on imo

It feels churlish criticising the manager after a fine performance like that but his subs were awful, for a start Markovic should have stayed on, he wasn't doing much going forward but his workrate was phenominal and he was helping contain Chelsea. Moreno shouldnt have been subbed either.
Leaving Gerrard on for so long was another puzzler, as he tired he just dropped deeper and deeper and in the end Chelsea players were just breezing past him like he wasn't there which was putting pressure on other players to cover him when they were out on their feet themselves.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:35 am

Sigh...very disappointed... can't fault much other than why Lallana wasn't playing and Balotelli was. We played our hearts out but this team looks like you can't squeeze anymore juice out from a stone...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:53 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:27 pm wrote:
only me » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:24 pm wrote:

Hendo had a good game, they all did, you don't run Chelsea that close at Stamford bridge without playing well

Basically i agree almost all had a good game ,all worked their a$$ off ,we created our chances and playing Chelsea at London is always a massive challenge.
But.....Bottom line ,football isn't just about effort it's about execution ,and we have so many players that are missing in that department it aches ,Sterling is horrible ,Coutinho does everything but scores ,Hendo is hard to watch ,Moreno and it goes on and on...I think the only player with a good sense for scoring was the one that didn't play today ,Lallana...BR again dropped the ball and it's games like this which shows his evident weakness and failures , no sense for the game ,no understanding when to sub and whome to sub ,just chewing more gum and looking good in a scurf ,Yes i know it's a bit harsh we were playing Chelsea after all but we really needed a manager at his top of his game and not someone who is reacting slowly and wrongfully.

This game hurts because it was their for the taking ,on both legs ,but the current squad ,lack of a striker ,wrong subs ,they just finished us off. Very frustrating.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Danish Red » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:59 am

Sterling is "horrible" ?!

He is a young lad still developing his game.

Some of the stuff said about our players on here is laughable
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby LFC1990 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:02 am

Look over the two legs we should have won it. BR and the fans have no confidence in any of our current fit strikers so much so that Raheem leads the line when his finishing isnt great.

Having Sturridge,Suarez,Torres even strikers like Crouch,Baros and Cisse would have put us through last night and its been the story all season

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:05 am

Danish Red » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:59 am wrote:Sterling is "horrible" ?!

He is a young lad still developing his game.

Some of the stuff said about our players on here is laughable

Horrible in finishing and decision making yes. Very Talented no doubt ,at this stage he lacks in the execution department (which is the only thing that counts).
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games