EMRE CAN - official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby C-R » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:04 pm

woof woof ! » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:02 pm wrote:
stmichael » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:10 pm wrote:What a talent this kid is. Can play virtually anywhere and only 21.

The lad is a natural CM/DM . I love to see a midfield pairing of him and Henderson. Think they'd be immense !

This !!  :nod
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:36 pm

You know, some of you guys can really go over the top sometimes. Yes, actually, it WAS a genius move by Brendan to put Can in the back three (ok maybe not genius but a good move). Implementing the 3-4-2-1 formation and putting Can and Sakho in that back 3 instead of Lovren and Johnson basically turned our season around! Yes, we all know that Can is a CM/DM, we can all see that, and yes, playing in his natural position would be better for him but it won't be better for THE TEAM. The midfield is good enough as it is at the moment with Lucas and Hendo and Can is doing an excellent job at the back (mind you, Brendan isn't the first manager to put a midfielder in a back three) so why change it? And who would you rather have back there if we move him to midfield? Surely not Lovren?

Look, Brendan is not blameless for the Sh*t that we're in, in fact, he should be probably be blamed the most, but I'm sick of hearing people criticizing him for everything, even for things that he deserves to be given credit for! The Can situation is one of them, playing this guy in the back three considering his strength, calmness and most of all his ability on the ball and capability of bring it out of defense has been a major reason why our defense looks so much better now and a major reason to why our form has changed for the better. I don't think that most of you realize that we NEED Can to play in the back.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:47 pm

cardiff-red » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:04 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:02 pm wrote:
stmichael » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:10 pm wrote:What a talent this kid is. Can play virtually anywhere and only 21.

The lad is a natural CM/DM . I love to see a midfield pairing of him and Henderson. Think they'd be immense !

This !!  :nod

The old adage 'if it's not broke don't try to fix it' springs to mind!
For the first time in god knows how many years we finally have a defence worthy of its name and yet some fans want to break it up already?
We shipped 50 goals last year and until Brendan stumbled across this back 3 we were well on the way to equalling that total this season, I say leave things well alone!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:01 pm

@ Yakka

I agree with leaving it alone for the time being mate, am thinking long term regarding partnership with Hendo, agree on the principal of if it aint broke no need to fix it  :nod
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:16 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:47 pm wrote:The old adage 'if it's not broke don't try to fix it' springs to mind!

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

Yeah, by that reasoning, if you CAN catch a bus that gets you down to the shops why the f*ck would you look exchange it for a car !    :p

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:33 pm

damjan193 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:36 pm wrote: I don't think that most of you realize that we NEED Can to play in the back.

:no

Many of us are actually wondering how we managed to spend 18 million on a centre back who now apparently can't get a game and how a winner of the Copa America young player of the tournament award has never been given a sniff at cementing a place with us.

Never mind , lets just play a budding CM/DM in a back three.    :veryangry

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby damjan193 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:53 pm

woof woof ! » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:33 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:36 pm wrote: I don't think that most of you realize that we NEED Can to play in the back.

:no

Many of us are actually wondering how we managed to spend 18 million on a centre back who now apparently can't get a game and how a winner of the Copa America young player of the tournament award has never been given a sniff at cementing a place with us.

Never mind , lets just play a budding CM/DM in a back three.    :veryangry

Woof, you're disregarding the rest of my post. Brendan SHOULD be blamed for most of the things you mentioned that happened in previous months, but let's concentrate on the Now, where we live. In the Now, Lovren is Sh*t, Coates is on loan and injured (and has been injured for a good part of his career with us) and Can is doing a great job at the back for us while the midfield looks to be handling itself well and doesn't need Can (as yakka said, let's not fix something that isn't broken). In the Now, Brendan is finally looking like he might be able to fix things, despite his major f*ck ups, and although he should be blamed for his f*ck ups, lets not blame him for the things that he's actually doing right.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby the return of HAS » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:08 am

Looked overweight in pre-season and even spent quite a bit of time with his hands on his knees puffing his cheeks out when he started playing at centre back but has improved. Has all the talent to play CM but still think he’ll needs to lose a bit of weight if that’s where he sees himself in the future.
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:48 pm

What a f*cking player lads. Looks like an absolute steal. Still early but could be the next big thing if he keeps going like this.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:03 pm

damjan193 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:48 pm wrote:What a f*cking player lads. Looks like an absolute steal. Still early but could be the next big thing if he keeps going like this.

Problem is that he plays a CB...What we on the board have been saying for weeks now BR ignores...Should play instead of Hendo or Gerrard.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:20 am

only me » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:03 am wrote:
damjan193 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:48 pm wrote:What a f*cking player lads. Looks like an absolute steal. Still early but could be the next big thing if he keeps going like this.

Problem is that he plays a CB...What we on the board have been saying for weeks now BR ignores...Should play instead of Hendo or Gerrard.

I think a lot of you don't realize that the defense needs Can. Can would be better off at CM but we as a team are better off with him as CB (for the time being of course).

Anyway, regardless of where he plays I think he'll develop just fine. Reminds me a lot of Yaya Toure.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:54 am

Question: Is this lad the replacement for Johnson, Carra or Stevie. That's how talented he is, a real nugget, now what's the best way forward as whilst we have some element of cover for RB and CB the Stevie role is still wide open. Where do we see him in 18 months? 

What a great problem to have.  :ghostface:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:12 am

damjan193 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:20 pm wrote:
only me » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:03 am wrote:

I think a lot of you don't realize that the defense needs Can. Can would be better off at CM but we as a team are better off with him as CB (for the time being of course).

Anyway, regardless of where he plays I think he'll develop just fine. Reminds me a lot of Yaya Toure.

The Defense currently needs Can because Lovern isn't living to his expectation but what we saw last night and in other occasions is his natural position ,in a CM role where he can drive forward ,pass and kick ,his future doesn't lies in the right side of our CB trio he is doing it good but not great ,he can do other things much better and help the team even more. I can't see why Gerrard or Hendo are any better then him in a CM role and this is where he should play.

We should try giving Lovern another shot in the Central CB position ,move Skertel to the right ,Shako Left and move Can forward ,playing near Lucas with Coutinho ,Lallana ,Sterling ,Marco/Moreno/Hendo/Gerrard in the Middle and Sturridge upfront ,that's our optimal starting lineup in my opinion
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:31 am

The defence looks alot more steady and calm with him in there I dont know why we would try and change something tha has served us well so far

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:46 am

Reg » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:54 am wrote:Question: Is this lad the replacement for Johnson, Carra or Stevie. That's how talented he is, a real nugget, now what's the best way forward as whilst we have some element of cover for RB and CB the Stevie role is still wide open. Where do we see him in 18 months? 

What a great problem to have.  :ghostface:

Excellent post this  :nod
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion