Chelsea V Liverpool - Semi Final 2nd leg - tue 27th Jan 7.45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby C-R » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:30 pm

Bottom line, we have to score a goal to knock out there away goal (away goals do not come into play until after extra time in this competition)

We could win this, but we must be at our very best, same team that started the game last week, get Balo back on the bench

Let's give it everything, press press press
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:13 pm

Rodgers: Sturridge - “We’ll see how he is for Tuesday, if not, definitely for West Ham."
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:12 pm

Wondering if the chav's had half an eye on our match after getting battered by Bradford, mind you Bradford played really well and scored 4 really good goals
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:12 pm

The good thing is even if Chelsea score it doesn't really alter our position, we need to score a goal anyway so 1 goal for them doesn't change the situation much.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:14 am

C'mon lads. Do it.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:19 am

cardiff-red » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:12 pm wrote:Wondering if the chav's had half an eye on our match after getting battered by Bradford, mind you Bradford played really well and scored 4 really good goals

Didn't Chelsea make something like nine changes from the team that played us ?

They'll field a full strength team on Tuesday and I think tactically we'll see a more aggressive side than we did in the first leg, that could work in our favour but however well we play I fear our continuing inability to finish the many chances we create may be our downfall   :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Homebooby » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:56 am

Agreed woof…..well excited and well nervous for tonight
Homebooby

Postby only me » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:01 pm

woof woof ! » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:19 am wrote:
cardiff-red » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:12 pm wrote:Wondering if the chav's had half an eye on our match after getting battered by Bradford, mind you Bradford played really well and scored 4 really good goals

Didn't Chelsea make something like nine changes from the team that played us ?

They'll field a full strength team on Tuesday and I think tactically we'll see a more aggressive side than we did in the first leg, that could work in our favour but however well we play I fear our continuing inability to finish the many chances we create may be our downfall   :(

We need to start strong ,they will be shaken from their beating and would be less confident ,this is when we can strike.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:27 pm

We need an early goal as I agree with previous comments that their confidence will have been knocked.

That's Spurs and Bradford in a few weeks that have put them to the sword so they are capable of capitulating.

I have no doubt we will create enough to win the game but for us its finishing it off that's a big problem.

Be fantastic if we could get to Wembley so fingers crossed.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:31 pm

come on the pool  :buttrock

We have to win this so Id expect us to go at them from the off rather than rely on an absorb and counter approach. We need more than one goal so its vital we score early to lift that pressure.
If we can replicate the performance from the first leg we have every chance of going through inside 90 minutes.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:25 pm

By all reports its the same side that played in the previous leg.
Happy enough with that and hopefully sturridge makes the bench.
Michael Oliver is the Ref.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:34 pm

Sorry, but this make me heave  :censored:

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:02 pm

Plenty of people knock the League cup but once you get to this stage of the competition the excitement surrounding it is pretty much just like any other tournament and tonight's game definitely has that 'big match' feel about it.
As for the game itself I think we may have to absorb quite a lot of pressure, Chelsea will have been stung by what happened at the weekend and you could see in Mourinho's face that he wasn't happy, their players will have been told in no uncertain terms that a no show tonight will be completely unacceptable so I think we've got to prepare mentally to face a fired up Chelsea.
I don't want to be 2-0 down inside the first quarter of an hour and hear our players after the game say that Chelsea caught them cold, we know what's coming, so let's be ready to meet fire with fire.
In a way that Bradford result did us a favour, we know what Chelsea we will have to face, it won't be the cagey version tonight, their fans wouldn't stand for it after Saturday.
If we can get through that first 20 minutes without conceding I think we'll do it.
Come on Liverpool!!!!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:25 pm

Its made for Gerrard to win the game for us in the 94th minute with a trademark strike.

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:31 pm

OFFICIAL squad for tonight

Liverpool XI: Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Sakho, Moreno, Markovic, Lucas, Henderson, Gerrard, Coutinho, Sterling.

Substitutes: Ward, Johnson, Lovren, Lambert, Lallana, Allen, Balotelli.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games