Liverpool V Wimbledon - Monday 5th January 7.55pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:51 pm

United basically had their first team out against Yeovil and scraped through themselves, these games are tricky, the pitches are big levellers and games against the likes of Liverpool and United are like CL finals to lower league players.
We've had better teams than this who have struggled away in the cup against lower league opposition. We were in the hat for the next round, that was the main thing.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:26 pm

I think the pitch and the fact the official's favoured balancing the odds by letting a great deal go in terms of Wimbledon's aggressive play was a complete leveller.
I mean the tackle on Manquillo may have been seen as clumsy on the defenders part ,but his awkwardness doesn't   disguise how horrendous it was ,or how career
threatening ,it made me wince just looking at the replays  :ghostface:

That first tackle just set the tone of the game ,and the referee just kept turning a blind eye to some disgraceful challenges ,once again I thought Sakho was brilliant
in our defence ,and Gerrard simply rolled back the years ,its just a pity his only foil was Lambert . It seems only Rodgers wants to see Lambert play ??? I mean It comes
to something when you pity the players tasked with supplying this lump more than you pity Akinfenwa's kit man ....f*ck me that guy can sweat ,I know why Gerrard
threw his shirt to the crowd  :D

Sensational free kick from Gerrard ,unbelievable when you think of the distance it was from goal ,a moment of real beauty ...Once again Rodgers baffled me with his
subs especially the Enrique one ,and moving Markovic to the other flank ,why didn't he just bring Moreno on in a straight swap for Markovic  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:05 pm

Don't know what some of you were expecting, the cup games are always like this. Playing against us for these was probably the highlight of their career, they wanted to make it count. They were all over us, pushing us and pulling us and weren't afraid to throw in a few career enders at our players either. Even our stronger lads like Manquillo and Can were afraid of them, and no wonder, I would have been as well, against an opposition that's playing everything BUT football. I'm just glad that we went through that without anyone getting injured to be honest.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games