Liverpool V Arsenal - Sunday 21st December - KO 4.05pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:20 pm

we at least deserved a point for that performance seen as we squandered so many chances. We are as bad at the other end defensively with the 1st being as calamitous as the 2nd.
Seen skrtel getting panned earlier for debuchy out jumping him and martin shouldn't have let that happen but that ball should have and would have been cleared if sakho didn't clatter into toure on the initial cross.
The second was a silly hollywood ball for henderson who was to far up the pitch and was never in a position to get back. We bring this all on ourselves and its needs to stop.
As for that emotional muppet of a clown borini  :help  get him the fook out of the club pronto. what a stupid show of petulance to get the first yellow and then deserved to go for that high foot into cazorla. He ran off down the tunnel in tears the big fecking baby.

Coutinho motm and looking like his dangerous self again. he was everywhere and delighted he got on the score sheet. lallana had a good game also but needs to stop turning back on himself so much. sterling again anonymous for large parts of it. Credit to markovic also who had another good game but not sure he can deal with so much defensive responsibility. would like to see him more forward.

much better performance from us though. Probably the best of the season but i have to say against a poor arsenal side.
hopefully we can bring that tempo and desire into the next game and leave the errors out.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:22 pm

Without doubt the best football we have played this season ,our midfield was superb and you add a clever striker with pace to that equation and we're back to
the football we played last season . I think Markovic is starting to play some beautiful football ,and his passing is so inventive ,succinct and precise he's starting
to make the £20 million we paid for him look an absolute bargain ....I firmly believe Liverpool have got a real player on their hands ,the same sentiments apply
to Lallana whose first touch is at times sublime,Lucas again dominated the Arsenal midfield and quelled most of their limited threat ,and Henderson looked
far more pumped up for this outing .... I have to say at this point in time I don't see the need for the inclusion of Gerrard as most of our play is high intensity
pressing football based on retaining the lions share of possession ,this football starved Arsenal of any time on the ball ,and yet Gerrard left us open to the counter
by hitting some needless and aimless long balls surrendering the possession way too easily which we had been superbly denying Arsenal with crisp short passing  ???
For me personally Can would have provided far more bite and energy.

As for Jones well he obviously  spends more time at the hairdressers than he does learning when to dive and when to leap ,as thats the only viable reason for Rodgers
inflicting his presence on a back three that once beaten we may as well be without a keeper ??? I think the dropping and the timing of his ousting of Mignolet has
already harmed our season immeasurably.

Although with Coutinho ,Lallana ,and Lazar we played some mouthwatering football ,that should have seen us destroy this Arsenal team ,Oh and in the first half
I thought Sakho passed the ball with real intelligence and was our stand out defender ,needs to start every game now!

Last word on the atmosphere which was brilliant and much more in keeping with our traditions ,and nice to hear' Poor Scouser Tommy' given an airing   :buttrock
All in all an excellent performance from a team shorn of strikers ,and lots of promise from the new lads to keep the faith.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:31 pm

Quick observations as I haven't seen the game just the highlights ,on both our goals I couldnt ignore how rackless and poor was Gerrard really a pathetic foul on the first and no tracking back on the second...Jones? Not a EPL keeper never, can't stand just falls no way Simone should be benched for this lad ,another terrible call by BR. Heard we played well waiting to watch the tape.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:13 pm

Sterling gets the plaudits but Couthino is one hell of a player and getting better, possibly our best player now.

If Lallana is worth £25m at age 26 then Couthino is worth £35m surely.

We just cannot defend for toffee and Im at a point where I don't think its players but the preparation and coaching
in that area, weve spent a lot of money on highly rated defenders and they cannot all be bad.

Going forward we are always lively but have no finish and I can see Torres coming back soon.

No way FSG will turn down a player we sold for £50m not long back for free.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby tonyeh » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:14 pm

Can't say I'm too disappointed with the result, given the state of the team this year. But, christ, Liverpool should have won that. Hopefully it's a springboard for better performances in the new year.
tonyeh

Postby Doeboy » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:32 pm

parchpea » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:13 pm wrote:Sterling gets the plaudits but Couthino is one hell of a player and getting better, possibly our best player now.

We just cannot defend for toffee and Im at a point where I don't think its players but the preparation and coaching
in that area, weve spent a lot of money on highly rated defenders and they cannot all be bad.

Going forward we are always lively but have no finish and I can see Torres coming back soon.

I know he's still a young lad but comsistency is the issue with Coutinho. He always has a fantastic performance up his sleeve but has too many games where he is anonymous imo, especially away from home. Again,  he is still young and the hope is he can go on and start producing week in week out both home and away.

Also agree with the defending. You don't always need the best individual defenders to have a good defensive unit, you can always get them well drilled and organised and be a difficult unit to score against. I think BR has bit of a blind spot when it comes to this and seems to have tried to buy himself out of the defensive issues
Doeboy

Postby Boocity » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:38 am

Doeboy » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:32 pm wrote:
parchpea » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:13 pm wrote:Sterling gets the plaudits but Couthino is one hell of a player and getting better, possibly our best player now.

I know he's still a young lad but comsistency is the issue with Coutinho. He always has a fantastic performance up his sleeve but has too many games where he is anonymous imo, especially away from home. Again,  he is still young and the hope is he can go on and start producing week in week out both home and away.

Also agree with the defending. You don't always need the best individual defenders to have a good defensive unit, you can always get them well drilled and organised and be a difficult unit to score against. I think BR has bit of a blind spot when it comes to this and seems to have tried to buy himself out of the defensive issues

He said in his post match interview that it's not down to organisation, it's down to decisions, I take it he means poor decisions made by individual player and I am sorry but can't accept that. All players will make poor decisions but our defensive issues are poor organisation and poor coaching.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:00 am

The defence has been cr@p week in, week out for 2 years now, I really, really struggle to see why this hasn't been addressed on the training ground.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite-Jud » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:41 am

We controlled that game from start to finish, in that respect we are looking a lot better with each game that goes by.

I think the hangover of Suarez going and going so close to the title has taken its toll over the 1st 4 months of the season.

The new players are starting to bed in, Markovic is looking better every week.

Sterling is more effective out wide, as seen yesterday.  The lad can play upfront (because he is "Dynamite") but his best postion is wide for me.

We HAVE got to cut out the stupid mistakes,  United had 4 shots on target and Arsenal 3  and we conceded 5 goals.  It's beyond a joke to be honest.

At least things are finally staring to look up. Onwards and upwards.  :p
Kopite-Jud

Postby algymoon » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:53 am

Postby Kopite-Jud » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:41 am
We controlled that game from start to finish, in that respect we are looking a lot better with each game that goes by.

I think the hangover of Suarez going and going so close to the title has taken its toll over the 1st 4 months of the season.

Sterling is more effective out wide, as seen yesterday.  The lad can play upfront (because he is "Dynamite") but his best postion is wide for me.

We HAVE got to cut out the stupid mistakes,  United had 4 shots on target and Arsenal 3  and we conceded 5 goals.  It's beyond a joke to be honest.

.............................................................................................

I agree with you, but BR has no idea on how to defend!  it is simple he couldn't resolve this problem since last season,
defending it does not exist in his text book, it 100% do conceding goals in every match and the other teams know that
shameful fact!
algymoon

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:14 pm

algymoon » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:53 am wrote:Postby Kopite-Jud » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:41 am

.............................................................................................

I agree with you, but BR has no idea on how to defend!  it is simple he couldn't resolve this problem since last season,
defending it does not exist in his text book, it 100% do conceding goals in every match and the other teams know that
shameful fact!

I don't see how the manager or his system or tactics can be blamed, we weren't outnumbered, outflanked or exposed by a flaw in our set up, for both goals we had plenty of defenders back. It was just a case of poor defending/keeping.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:03 pm

LFC, defensively were awful to say the least. Again, no one doing any kind of marking. No one is taking responsibility, instead, they were all looking to blame each other, and this is happening all too often now. 

I really think it’s about time the Captaincy go to someone else, Maybe Hendo?. SG as Captain doesn’t cut it anymore. He used to be able to organise the players, get the them going or have a go at them if they weren’t putting a shift in. He doesn’t do any of this anymore. Essentially, there is no leader in the team right now!

Arsenal were awful. They were giving the ball away often and cheaply. They hardly put LFC under pressure which actually made it easy for LFC to pass it out from the back.

LFC were alright with rare flashes of the type of game played last season. However, LFC didn’t really create clear cut chances which they should have done against an Arsenal that was awful from the start.

The result may have given the LFC players some hope and confidence for the up and coming games, but if the defending is not up to par, then what’s the point in playing pretty football! It will just lead to a decent attacking team to score and all the hard work goes to waste. Defending must be shored up.  BR, has been offered help in this area, but he has refused the help!

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby maguskwt » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:02 am

Kash_Mountain » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:03 pm wrote:LFC, defensively were awful to say the least. Again, no one doing any kind of marking. No one is taking responsibility, instead, they were all looking to blame each other, and this is happening all too often now. 

I really think it’s about time the Captaincy go to someone else, Maybe Hendo?. SG as Captain doesn’t cut it anymore. He used to be able to organise the players, get the them going or have a go at them if they weren’t putting a shift in. He doesn’t do any of this anymore. Essentially, there is no leader in the team right now!

Arsenal were awful. They were giving the ball away often and cheaply. They hardly put LFC under pressure which actually made it easy for LFC to pass it out from the back.

LFC were alright with rare flashes of the type of game played last season. However, LFC didn’t really create clear cut chances which they should have done against an Arsenal that was awful from the start.

The result may have given the LFC players some hope and confidence for the up and coming games, but if the defending is not up to par, then what’s the point in playing pretty football! It will just lead to a decent attacking team to score and all the hard work goes to waste. Defending must be shored up.  BR, has been offered help in this area, but he has refused the help!

I'm sorry but Stevie was never a vocal leader and an organiser. He led by example with his skill and effort. And even at his peak, he was prone to the occasional tactical mistake or mistimed tackles. Now that his skills have waned due to father time, he just ceases to be a good leader. It's as simple that. The number of times he was seen gesturing at his team mates when conceding a goal as if it was their fault, when actually he was the one suppose to track back is actually quite alarming.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games