LAZAR MARKOVIC- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:41 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:15 pm wrote:
Fowler_E7 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:08 pm wrote:He did ok today and is finally starting to show something, however i have massive doubts if he has the quality to be a really good player, i was expecting a lot more skill when we signed him, hes much more of a kick and run winger, also his lack of end product is alarming add to the he clearly isnt anything special in front of goal either. Im pleased that he as least had a go in the last couple games but ill have to see a lot more before justifying his signing.

Very harsh that, he's got a lot more to his game than just raw pace, some of the balls he threaded through to Coutinho in particular today were almost Alonso-esque as was his pass to Balotelli last week at Old Trafford. He's not just a fancy dan he's prepared to put in a shift defensively too.
Besides he's only 20 and 99% of players are a lot better at 23/24 than they are at 20 so there's a tons more to come from him yet.
In a couple of years time that £20m we spent on him will look like chicken feed

I concur fully Yakka ,in fact that appraisal of Markovic is almost laughable ,the lad has come in and gave us far greater attacking options,and his relevance to the
teams offensive play is practically incontrovertible ! Seriously nonplussed how any one could undermine his importance in complementing a now more direct and
acute attacking style   ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:25 am

I think people are getting carried away because has managed to finally have a couple of decent games, he was abysmal before his recent rum in the side so its not difficult to look better than he had previously. For me when hes on the ball and one on one versus an opponent he often looks lost and has no idea what to do with it and usually ends up just trying run past without even dropping a shoulder half the time which is very disappointing considering i was under the impression that he was very skillful and clever. He does the ability to spot a good pass it seems but again these are too few IMO, often his passing and link up has been sloppy. Positives in his recent performance are that he is willing to put a shift in, his confidence to beat a man has gone up and as mentioned he has picked out some nice creative passes for his team mates, but lets not pretend that hes setting the world alight, hes got a long long way to go, Lallana, Sterling and Couthino are all much better players so i dont see where he would get in the side other than as stand in wing back like he is now.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:24 am

He's looked really good the last couple of games. Everyone can see massive potential with this kid and the crowd are willing him on everytime he gets the ball. The difference he's made to the team is so clear to see.. he's added pace to the side, he's quick to spot a pass which keeps the ball moving quicker and opens space up for quicker attacks.

The introduction of Lallana and Coutinho has also had a massive effect on the team.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:26 am

Fowler_E7 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:25 am wrote:I think people are getting carried away because has managed to finally have a couple of decent games, he was abysmal before his recent rum in the side so its not difficult to look better than he had previously. For me when hes on the ball and one on one versus an opponent he often looks lost and has no idea what to do with it and usually ends up just trying run past without even dropping a shoulder half the time which is very disappointing considering i was under the impression that he was very skillful and clever. He does the ability to spot a good pass it seems but again these are too few IMO, often his passing and link up has been sloppy. Positives in his recent performance are that he is willing to put a shift in, his confidence to beat a man has gone up and as mentioned he has picked out some nice creative passes for his team mates, but lets not pretend that hes setting the world alight, hes got a long long way to go, Lallana, Sterling and Couthino are all much better players so i dont see where he would get in the side other than as stand in wing back like he is now.

Err we signed Lazar Markovic not Diego Maradona. The lad is 20 for goodness sake and we signed him for £20m not £100m, you seem to be expecting him to give an exhibition of football every time he steps out on the pitch.
As others have said he is playing well and contributing (along with the likes of Coutinho, Lallana and Sterling) to impressive team performances.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:41 am

BR needs to keep this quartet of Markovic, Lallana, Coutinho and sterling together and build on it. They can become phenomenal players for us, maybe not individually but as a group. Similar to how the mancs head Beckham, Scholes, giggs, etc. I think BR has seen it too, that's why he is playing this weird 3-4-3 formation. We played both the mancs and arsenal off the park with like first half possessions showing 80-20 percent. The reason we lost against the mancs and drew against arsenal is due to not having a proper striker and the defense. In Sterling, Markovic and Coutinho, I believe we have the brightest young talents in Europe...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:13 pm

Great to read something so positive mate, well done!!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:40 pm

Reg » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:13 am wrote:Great to read something so positive mate, well done!!

Sounds sarcastic... :suspect:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:20 pm

Not at all, don't be so touchy, just fed up of all the negative ranting of the last few weeks.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:58 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:13 am wrote:
red till i die!! » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:03 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:49 pm wrote:. Would like to see him centrally.

The lad is never a central player just like he's no wing back. Proper winger he is and need's to be deployed there for us to get the best out of him.

Disagree mate ,my comparison to the likes of Modric is given belief  by his game intelligence and his incisive use of a football,great footballers can dictate
play from anywhere on the pitch ......But that's for the future mate ,he's more than useful deployed as a wing back......For now  :;):

Not for me RBG. He hasn't shown the touch or control needed to be as effective as either coutinho or lallana in that position. He's a runner who is far more dangerous at pace with those diagonal run's he makes from deep or wide.

One thing we will agree on though is that at last the lad is showing some quality and getting to grips with the league which should bode well for us from here on in.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:14 pm

Would have been great if Markovic was able to hit the ground running but by the same token no one should really be surprised he is taking time to adjust to a new new league, new team and new country all at a relatively young age. Seeing some positive signs now and hopefully he can get a run going in the team and potentially have a decent second half of the season. He may still struggle to make it but time to properly evaluate him will be next season.

Not too worried about him at this stage to be honest and think he will come good. Still would like to see him given a go centrally. Can drive forward with the ball and pick a pass as well. Watched him in the Europa last season, think it was v spurs and he was causing all sorts of problems driving forward with the ball through the middle and picking forward passes. Maybe he is a little lightweight at the moment for the central midfield battles, but would think he will fill out over time
Doeboy

Postby allred79 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:40 am

Still a long way to go but I'm excited about this kid.
I don't know what people expect from a twenty year old in a new country,new league and a new team.
allred79
LFC Basic Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:01 pm

man of the match today and starting to look like a really good player for us.  :nod
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:25 pm

Yeah he has really started to impress, looking forward to seeing Lazar, Coutinho, Sterling, Lallana and Sturridge all in the same team, that has the potential to be something special.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:57 pm

Really beginning to look like a £20m player.

Can is also looking very good.

Lallana is looking very good. Very unlucky with injuries.

Sakho is definitely looking better.

Moreno is getting to grips with the Premiership.

Coutinho's an obvious success and so is Sturridge.

Jordan Ibe £500k and doing it on loan for Derby - could be very good in the future.

Maybe just maybe the transfer committee haven't got it quite as bad as a lot of us thought including me.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:16 pm