ADAM LALLANA Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Boocity » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:31 am

I thought he had a good game last night and didn't deserve to be sacrificed for Allen
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:28 am

Boocity » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:31 am wrote:I thought he had a good game last night and didn't deserve to be sacrificed for Allen

This Sub almost cost us the game. Lallana should be an automatic pick for our starting 11. He plays with confidence and energy and has loads of Talent. Benching him is another Hugh head scratching moment by BR.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:36 am

Agree he should be an automatic start however maybe BR is bringing him back in with care. He also needs to motivate Allen. So compromise decision I know but possibly a case of killing two birds with one stone.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:09 am

Reg » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:36 am wrote:Agree he should be an automatic start however maybe BR is bringing him back in with care. He also needs to motivate Allen. So compromise decision I know but possibly a case of killing two birds with one stone.

To me Allen is a tidy player but is not strong enough and too small to be a central midfielder in a top four side.  He is too easily bullied off the ball despite his industry.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:21 am

only me » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:28 am wrote:
Boocity » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:31 am wrote:I thought he had a good game last night and didn't deserve to be sacrificed for Allen

Lallana should be an automatic pick for our starting 11. He plays with confidence and energy and has loads of Talent.

Agreed  :nod  One of our more confident and talented players . There may have been some fitness issues with him since his arrival (?) but imo he's been chronically under used.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:24 am

He's class, end of.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:04 pm

kazza » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:09 am wrote:
Reg » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:36 am wrote:Agree he should be an automatic start however maybe BR is bringing him back in with care. He also needs to motivate Allen. So compromise decision I know but possibly a case of killing two birds with one stone.

To me Allen is a tidy player but is not strong enough and too small to be a central midfielder in a top four side.  He is too easily bullied off the ball despite his industry.

He isn't the only one thats gets easily forced off the ball and thats a big part of our midfield problems. Coutinho, sterling, hendo to an extent and lallana are all terrible at holding players off and rarely force one of the opposition off the ball.
It is less of a problem if our passing game is working, but if its not we struggle to impose ourselves.

Absolute sweet finish from adam last night though  :nod not an easy thing to do but he caught it in his stride and it was unstoppable. Hopefully its the start of many to come.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:54 pm

red till i die!! » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:04 pm wrote:
kazza » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:09 am wrote:

He isn't the only one thats gets easily forced off the ball and thats a big part of our midfield problems. Coutinho, sterling, hendo to an extent and lallana are all terrible at holding players off and rarely force one of the opposition off the ball.
It is less of a problem if our passing game is working, but if its not we struggle to impose ourselves.

Absolute sweet finish from adam last night though  :nod not an easy thing to do but he caught it in his stride and it was unstoppable. Hopefully its the start of many to come.

Yeah I've noticed that myself mate, it's pretty rare to see one of our players get involved in a tussle and actually come away with the ball. Sterling seems to have developed a habit of grabbing the ball whenever he goes to ground as well which is a bit risky, yes it forces the ref to make a decision but if that decision goes against you it could easily be a yellow card for deliberate handball. What a stupid way to get sent off that would be if he picked up a second yellow for that.
Personally I'd like to see us give Lucas and Can a run out as our two deep lying midfielders, I think they'd give us a bit more steel in there.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:09 pm

Iv'e been criticising sterling over exactly that  :nod everytime he is touched he feels he should be awarded a free kick for it and goes down grabbing the ball. English referee's seem to be a bit lenient towards that though where as i can remember johnson and sterling picking up cards for it on our tour of the states in the summer. Its needs to be eradicated as it will end up costing him at some stage. Think a few of the leicester players wanted him booked for it last night.

I never felt we need to play with 2 holding players as its a bit negative but that seems to be what he wants so I would agree Lucas and Can (hopefully) would add that physical presence to win tackles.
Every single midfield put's it up to us and enjoy spells of domination and it doesn't seem to matter whether that opposition is Real Madrid, Leicester or a side like ludogorets. We need to place more emphasis on tackling to gain control of a match rather than biding time waiting on an errant pass to intercept.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:31 pm

red till i die!! » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:09 pm wrote:Iv'e been criticising sterling over exactly that  :nod everytime he is touched he feels he should be awarded a free kick for it and goes down grabbing the ball. English referee's seem to be a bit lenient towards that though where as i can remember johnson and sterling picking up cards for it on our tour of the states in the summer. Its needs to be eradicated as it will end up costing him at some stage. Think a few of the leicester players wanted him booked for it last night.

I never felt we need to play with 2 holding players as its a bit negative but that seems to be what he wants so I would agree Lucas and Can (hopefully) would add that physical presence to win tackles.
Every single midfield put's it up to us and enjoy spells of domination and it doesn't seem to matter whether that opposition is Real Madrid, Leicester or a side like ludogorets. We need to place more emphasis on tackling to gain control of a match rather than biding time waiting on an errant pass to intercept.

Yep, agree 100% mate.
The inclusion of Lucas has helped us a bit on that score but we've still got a long way to go
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:59 am

From maddock in todays mirror  ???
Adam lallana will play through the pain barrier to drag liverpool out of the slump. The England star Broke two ribs In his match winning performance at leicester a week ago and was only on the bench for the champions league showdown against basle midweek. But he is ready to answer the call as liverpool head top old trafford on sunday.

Two broken ribs my hole  :laugh: Did the lad not play against sunderland after the leicester game ? If he has two broken ribs then he should not be playing as there is no way he can give 100%.

I broke a rib before and It was something like 10 days before i could even get up unaided  :nod In fairness though I didn't have access to the best medical staff in the game  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:42 am

I have done my ribs a few times. I have actually done something to them playing last Saturday. I'm not sure if I have broken any but they are at least bruised.
There is no way I could play this week as it is.
If he has broken any ribs I'd be surprised to see him playing.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:28 pm

Lallana is finally starting to show his Southampton form if his gorgeous drag back and shot had gone in it would have been goal of the season ,a Kop favourite for
sure ,thought he was excellent earlier.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:58 pm

I think this system definately suits him, it allows both him and Coutinho the freedom to operate in that pocket of space between the opposition midfield and defence where it's often hard for teams to pick players up. The fact we have 2 'playmakers' operating in that area really gives DM's a headache.
If Brendan is brave enough to move or drop Hendo when Sturridge comes back and put Raheem out wide we really could have a potent looking attack on our hands.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:06 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:58 pm wrote:I think this system definately suits him, it allows both him and Coutinho the freedom to operate in that pocket of space between the opposition midfield and defence where it's often hard for teams to pick players up. The fact we have 2 'playmakers' operating in that area really gives DM's a headache.
If Brendan is brave enough to move or drop Hendo when Sturridge comes back and put Raheem out wide we really could have a potent looking attack on our hands.

Agreed mate ,if we had an intelligent striker we would have dwarfed Arsenal in terms of the score ,I think his link up play with Markovic and Coutinho is starting to
become a real exciting part of our game ,as all three have superb technical ability. I think Rodgers has it all in his own hands now fella ,he just needs to bury his
ego and put Mignolet back between our sticks ,and tell Gerrard to keep the play simple. I would personally love to see Can integrated into a team that could well evolve
into  quite a formidable attacking unit.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion