now for the winner
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:56 pm

GEt IN YOU *****!
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Bermenstein » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:56 pm

Stick Skrtel up front ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby Soupyzrx » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:57 pm

Scrotalllll!!!!!!!!
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:00 pm

f*ck that, should have won it. Well at least we'll drag these down with us which might prove important long term.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:02 pm

Just glad we did not lose. Make no mistake though, that is a game we should have won

Positives...
We bossed the game
Markovic looked bright again
Showed some character after going 2-1 down and also down to 10 men and keeping at it

Negatives..
Did not create enough chances, esepcially first half. Second half we were better
Poor defensively yet again for both their goals
Arsenal were Sh*t and this is a game we should have won
That numpty Borini
Doeboy

Postby maguskwt » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:04 pm

That was a relieve... At least we seem to be turning it around. Hope BR sticks to this game plan and just try to iron out the defensive mistakes and need to be more effective up front... I think when Sturridge comes back we can do some damage with this blueprint. In the mean time pls explain to our defenders the meaning of man marking... And that includes Gerrard...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:10 pm

maguskwt » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:04 pm wrote:That was a relieve... At least we seem to be turning it around. Hope BR sticks to this game plan and just try to iron out the defensive mistakes and need to be more effective up front... I think when Sturridge comes back we can do some damage with this blueprint. In the mean time pls explain to our defenders the meaning of man marking... And that includes Gerrard...

Be honest, in three years he hadn't sorted it out, what makes you think he will now
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:12 pm

We absolutely dominated them but defensively we conceded 2 poor goals. Under Rodgers I don't think we're ever going to be great defensively.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:14 pm

That was our best performance of the season so far IMO, even more impressive than the away win at Spurs.
Yes we looked vulnerable at the back and yes we squandered a plethora of chances but if we played like that every week we'd be in the top 4, there's a lot of teams in this division that couldn't cope with that brand of football.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:19 pm

cardiff-red » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:12 pm wrote:We absolutely dominated them but defensively we conceded 2 poor goals. Under Rodgers I don't think we're ever going to be great defensively.

Yes just can't see him sorting it out. We concede such soft goals, just completely undermines anything we do going forward. Make no mistake, that should have been 3 points against a poor Arsenal team and they are a direct competitor for a CL place. So relived to get away with a draw in the end but masks that fact we have some major flaws. Arsenal as an attacking force offered fa yet still walked away with 2 goals. We have to start becoming a tough unit to score against but just don't see it happening under Rodgers
Doeboy

Postby Doeboy » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:37 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:14 pm wrote:That was our best performance of the season so far IMO, even more impressive than the away win at Spurs.
Yes we looked vulnerable at the back and yes we squandered a plethora of chances but if we played like that every week we'd be in the top 4, there's a lot of teams in this division that couldn't cope with that brand of football.

To be honest, in the first half we created pretty much nothing apart from the goal, despite bossing the game. Second half we were much better in terms of creating chances.

That wasn't a top four performance in my eyes. Top four team would have dispatched what was a very poor performance from an Arsenal team. Like i've said before, you can be great going forward, but if you can't defend properly and give 2 goals away to a team which hardly offer a threat all game, that is a major problem. If it was a one off, I could understand but we continually shoot ourselves in the foot and if we continue to, it is going to cost us. We were a minute or two from picking up no points from the game today.

Sturridge coming back will make a massive boost and will put away the chances we create, but we will run into problems if we have the same mentality of 'letting the oppo score 2 but we will score 3'.

We are lucky in some respect that our direct rivals for 4th, Arsenal, Spurs Everton etc, have been poor themselves so sure we will be in the hunt right at the end
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:42 pm

Doeboy » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:19 pm wrote:
cardiff-red » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:12 pm wrote:We absolutely dominated them but defensively we conceded 2 poor goals. Under Rodgers I don't think we're ever going to be great defensively.

Yes just can't see him sorting it out. We concede such soft goals, just completely undermines anything we do going forward. Make no mistake, that should have been 3 points against a poor Arsenal team and they are a direct competitor for a CL place. So relived to get away with a draw in the end but masks that fact we have some major flaws. Arsenal as an attacking force offered fa yet still walked away with 2 goals. We have to start becoming a tough unit to score against but just don't see it happening under Rodgers

The first goal has to be the keepers, the ball that Debuchy scored from wasn't pinged in, it was just a speculative header lobbed back to the edge of our 6 yard box. Yes Skrtel didn't cover himself in glory either but he was back peddling and was never going to be able to get any spring into a jump.
Anything around the 6 yard box should be the keepers IMO. Ironically the one area where I think Jones is better than Mingolet is coming out for crosses but he was very flat footed in that instance.
The second goal was just awful marking, we had enough men back (3 against 1) it's just that everyone was marking space and not the man.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:58 pm

The stats from today:

Possession
Liverpool 63.5%% 
Arsenal 36.5%

Total shots
Liverpool - 27
Arsenal - 7

Shots on target
Liverpool - 10
Arsenal - 3

So basically, we let in 2 of the 3 shots they had on target which came as a result of mistakes by us. For all our possession, I don't remember their keeper having too much of a busy afternoon. Yes couple of saves, but not like he was constantly called into action.
Doeboy

Postby algymoon » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:18 pm

two valuable points was thrown away due to bad defending... BR defense strategy is none existing whether he play 3 at back, or 4 at the back or even 5 at the
back the problem will continue because BR has no clue on how to defend!!.
Arsenal is Sh*t and an average team, but we could not beat them with latest BR formation! Had we have started with recognized CF we would have won this game by at least
two goals to spare. We almost control 90% of the game but we gave Arsenal two good situations and the scored from both of them because they had CF.
Had this Arsenal side came against Everton,  Stoke, and even QPR would have lost the game!

It was only when the Idiot BR changed the system and introduced CF we looked like scoring each time we pushed forward, and I am very impressed in this hidden fighting spirit which   
it has been kept under rapped by this idiot BR due to stupid tactics. Under the present system I just cannot see where the goals are coming form, and we will not make any ground on
the teams above us come February I think we will stay in below Mid-table as long as BR remain in charge.
algymoon

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games