DEJAN LOVREN - Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:40 am

The rumours are rife at the moment ,allegedly Gerrard took Rodgers to one side after training and  expressed the importance of playing Lucas as DM
so he could be used further up the pitch he also said Toure must play instead of Lovren ,the manager reacted by starting Gerrard as DM and dropping
Lucas and Toure to the bench whilst reintroducing Lovren at the back for the united game.

All this conjecture and ridiculous speculation is killing us slowly,and its definitely not doing the manager any favours.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:44 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:40 pm wrote:The rumours are rife at the moment ,allegedly Gerrard took Rodgers to one side after training and  expressed the importance of playing Lucas as DM
so he could be used further up the pitch he also said Toure must play instead of Lovren ,the manager reacted by starting Gerrard as DM and dropping
Lucas and Toure to the bench whilst reintroducing Lovren at the back for the united game.

All this conjecture and ridiculous speculation is killing us slowly,and its definitely not doing the manager any favours.

Well Gerrard did look disinterested in the game but I hope something like that isn't true as if BR would leave us open to defeat against Manu just to slap down Gerrard means there is some serious problems within the club.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Octsky » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:50 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:40 pm wrote:The rumours are rife at the moment ,allegedly Gerrard took Rodgers to one side after training and  expressed the importance of playing Lucas as DM

i thought initially lovren was a rock but his over committed tackles are a major concern
especially in the box, he either gets the ball or commit a foul,
his defensive header in a box is woeful,
his lack of speed and lack of position are terrible.
if this is true, just sack br and appoint stevie as player manager will do.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby SkippyRed » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:21 am

Any update on his injury?
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:14 am

apparently its a groin strain with no return date given.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:02 pm

Got talking to a southampton fan today. He said Lovren was a bit jekyll and hyde when it came to his level of performances for them. Said he looked top class in some games and in others looks all over the place and as though he didn't have a clue.

Let's hope he can become consistently good for us and turn the current situation around as for me, he is probably the biggest dissapointment when it comes to our summer signings so far.
Doeboy

Postby The_Rock » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:02 am

Doeboy » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:02 am wrote:Got talking to a southampton fan today. He said Lovren was a bit jekyll and hyde when it came to his level of performances for them. Said he looked top class in some games and in others looks all over the place and as though he didn't have a clue.

Let's hope he can become consistently good for us and turn the current situation around as for me, he is probably the biggest dissapointment when it comes to our summer signings so far.

Even the Croatian fans were bewildered when we were linked with him for big money. All of then were remarking he is a very average defender. And if you look back at his career, he was pretty much average at lyon and Southampton (where he only looked good for 3 months according to their fans).

So we did a classic "carroll" signing by paying over the odds for some mid-table team player who looked good for less than a season at top flight.

I don't think we can blame the transfer committee for this signing. It was pretty obvious Rodgers made the call on Lovern. I can't believe Rodgers really thought that just because Lovern was a vocal fella, all our defensive problems will be solved by signing him. He actually "eureka" this  to the whole world when we signed him.

People think I am too harsh on Rodgers. But seriously...if a head coach thinks by signing a vocal player all our defensive problems will be solved, how the f**k do you want me to take him seriously ?

He could be a competent coach who sets up attackers quite well. But to be the manager............ he is just not cut-out for it.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:37 pm

The_Rock » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:02 am wrote:
Doeboy » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:02 am wrote:Got talking to a southampton fan today. He said Lovren was a bit jekyll and hyde when it came to his level of performances for them. Said he looked top class in some games and in others looks all over the place and as though he didn't have a clue.

Even the Croatian fans were bewildered when we were linked with him for big money. All of then were remarking he is a very average defender. And if you look back at his career, he was pretty much average at lyon and Southampton (where he only looked good for 3 months according to their fans).

So we did a classic "carroll" signing by paying over the odds for some mid-table team player who looked good for less than a season at top flight.

I don't think we can blame the transfer committee for this signing. It was pretty obvious Rodgers made the call on Lovern. I can't believe Rodgers really thought that just because Lovern was a vocal fella, all our defensive problems will be solved by signing him. He actually "eureka" this  to the whole world when we signed him.

People think I am too harsh on Rodgers. But seriously...if a head coach thinks by signing a vocal player all our defensive problems will be solved, how the f**k do you want me to take him seriously ?

He could be a competent coach who sets up attackers quite well. But to be the manager............ he is just not cut-out for it.

I keep hearing similar things, they must have watched him on YouTube
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:35 pm

He's (Lovren) not happy for one reason or another, hence BR dropped him. Potentially, Lovren could be shipped out of LFC if he doesn't prove himself in the next couple of months. Is it tactics, formation, not able to form any kind of partnership with the other defenders?

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:23 pm

I'm not going to be too quick on my judgement of Lovren ,I mean the same sentiments were expressed on Sakho's early games 'myself included' ,I just feel he would
benefit more from being played more centrally in a defensive three .....Its going to be a struggle to break into the side though ,I think having a settled defence
with Lucas shielding has made us look formidable of late ,and Rodgers will be loathe to tamper with our continuity.

Granted he's had a mare since he signed ,but Liverpool's history is stacked with similar stories ,you only have to look at Lucas and Henderson to be briefed on that.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:20 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:23 pm wrote:I'm not going to be too quick on my judgement of Lovren ,I mean the same sentiments were expressed on Sakho's early games 'myself included' ,I just feel he would
benefit more from being played more centrally in a defensive three .....Its going to be a struggle to break into the side though ,I think having a settled defence
with Lucas shielding has made us look formidable of late ,and Rodgers will be loathe to tamper with our continuity.

Granted he's had a mare since he signed ,but Liverpool's history is stacked with similar stories ,you only have to look at Lucas and Henderson to be briefed on that.

Fair comment RBG.

If Lovren can show more control/composure i.e he doesn't feel the need to chase or lunge into everything that comes his way I see no reason why a back three of Skrtle----Lovren----Sakho shouldn't prove to be a bedrock that the rest of the team can depend on. 

Added bonus of course is that we then get to play "Charlie Chan"  in a position that invites him to express his quality   :;):

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby C-R » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:24 pm

Dosn't Lovren like to play left of centre though ? That is where Sakho is playing and i wouldn't move Sakho for anyone
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:39 pm

cardiff-red » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:24 pm wrote:Dosn't Lovren like to play left of centre though ? That is where Sakho is playing and i wouldn't move Sakho for anyone

That's exactly where he's struggled mate ,at least in the middle of the three he will be less inclined to leave his position and get pulled to the flanks.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:43 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:39 pm wrote:
cardiff-red » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:24 pm wrote:Dosn't Lovren like to play left of centre though ? That is where Sakho is playing and i wouldn't move Sakho for anyone

That's exactly where he's struggled mate ,at least in the middle of the three he will be less inclined to leave his position and get pulled to the flanks.

and then Skrtel to the right, it's a shame really we are needing to accommodate him rreally, Skrtel and Sakho both playing well in their positions
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:45 pm

woof woof ! » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:20 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:23 pm wrote:I'm not going to be too quick on my judgement of Lovren ,I mean the same sentiments were expressed on Sakho's early games 'myself included' ,I just feel he would

Fair comment RBG.

If Lovren can show more control/composure i.e he doesn't feel the need to chase or lunge into everything that comes his way I see no reason why a back three of Skrtle----Lovren----Sakho shouldn't prove to be a bedrock that the rest of the team can depend on. 

Added bonus of course is that we then get to play "Charlie Chan"  in a position that invites him to express his quality   :;):

I must confess mate ,that's behind my reasoning ,if we could integrate Lovren 'successfully' then Can could just mould us into a far more fluent and imposing team.
He's a veritable 'Ballack' in the making fella ,and we all know how important  he was for Chelsea .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion