Liverpool V Arsenal - Sunday 21st December - KO 4.05pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Boocity » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:33 pm

cardiff-red » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:08 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:24 am wrote:fooking dreading this game.
They will be coming to go at us and get a bit of revenge for last season  :nod and no way will we be able to stop them scoring.

Wenger said in his press conference that Walcott is back as well, can you imagine him running at full pace at Skrtel, Kolo, Lovren and co  :down:

....btw.. Rodgers was asked about keeper position.... Jones stays in goal for Liverpool. Rodgers: "No change in goalkeeper." That press conference lasted 4 minutes 50 secs.

There must be more to it than form, there is no way he can believe Jones is a safer bet than Mig.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:09 am

Having nightmares of Sanchez and Walcott running at pace at Kolo, Skrtel and Sakho  :Oo:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:12 am

Boocity » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:33 pm wrote:
cardiff-red » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:08 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:24 am wrote:fooking dreading this game.
They will be coming to go at us and get a bit of revenge for last season  :nod and no way will we be able to stop them scoring.

Wenger said in his press conference that Walcott is back as well, can you imagine him running at full pace at Skrtel, Kolo, Lovren and co  :down:

....btw.. Rodgers was asked about keeper position.... Jones stays in goal for Liverpool. Rodgers: "No change in goalkeeper." That press conference lasted 4 minutes 50 secs.

There must be more to it than form, there is no way he can believe Jones is a safer bet than Mig.

Nope same thing BR is on LSD....
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:45 am

This is a must win match, we cannot afford another loss to a team in the top four last season, a team we did the double over last season and a major competitor for a top four spot this year. The win against Bournemouth was good but let's put it in perspective, it was against a Championship side no matter whether they are at the top or not. I have still lost all faith in BR turning this around and we are still seeing weird selections in the team, I hope going into tomorrow with Jones in goal doesn't come back and bite us.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:33 pm

Can see us scoring goals but just can't see us keeping them out either. We really have to grab a strangle hold on this game early.

Once Arsenal get into their attacking rhythm, they can really get on top of you. Stop them getting into that rhythm and they look very vulnerable to me.
Doeboy

Postby tonyeh » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:54 pm

You're probably correct. I don't see a win here. If Liverpool get a draw, that'll be a massive result, frankly.
tonyeh

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:58 pm

On the whole results weren't too bad today, although Spurs won United only drew and Everton lost at Southampton so there is a glimmer of an opportunity there to claw back a bit of ground tomorrow.
Wether we are good enough to take that opportunity though is anyone's guess.
As BC says we can't keep losing these key games against top 4 rivals, not if we harbour any real pretensions of finishing in the CL places anyway, you sort of get the feeling that if we are going to gate crash the top 4 then we need something to happen pretty soon.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:45 pm

CL places are wide open this year and think it will be topsy turvy until the very end. But agree, we need to get into some kind of form as Arsenal normally go on a solid run during the season which motors them up and Utd have only the league and Fa cup to worry about and no doubt will throw more money about in January so will be favourites.
Doeboy

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:20 pm

Going by the reports we will be without a striker again tomorrow so a lot of pressure on sterling again.
The midfield is where this game will be won or lost. They have some quality that can if given the space really hurt us. we need to match them like for like i reckon.
If we can get stuck into them and not shirk challenges then we have a good chance.
I watched them against newcastle and they are dangerous in wide area's so maybe 3 at the back isn't the best option for this.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby sniffy98 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:56 pm

Boocity » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:45 am wrote:This is a must win match, we cannot afford another loss to a team in the top four last season, a team we did the double over last season and a major competitor for a top four spot this year. The win against Bournemouth was good but let's put it in perspective, it was against a Championship side no matter whether they are at the top or not. I have still lost all faith in BR turning this around and we are still seeing weird selections in the team, I hope going into tomorrow with Jones in goal doesn't come back and bite us.

Mig is not good enough but Jones is nowhere near Premiership standard. I think if we start fast like we did in February then we can hurt them. Sterling running at the German lamppost has plenty of potential. Henderson will be important to close down their nippy little technical players.

We didn't beat this lot twice last season mate, they actually beat us twice! But we did stuff them at Anfield.
sniffy98

Postby RedSi35 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:08 am

Would like to see similar formation to that of Bournemouth and Utd games.

We looked a lot more confident and our pressing/passing game was looking better.

Not sure about Jones though, Haven't we got a U18 keeper with a sunday off?
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:32 am

Worrying when we only have somebody of Brad's calibre to try and shake up Mignolet !!

Is Sturridge playing today - JUST THOUGHT I'D ASK  :no
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:04 pm

We need an early goal today. If Arsenal score first they can roll us but if we score first that will open them up. We need the players to show up, it is no use blaming the manager as it is the players that are on the field and they are playing for pride. No doubt that Arsenal would love a little payback so the players must make sure they do not get it.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:11 pm

kazza » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:04 am wrote:We need an early goal today. If Arsenal score first they can roll us but if we score first that will open them up. We need the players to show up, it is no use blaming the manager as it is the players that are on the field and they are playing for pride. No doubt that Arsenal would love a little payback so the players must make sure they do not get it.

Agree with this. Arsenal are the kind of team that can run away with a game if you let them get an early foothold in a game. If we fall behind early, would suddenly make things very edgy and tense, and that is probably the last thing we need in our current situation. By the same token, if we grab an early goal and impose ourselves on them, you can see Arsenal wilting as I'm not too sure they are the kind of team that can roll their sleeves up when things get tough
Doeboy

Postby sniffy98 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:12 pm

They have no mental strength whatsoever, just look at their capitulations against Anderlecht, Swansea and Stoke. None of those are great sides but they got amongst them and that defence just fell to pieces. We have a fragile defence too but stopping them play and looking to hit Sterling early and taking the lead will shape the match in our favour.
sniffy98

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games