Liverpool V Arsenal - Sunday 21st December - KO 4.05pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby C-R » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:51 pm

I think we have to get Mignloet back in for Jones who has been even worse.

Markovic and Sakho must start
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:13 am

I would like to see us line up like this, if it happens is another thing

Mignolet

Toure    Skrtel     Sakho

Henderson    Lucas   Can   Markovic

Lallana    Coutinho

Sterling
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:33 pm

cardiff-red » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:13 am wrote:I would like to see us line up like this, if it happens is another thing

Mignolet

Toure    Skrtel     Sakho

Henderson    Lucas   Can   Markovic

Lallana    Coutinho

Sterling

Not a bad side that CR but could you honestly see Brendan leaving Gerrard on the bench for a game like this? Gerrard will almost certainly start, probably at the expense of Can.
As a general rule of thumb I'm not really a big fan of pairing Lucas and Gerrard in the middle but as our other CM's are so out of sorts I don't think it makes that much difference ATM.
Your right about Mingolet btw, whatever words they've had Brendan has got to be man enough to do what is in the best interests of the team not his own pride.
I hope he sticks with the 3 at the back, yes we do look a bit open at times but we've looked open when we've played with 2 banks of 4 as well, at least this way we get to see more of our creative players on the pitch (not to mention looking threatening for a change)
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Homebooby » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:58 pm

In light of his performances last season for sunderland and given that we're short on a 'natural forward/striker', does anyone have any idea why Borini can't get arrested?
Homebooby

Postby Boocity » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:16 pm

Missed the match last night as it was on a bit late here, I just caught it on The LFC website. I thought we looked good going forward and the first goal with that build up was excellent, I would stick with the same attack against Arsenal, however  our defence still looks a mess and better a better team than Bournemouth would have punished us. Lovren, Skrtel and Jones just aren't up to it and really would bring Mig back and replace Lovren with Sakho as others have suggested, we also need someone more mobile in central/defensive midfield, I would play Can there but I doubt it will happen.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundreamin is back » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:41 pm

It depends which Arsenal turns up. Either we will batter them or they will batter us
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby eds » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:50 am

Don't know how you expect us to "batter" a side when we have no forwards.......  :upside:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Dundreamin is back » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:39 am

EDS your so picky
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:24 am

fooking dreading this game.
They will be coming to go at us and get a bit of revenge for last season  :nod and no way will we be able to stop them scoring.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:08 pm

red till i die!! » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:24 am wrote:fooking dreading this game.
They will be coming to go at us and get a bit of revenge for last season  :nod and no way will we be able to stop them scoring.

Wenger said in his press conference that Walcott is back as well, can you imagine him running at full pace at Skrtel, Kolo, Lovren and co  :down:

....btw.. Rodgers was asked about keeper position.... Jones stays in goal for Liverpool. Rodgers: "No change in goalkeeper." That press conference lasted 4 minutes 50 secs.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:52 pm

Based on training photos today, looks like Brad Jones in goal with a back 3 of Sakho, Toure, Skrtel

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:55 pm

Although it worked against Bournemouth, it would be suicidal to go against Arsenal with three at the back without recognized wing-backs. We'd get destroyed big time on those flanks if Henderson and Markovic are going to have to control their entire side by themselves. I thought that Markovic was great defensively the other night but it won't work against Arsenal IMO.

I do however agree that we'll need to play our fastest players. All of them. Using players with similar pace is going to be our best chance to get anything against these. Sadly we won't have a recognized forward player but we'll have to make-do. This is what I'd like to see:

Mignolet

Manquillo   Skrtel   Toure    Moreno

Lucas   Can

Lallana         Coutinho        Markovic

Sterling
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:05 pm

Dejan Lovren's fitness will be assessed ahead of Liverpool's meeting with Arsenal on Sunday after he suffered a groin injury during the Reds' midweek Capital One Cup victory.

The centre-back was substituted at half-time in the quarter-final tie against Bournemouth on Wednesday evening, which Brendan Rodgers' side won 3-1 at the Goldsands Stadium.

With the Gunners next up in the Barclays Premier League in two days' time, the manager provided the latest on the Croatian's condition at his pre-match press conference.

"We're just waiting to hear on that - hopefully he'll be fine," Rodgers responded when asked by reporters gathered at Melwood. "We'll assess that before the weekend."
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:58 pm

"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Boocity » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:31 pm

Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games