RAHEEM STERLING - Official Thread

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby RedAnt » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:38 pm

I'm going by what was posted here. But then I also read here he was signing for £125k a week and I don't think that happened.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby ballotelliman » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:38 pm

listen with real madrid in the background him and his agent aernt stupid are they. there not gona sign anything less than 120k in my opinion. if your a top player and you know most top european clubs will be interested and paying more and i dont blame him forget the loyalty card cos that dont exist anymore.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:35 pm

Ben Patrick » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:32 pm wrote:Where has it been confirmed that he has turned down a contract ?

I havent seen anything and there is nothing in this thread with quotes from him or his agent.

It started about 2 days ago when that dick winter from the telegraph ran a piece from some source or another that surprisingly isn't named.  :eyebrow
While I don't think most of what he says is true I do think there is some element of it that is. It is well known that he hasn't signed a new deal yet anyway so it could be his agent leaking this. He won't go on record as the source as he would risk the wrath of the club so they usually have somebody in the background doing it for them.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:19 pm

Sterling has been excellent since bursting onto the scene but hope the lad isn't getting a bit too big for his boots. He still have a lot of developing to do. Needs to work on being more consistent with his final ball but sure that will come as he matures as a player. Sure he will sign a new contract, just the usual cat and mouse games between club and agent imo.
Doeboy

Postby RedAnt » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:06 pm

I don't think it bodes too well that a PL player and England international of 20 years of age hasn't learned how to cross or shoot yet. Usually a players position would be dictated by his skills. For example a fast player who can dribble and cross becomes a winger. So why can't he do these things already? I'm sure he'll improve in time but if he's not a natural then I'd be dubious of exactly how much potential he actually has.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby stmichael » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:06 pm

Form is temporary. Class is permanent.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby parchpea » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:30 pm

Good form tonight and I suspect he's had a kick up the backside losing the haircut and cracking on with playing football.

Get the impression he can be a bit lazy and not being fully focused at times which may be ok for some youngsters but
not Sterling who has the talent to be so much more and must be set extremely high standards to fulfil is own potential.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:00 am

Played really well tonight and looks like he means business with his new haircut.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:36 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:00 pm wrote:Played really well tonight and looks like he means business with his new haircut.

hmm you are a bit too generous with young Raheem....I thought he had a decent night ,he took his 2nd goal very well ,however way too many dead end runs and wrong decision making ,one horrible miss and an overall erratic night. I wrote this before the lad need to slow his pace down a bit ,his mind is racing way to fast for the rest of his body to catch up ,he isn't playing smart football and thus not taking advantage if his quality.
Hope this game will kick start his season.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:35 pm

It was a great 'team goal' last night finished off by Raheem

Here is all '51 passes' and then his neat finish

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:25 pm

only me » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:36 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:00 pm wrote:Played really well tonight and looks like he means business with his new haircut.

hmm you are a bit too generous with young Raheem....I thought he had a decent night ,he took his 2nd goal very well ,however way too many dead end runs and wrong decision making ,one horrible miss and an overall erratic night. I wrote this before the lad need to slow his pace down a bit ,his mind is racing way to fast for the rest of his body to catch up ,he isn't playing smart football and thus not taking advantage if his quality.
Hope this game will kick start his season.

He's a confidence player and playing with SAS last season definitely brought the best out of him, hope last night instills some confidence back into him and he can get back the form he had last season
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:00 am

Congrats... won the european golden boy...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:47 pm

Here he is with his trophy

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:13 pm

Doubtless a great player ,but his instinct for goal is diminished by his lack of tactical nous every good striker needs to possess.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:53 pm

Don't think he will ever be a striker but his pace and ability to get in behind just allows us to play the way BR sets us up to. Thought he did ok today without ever really getting into the game
Doeboy

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion