Zinc Nickel Plating

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby hudagph » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:32 am

Zinc Nickel Plating, most commonly known as Zinc alloy electroplating, is an electrogalvanization process for corrosion protection of metal surfaces and increasing their wear resistance. The corrosion protection is primarily due to the anodic potential dissolution of zinc versus iron and zinc acts as a sacrificial anode for protecting iron (steel). While steel is close to -400 mV, depending on alloy composition, electroplated zinc is much more anodic with -980 mV and steel is preserved from corrosion by cathodic protection. Plating zinc with cobalt or nickel at levels less than 1% has minimal effect on the potential; but both alloys improve the capacity of the zinc layer to develop a chromate film by conversion coating. For more please visit the website kcjplating.
Thanks a lot.
Last edited by hudagph on Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
hudagph
LFC Basic Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:00 pm

I do most of my gaming on console but as far as i know as long as you have a separate graphics card and processor along with decent ram you should be ok.
Those spec's look fine to me anyway but I'm no nerd.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:32 am

I would try to upgrade the RAM to 16GB

GTX is pretty powerful graphics card too, if the price is right go ahead it's good for games like Battlefield
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:16 pm

That looks like a decent rig, pretty close to my own. Like MH said, upgrade to 16 GB RAM or more, it's as cheap as chips at the moment, look on Overclockers.uk.

You're talking about online gaming though and the biggest bottleneck there will be your internet connection. If that's slow, your internal hardware won't make a stitch of difference.
tonyeh

Return to General Chat Forum