Liverpool V Stoke City - Sat 29th Nov KO 3pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby C-R » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:32 am

Seeing as nobody else started one i thought i had better start one

Rodgers said in his press conference yesterday that it will be the same squad as Ludogorets match, Balotelli still injured

A lot of the morning papers saying Stevie G will be rested for this match, in fact the Mirror say Gerrard to be rested with Lallana to play behind Lambert

Nothing less than 3 points in this match - if the unthinkable happens and we lose this one i can see Rodgers in deep shit with the owners
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shakey » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:00 am

Please please let us get 3 points from this match!
Would like too see Can make a start.
shakey

Postby algymoon » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:15 am

We need to win this match at any cost, otherwise we will be in deep trouble and I think BR will be sacked following a defeat. We are in very bad situation right now and the gap is getting bigger between LFC and M. United, therefore we cannot drop any points at all.
It is make or break match and I hope we can win, but with a dodgy Keeper (I hope to be dropped) and leaky defence I am not 100% hopeful.
algymoon

Postby fivecups » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:18 am

Keep Toure in, consider Coutinho rather than Allen with Lucas remaining in the holding role, Lallana for Gerrard; 3 points in the bag and move on.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:46 pm

fivecups » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:18 am wrote:Keep Toure in, consider Coutinho rather than Allen with Lucas remaining in the holding role, Lallana for Gerrard; 3 points in the bag and move on.

Yes got to be the minimum that, would like to see Skrtel and Johnson dropped as well
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:12 pm

The type of team Stoke are we need to start can

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:38 pm

algymoon » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:15 am wrote:We need to win this match at any cost, otherwise we will be in deep trouble and I think BR will be sacked following a defeat. We are in very bad situation right now and the gap is getting bigger between LFC and M. United, therefore we cannot drop any points at all.
It is make or break match and I hope we can win, but with a dodgy Keeper (I hope to be dropped) and leaky defence I am not 100% hopeful.

Although we are only 4 points from the drop zone amazingly we're only 5 points from the CL places as well. Considering the amount of games we have lost it's almost unbelievable that we are only a couple of decent results away from being back in the mix.
The next 3 league games are vital, all are very winnable and if we can collect the 9 points I wouldn't bet against us being right back in it with half the season still to go.
Obviously with our recent form that is a very big if but you do get the sense that the next few weeks could be pivotal to our season. If we continue our poor form that 5 point gap between us and the clubs in and around the top 4 will grow to something unbridgeable but if we do string a few results together we'll be back from the dead like Lazarus.
If we can win our next 3 league games and get past Basel we might actually salvage the season yet, especially with Sturridge due back in the new year.
IMO this game is bigger than just 3 points, although we are still in November it's not being overly melodramatic to suggest our season hangs on this.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:01 pm

Confirmed team and subs

Liverpool's XI: Mignolet, Johnson, Skrtel, Toure, Enrique, Lucas, Allen, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Lambert.

Substitutes: Jones, Lovren, Moreno, Lallana, Gerrard, Markovic, Can.

As speculated, Gerrard left out
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:05 pm

cardiff-red » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:01 pm wrote:Confirmed team and subs

Liverpool's XI: Mignolet, Johnson, Skrtel, Toure, Enrique, Lucas, Allen, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Lambert.

BR insanity continues.....our back four is a farce and why in gods name llalana and Can are benched when Lucas/Hendo/Allen are starting  :no  has the world gone crazy wtf is wrong with this manager???
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:06 pm

No striker on the bench

And only 1 of the summer signings starting

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:23 pm

only me » Nov 29th, '14, 15:05 wrote:
cardiff-red » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:01 pm wrote:Confirmed team and subs

BR insanity continues.....our back four is a farce and why in gods name llalana and Can are benched when Lucas/Hendo/Allen are starting  :no  has the world gone crazy wtf is wrong with this manager???

Really, that's the confirmed lineup! wtf...... So, only one up front again  :no  and no other striker on the bench  :no  (should have at least given one from the academy a go). Maybe he'll get Sterling to play up front?

Anyway, I thought the plots of films like Aliens versus Predator et al was stupid, but BR has gone beyond that. He's plotting something, but it ain't good.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby fivecups » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:29 pm

LFC1990 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:06 pm wrote:No striker on the bench

And only 1 of the summer signings starting

Yep, decent enough eleven.

There's no doubt that this summer transfer activity has been catastrophic thus far and there's still a high chance it will cost Brendan his job.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:33 pm

I actually think it's not a bad team. Gerrard and Lovren are finally out, Johnson shouldn't be there as well but I'll give Rodgers the benefit because young Manquillo has played a lot of games and probably needs a rest. Not sure if Enrique is fit enough but Moreno deserves to sit this one out for that joke of a challenge for the Ludogorets' goal. I actually feel positive about this one.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:04 pm

4-2-3-1 for us. Allen and Lucas sitting. Sterling left, Henderson right and Coutinho behind Lambert.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Octsky » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:18 pm

dont think it is a good lineup, why play only a striker against a team who has never won at anfield for 50 meetings? and 2 holding midfielders?
br is playing for a draw
87m worth of new signings sitting on the bench..
really says a lot about our transfer committee
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games