Month off the booze - Anyone else here done it?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Reg » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:09 am

I have learnt that mixing bloody marys, white wine, red wine and large g&t's in the course of an evening makes you sweat the next morning. You live and learn.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:14 am

I need a month ON the booze.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:06 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:59 pm wrote:Two long years and on its way to three since I've gargled with the auld JD .

This coming Christmas will be my fifth year on the wagon ! I might even have a drink this New Year to celebrate .......Nah   :;):
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:59 pm

Shouldn't it be Red TeaGoggles or something then?
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Boocity » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:45 pm

Living over here I actually abstain quite regularly. I can go out one night and get sh!t faced and then not touch a drop for a couple of weeks, very rarely drink at home unless its the odd glass of wine with the wife or if someone comes round. Don't drink on my own as I don't see the point.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:09 pm

RedAnt » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:59 pm wrote:Shouldn't it be Red TeaGoggles or something then?

I opted for Red Beergoggles when I first joined in 2003 as it seemed a fitting description for Houlliers dips into the transfer market ,regularly announcing players as the
new Zidane ,the new Platini ,the new Henry ,the new Viera ......Should I go on ?  In summation, it had little to do with the copious volumes of alcohol I was imbibing
at the time.

Honest  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:42 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:09 pm wrote:
RedAnt » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:59 pm wrote:Shouldn't it be Red TeaGoggles or something then?

I opted for Red Beergoggles when I first joined in 2003 as it seemed a fitting description for Houlliers dips into the transfer market ,regularly announcing players as the
new Zidane ,the new Platini ,the new Henry ,the new Viera ......Should I go on ?  In summation, it had little to do with the copious volumes of alcohol I was imbibing
at the time.

Honest  :D

Hah, then I like the name! It certainly fits Gerards view back then. Bit of a disappointment though... It amused me to think of you sitting there typing with a can of larger, wearing Elton John-esque red rimmed glasses with cute, star shaped frames :(
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:14 pm

RedAnt » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:42 pm wrote:. It amused me to think of you sitting there typing with a can of larger, wearing Elton John-esque red rimmed glasses with cute, star shaped frames :(

Whatever turns you on fella  :laugh:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:12 pm

If we play any worse, i'm going to need a month ON the booze...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:34 pm

A Month off the Booze ?

No problem  :nod

I say "no problem " as I was on a tramp steamer plying it's way from Mombasa to Bombay at the time and discovering the alternative to booze that Opium offered ! 

Only thing I remember is one night as I lay comatose at the prow of the boat, being shaken awake by a bunch of guys in white robes.

I told them to fk off (as you do )

And then to my surprise they all bowed down and worshipped me !

It was only with hindsight I realised that I was between them and Mecca as they gathered to say their prayers  !!!

I'm probably lucky that back then there we no fanatical followers of Islam in the crew and they didn't just throw me overboard

Bottom Line, Yeah , take a month of the Booze BUT be careful where it takes you    :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:52 pm

woof woof ! » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:34 pm wrote:A Month off the Booze ?

No problem  :nod

I say "no problem " as I was on a tramp steamer plying it's way from Mombasa to Bombay at the time and discovering the alternative to booze that Opium offered ! 

Only thing I remember is one night as I lay comatose at the prow of the boat, being shaken awake by a bunch of guys in white robes.

I told them to fk off (as you do )

And then to my surprise they all bowed down and worshipped me !

It was only with hindsight I realised that I was between them and Mecca as they gathered to say their prayers  !!!

I'm probably lucky that back then there we no fanatical followers of Islam in the crew and they didn't just throw me overboard

Bottom Line, Yeah , take a month of the Booze BUT be careful where it takes you    :D

:laugh:

You probably just had your tool hanging out again fella ,so its a good job they weren't snake handlers  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:20 pm

This is the one day I hate more than any other ,everyone smashed off their face and me on the fucking orange juice. I would usually be kettled around about now inviting all the (to my wife's disgust ) neighbours in.

So for those fortunate to enjoy a good bevy tonight ,enjoy New Year you lucky fuckerz    :p
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun May 20, 2018 3:15 pm

Practically  9 years sober now people but if I'm honest I've lost count :D Its comfortably the hardest thing I've ever had to contend with and the urge never goes away ,it never gets easier and its always just an arms length away, but I'm winning !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum