Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby C-R » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:36 am

Martin Montoya is ready to hand in a transfer request at Barcelona to force through a move to Arsenal or Liverpool in January.

The 23-year-old came through Barcelona's academy and was once highly regarded at the Camp Nou.

But he has fallen down the pecking order under Luis Enrique and now has his heart set on a move away during the upcoming transfer window.

The player's representative Juan de Dios Carrasco told El Confidencial: "It's very difficult but we are speaking to the club about finding a solution in the winter market.

"Luis Enrique has already told him he is behind Dani Alves and Douglas, but it now seems he is also behind Adriano."My advice to him is to ask for a transfer, not to go out on loan.

Barcelona have been reluctant to consider letting any of their players leave as they are currently the subject of a transfer embargo that prevents them registering new players until next January.

Carrasco added: "We are faced with him being loaned out until the end of Luis Enrique's contract in 2016, but Martin neither wants to go on loan or wait to see whether Enrique renews or not."

It now remains to be seen whether Arsenal or Liverpool step up their interest sufficiently to bring Montoya to the Premier League for the second half of the season.

Source: Daily Express
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:37 am

Real Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas could leave in January, with Arsenal and Liverpool showing an interest.

According to the Spanish press, Casillas is growing increasingly frustrated at the Bernabeu under boss Carlo Ancelotti.

The 33-year-old was confined to the bench for Real's latest Champions League clash at Basel, replaced by summer signing Keylor Navas in the 1-0 triumph.

And Casillas is reportedly worried he could lose his first-choice status yet again, leading to speculation he's looking for a way out in the winter window.Ancelotti handed the Spaniard just one La Liga appearance last term, favouring Diego Lopez, who has since left for AC Milan.

Casillas' situation at the Spanish capital has put long-term suitors Arsenal and Liverpool on red alert, with the Premier League pair preparing £4m bids for when the market reopens in January.

However, the news comes as a concern to Manchester United, with Madrid likely to step up their interest in David De Gea if Casillas leaves the Bernabeu.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:42 pm

cardiff-red » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:30 pm wrote:I agree with you maguk mate, just posting what the papers are saying

I would like to see us going for these 4

GK: Asmir Begovic
CM: William Carvalho
AM: Marco Reus
CF: Jackson Martinez

realistically I think we could get Begovic but not sure on the other 3

Agree Begavic definitely gettable.I think if we really gave it a go, we could maybe get one of Martinez or Carvalho (not both as I doubt we will be prepared to splash that amount of money). Reus, no chance
Doeboy

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:00 pm

We need to sell before we buy anyone.

Borini, Mig, Lucas and Skittles all need to be shown the door. Feck, I'd even get shot of Mario, to raise funds to bring in some quality players.

But who's going to buy any of them? Borini is too deluded to leave and Mig would most likely end up back at Sunderland on loan.

Dark days indeed.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:45 pm

Liverpool and Tottenham target Yevhen Konoplyanka is attracting interest from four Serie A clubs, according to reports in Italy.

The Ukraine international's contract expires at the end of the season, meaning he would be available on a free next summer.

That has alerted both Brendan Rodgers' side and Spurs, who have made tentative enquires to his club Dnipro, while West Ham have also expressed an interest.

However, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport, the Premier League trio have been joined in the race for Konoplyanka by a quartet of Serie A clubs.

AC Milan, Fiorentina, Inter Milan and Roma have all sounded out the winger's representatives about a move to Italy.

Source: talkSPORT
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:11 pm

cardiff-red » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:45 pm wrote:Liverpool and Tottenham target Yevhen Konoplyanka is attracting interest from four Serie A clubs, according to reports in Italy.

The Ukraine international's contract expires at the end of the season, meaning he would be available on a free next summer.

That has alerted both Brendan Rodgers' side and Spurs, who have made tentative enquires to his club Dnipro, while West Ham have also expressed an interest.

However, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport, the Premier League trio have been joined in the race for Konoplyanka by a quartet of Serie A clubs.

AC Milan, Fiorentina, Inter Milan and Roma have all sounded out the winger's representatives about a move to Italy.

Source: talkSPORT

Good player for free. But our priorities lie elsewhere...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:12 pm

Arsenal and Liverpool are in with a chance of landing Real Madrid star Isco after being informed that £64million will be enough to secure the Spaniard's signature.

The versatile midfielder is currently enjoying a fine run of form under Carlo Ancelotti, impressing in the absence of world-record signing Gareth Bale, despite being linked with a January move to the Premier League.

Real are loath to part ways with Isco, who has proved himself worth of playing in a number of positions, but reports in Spain claim that the club could be forced to sell one or two high-profile players as they prepare big-money moves for Bayern Munich's David Alaba and Cruzeiro's Lucas Romero.

The same outlets also believe that French champions PSG are in the market for Isco, and are ready to bid a whopping £64m for his services.

Ancelotti is apparently willing to sanction the move in exchange for the enormous fee, meaning that both Arsene Wenger and Brendan Rodgers will also be able to offer Isco a contract should they decide to match PSG's bid.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:51 pm

Ha.........64m !

Not sure we can trust Rodgers with that kind of money on a single player.
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:58 pm

RedSi35 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:51 pm wrote:Ha.........64m !

Not sure we can trust Rodgers with that kind of money on a single player.

not sure we can trust him at all tbh :help
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:09 am

We wont sign any player that commands a weekly wage beyond £150k a week and that's being generous.

That rules out the very best players and anyone currently in Real Madrid's first team for a start.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:29 pm

I was really impressed with him in the 2 games that he played against us, our midfield needs a massive overhaul and someone with his ability would fit the bill perfectly. Unfortunately as others have mentioned that type of money is out of our range and tbh I'm not sure if I'd be comfortable with LFC spending £64m on one player anyway.
It's bad enough as it is with the club spending £20-£25m on players but fee's like £64m just demonstrate how far removed football has become from it's working class base.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedSi35 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:31 pm

For 64m Rodgers could get 10 6.4m moneyball style players
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:35 am

First window Rodgers has had any real money to chuck about but wage restrictions limit the market for him.

Like to know who is part of the faceless transfer committee and who is ultimately responsible for recruitment, possible its even over in
Boston and the not knowing is a problem.

Low risk potential high return seems to be the key and that ultimately means you don't always buy what you need but who ticks enough boxes
on a spread sheet which may work in baseball but perhaps not so well in football.

We wont be throwing money at big hitters in January either, again it will be either potential or damaged goods.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:24 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:29 pm wrote:I was really impressed with him in the 2 games that he played against us, our midfield needs a massive overhaul and someone with his ability would fit the bill perfectly. Unfortunately as others have mentioned that type of money is out of our range and tbh I'm not sure if I'd be comfortable with LFC spending £64m on one player anyway.
It's bad enough as it is with the club spending £20-£25m on players but fee's like £64m just demonstrate how far removed football has become from it's working class base.

64 million pounds for a 22 year old is just too much money. Of course they would sell if somebody offered that kind of money for him. A seasoned Spanish international like Fabregas cost Chelsea only half the money... definitely not worth it...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:34 pm

The Daily Star reports that free agent Victor Valdes will not join Manchester United on a permanent transfer.

The former Barcelona goalkeeper has been training with the team in order to get himself back into match shape following long-term injury, and it was expected that he would link up with Louis van Gaal once his recovery was complete.

However, it is now reported that Valdes will leave the club when his rehab is complete, given David De Gea is the club's undisputed number one goalkeeper.

This news will alert Liverpool who showed an interest in the former Spain number one previously.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill