SIMON MIGNOLET- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:58 pm

Those types of mistakes can happen, most keepers these days struggle to hold onto these modern flyaways and add an iffy pitch and a ball that bounces just short of the keeper to the equation and you've got all the ingredients for something to go wrong.
To be fair a lot of the time a defender reacts first and it all gets forgotten about but we are talking about a defence that's let in 29 goals already here.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby lakes10 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:22 pm

for once I don't blame him for that goal last night.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:49 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:58 pm wrote:Those types of mistakes can happen, most keepers these days struggle to hold onto these modern flyaways and add an iffy pitch and a ball that bounces just short of the keeper to the equation and you've got all the ingredients for something to go wrong.
To be fair a lot of the time a defender reacts first and it all gets forgotten about but we are talking about a defence that's let in 29 goals already here.

Those mistakes do happen and there was a bad bounce yeaterday but it happens too often with him and a better goalie would have coped better. We cannot keep making excuses for him, he is not a game saving goalie and with our defence we need one.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:04 pm

The goal was actually Toure's fault... what a pathetic clearance straight to an opponent's feet. I don't know how we are coaching defense but BR needs to really hire a new defensive coach. Our players seem to be so nervous in defense, there is no confidence at all. We need a midfield general and Gerrard is failing miserably at that. Gerrard was never a midfield general though and it is BR's fault for playing him every game and thinking he can be a DM at this age...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:29 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:58 pm wrote:Those types of mistakes can happen, most keepers these days struggle to hold onto these modern flyaways and add an iffy pitch and a ball that bounces just short of the keeper to the equation and you've got all the ingredients for something to go wrong.

I would have given him the benefit of the doubt if it was the odd mistake, but it isn't and he has done lots of errors since he joined us.

He isn't good enough it's as simple as that
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:08 pm

metalhead » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:29 pm wrote:

I would have given him the benefit of the doubt if it was the odd mistake, but it isn't and he has done lots of errors since he joined us.

He isn't good enough it's as simple as that

Absolutely agree MH.
where is the coaching though ? you buy a keeper and he cant catch a ball so you spend the time with him so he improves. I don't believe they are getting proper coaching at all seeing as they constantly commit the same errors.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:40 am

As easy as it would be to blame it all on Mig, we have to accept the organisation at the back (and defensive midfield) isn't there. None of our defenders communicate and they're like a bunch of strangers. I blame the coaching
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:48 am

I think Mignolet is all but done at this point and is simply keeping goal until we find a replacement.

The lad started ok but hasn't kicked on and in fact has declined quite dramatically.

We take chances with our recruitment with a low risk potentially high sell on but Mignolet simply isn't working out.

End of the day we will get as much back as we paid out at a guess which kind of justifies moneyball on this occasion.

Think they really wanted Begovic but the price was higher risk and that's Liverpools strategy in a nutshell.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:45 am

I found it difficult last season watching him as i could see from about January he was a flop. I was told I was clueless and all the yarda yarda about "giving him time too become world class". But my lines where more along the lines if If I can see it Rodgers can see it, no-way he'll be number one season. Sure enough, one of our weakest links is still number one this season and is again a massive part of the defensive issues this club had.

The lack of vision and ability to admit there was a mistake made here in the summer made me seriously question Rodgers credentials.

Even now some of the mistakes are so shockingly bad its embarrassing. It was clear he was only ever a downgrade on Pepe he's got to go. Part ex with Begovic? Who for what its worth is on £10,000 a week less playing for Stoke (45 miles down the road) wouldn't even have to move house... couldn't have been that hard to convince him to sign should it?
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:45 pm

Stu the Red » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:45 am wrote:I found it difficult last season watching him as i could see from about January he was a flop. I was told I was clueless and all the yarda yarda about "giving him time too become world class". But my lines where more along the lines if If I can see it Rodgers can see it, no-way he'll be number one season. Sure enough, one of our weakest links is still number one this season and is again a massive part of the defensive issues this club had.

The lack of vision and ability to admit there was a mistake made here in the summer made me seriously question Rodgers credentials.

Even now some of the mistakes are so shockingly bad its embarrassing. It was clear he was only ever a downgrade on Pepe he's got to go. Part ex with Begovic? Who for what its worth is on £10,000 a week less playing for Stoke (45 miles down the road) wouldn't even have to move house... couldn't have been that hard to convince him to sign should it?

Something else must have been going on. Last year the opposing teams rushed him whenever our defenders passed the ball back to him as if given instructions to do so by their managers. You will not get more "weak link" than that. He has been dodgy from day one and clearly a liability, so I cannot believe that Rodgers could not see it as everyone else could. Maybe we did go for Begovic and he turned us down because Rodgers is not that stupid surely.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:57 pm

Oh dear he was terrible this morning wasn't he. 

:down:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby kazza » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:48 am

Shockingly bad. we cannot keep gifting goals to the opposition. That stupid mis-pass brought the other team on and gave them confidence, you could see it. He was not even under pressure and then his positioning for the goal even though he had two players covering the far side of goal  :veryangry  he should never get beat at the near post at that angle. Laughable really! I am glad it goes down as an OG as the only player that should have got credit for that sh1t was him.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:17 am

Needs binning ASAP. Simply not good enough.

Push the boat out for Petr Cech.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby damjan193 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:27 pm

Are people really blaming him for the own goal? It was more Toure's mistakes than Mign's IMO. Bar from the horrible pass he had an OK game yesterday. Needs replacing with someone better though, I agree.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:27 pm

Put Jones in
Problem solved
:eyebrow
Thommo's perm

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion