Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:12 pm

six months ago after we beat city he was claiming gerrard was the best holding midfielder in europe  :wwww 
He is the one who dumped that blueprint he had and has us playing the way we are now, I would actually have more respect for him if he was playing that type of game even though results aren't going our way. At least he would be true to his beliefs rather than changing his mind on a whim like he does.

The man is full of it and his interviews are embarrassing along with his excuses.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:03 pm

red till i die!! » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:12 pm wrote:six months ago after we beat city he was claiming gerrard was the best holding midfielder in europe  :wwww 
He is the one who dumped that blueprint he had and has us playing the way we are now, I would actually have more respect for him if he was playing that type of game even though results aren't going our way. At least he would be true to his beliefs rather than changing his mind on a whim like he does.

The man is full of it and his interviews are embarrassing along with his excuses.

I totally agree with you RTID, he doesn't know if he is coming or going ATM and he's making mistake after mistake and moving further and further away from his original philosophy.
What I am saying though is once he sorts himself out and gets back to executing his original plan we will have a top manager on our hands again. ATM he's allowing himself to be sidetracked by issue's like how to handle Gerrards decline and who's got the say on transfers but he'll eventually sort things out.
His original philosophy is definitely the way forward, that's the way the game is heading mate and that's why we should stick with him.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby lakes10 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:44 pm

Brendan Rodgers has three weeks to save job, says Bruce Grobbelaar
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has three weeks to save his job, according to ex-Reds goalkeeper Bruce Grobbelaar.

Liverpool, who are 12th in the Premier League, have lost every game in November in all competitions.

"If he doesn't do anything in another three weeks, I think the Americans [owners Fenway Sports Group] could do something about it," Grobbelaar said.

"I have always backed Brendan Rodgers but quite frankly, lately, I am starting to slip away."

Liverpool have not won a game since defeating Swansea City in the League Cup on 28 October.

They are also winless in four matches in the Premier League, during which time they have drawn at home to Hull City and suffered successive defeats by Newcastle United, Chelsea and Crystal Palace.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:45 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30207831

I think Grobbelaar makes some very good points in this interview.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ballotelliman » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:18 pm

ive said from day 1 he doesnt have a plan b.  He looks totally lost out of his depth clueless no idea what to do. i bet training is the exact same since day 1 aswell.  Been really impressed with koeman  but we should of got conte from juventus when he left to late now.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby mramo » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:51 pm

I agree. No Plan B whatsoever. Terrible signings and waste of transfer funds a lot like Dalglish. The owners have been totally naive trusting Rodgers with transfer money. A technical director would have been a good call for Rodgers to work under to plan for uncertainties and to react quicker when required to make change to game approach.

Rodgers is failing to fill big shoes and afraid to say this but his time is soon up.
mramo

Postby eds » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:51 am

lakes10 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:44 pm wrote:Brendan Rodgers has three weeks to save job, says Bruce Grobbelaar
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has three weeks to save his job, according to ex-Reds goalkeeper Bruce Grobbelaar.

Liverpool, who are 12th in the Premier League, have lost every game in November in all competitions.

"If he doesn't do anything in another three weeks, I think the Americans [owners Fenway Sports Group] could do something about it," Grobbelaar said.

"I have always backed Brendan Rodgers but quite frankly, lately, I am starting to slip away."

Liverpool have not won a game since defeating Swansea City in the League Cup on 28 October.

They are also winless in four matches in the Premier League, during which time they have drawn at home to Hull City and suffered successive defeats by Newcastle United, Chelsea and Crystal Palace.

Yep, he is not wrong and same thing I pointed out a few days ago.

Our next three league games are against Stoke, Leicester and Sunderland all very, very winnable games.

I think if Rodgers can't win at least 2 of these, he will be asked to f**k off.

I think we will know once the team sheet comes out against Stoke whether he has a future at our club.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:11 am

This man is Woy all over again...
Post match interview just confirmed it for me. "An excellent performance....we need to stop conceding silly goals.. "
Is he a plant or something? Are we victims of a conspiracy of epic proportion?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby eds » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:20 am

bunglemark2 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:11 am wrote:This man is Woy all over again...
Post match interview just confirmed it for me. "An excellent performance....we need to stop conceding silly goals.. "
Is he a plant or something? Are we victims of a conspiracy of epic proportion?

I stopped listening to him a while ago Buggles.

He should become a politician because all he does is talk rubbish and deliver nothing.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Reg » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:41 am

If you want to get BR out Eds you'll have to expand your one man crusade outside of this forum.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:53 am

No matter what combination of defenders we use, the defence as a whole is pretty shocking. That's individually, collectively and includes the goal keeper and midfield cover.

Don't think i am being too harsh when i say it looks completely devoid of organisation and leadership. The blame solely has to go to the coaching setup.

We can blame the owners for being naive for thinking that they can implement their baseball theories to soccer, we can blame the transfer committee for signing too many average players....etc. But when Tony Pulis can come in and make crystal palace defence (who are average players) look like world beaters ..... You have to ask questions on the coaching set-up we have here.

I can seriously see us being caught up in a relegation battle if things don't pick up.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonna » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:02 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:41 pm wrote:We have to go back to that style of play that we were playing 3 years ago.

BR has to go back and look at videos of last season as we are miles away from what bought us success and nearly the title.
tonna
LFC Basic Member

Postby Kopite-Jud » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:37 am

Last night I have seen a side to him I've never seen. He was infuriated/ agitated and kicking water bottles down the line.

He came out and said we were good?

The two goals conceded were totally avoidable.

The pressure of the job is clearly getting to him
Kopite-Jud

Postby Santa » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:08 am

Reg » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:41 am wrote:If you want to get BR out Eds you'll have to expand your one man crusade outside of this forum.

If you think this is a one man crusade, then you're seriously deluded. While I don't think the need for knee jerk reaction, but the results thus far showed me a man that the club should not trust with large transfer funds and to bring the club forward. I believe there are better candidates out there with a much proven pedigree for this role. The man is seriously in denial and he have no idea on how to fix things without slightly hurting his ego. He happily swallow up all the accolades last season so this must be a reality check to many of us who thought we finally have a forward looking manager...and now this shit
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:22 am

The_Rock » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:53 am wrote:No matter what combination of defenders we use, the defence as a whole is pretty shocking. That's individually, collectively and includes the goal keeper and midfield cover.

Don't think i am being too harsh when i say it looks completely devoid of organisation and leadership. The blame solely has to go to the coaching setup.

We can blame the owners for being naive for thinking that they can implement their baseball theories to soccer, we can blame the transfer committee for signing too many average players....etc. But when Tony Pulis can come in and make crystal palace defence (who are average players) look like world beaters ..... You have to ask questions on the coaching set-up we have here.

I can seriously see us being caught up in a relegation battle if things don't pick up.

The defence is a serious concern, we have conceded 29 goals in all competitions so far and we are still only in November, if we carry on at this rate we'll end up conceding 70-80 goals this season.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion