Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby C-R » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:02 pm

Liverpool have set their sights on German international Lars Bender as Brendan Rodgers seeks to strengthen his Anfield squad in January according to CalcioMercato.

Rodgers may feel that his side lacks real steel in the middle of the park with Brazilian Lucas seemingly being surplus to requirements and the likes of Steven Gerrard and Joe Allen failing to muster up a consistent run of form.

Bayer Leverkusen battler Bender may be the ideal man for the job and the 25-year-old may be open to a high-profile switch to the Premier League.

Bender is into his fourth season in the BayArena first team set-up and is a pivotal member of Roger Schmidt's squad so one imagines it would take a hefty bid to land the midfielder.

Liverpool may feel the need to spend in January to help retain the club's involvement in the Champions League, knowing that a coveted top four spot is crucial, and though Rodgers spent a great deal over the summer the lion's share of those funds were covered by the sale of Luis Suarez to Barcelona.

Source: CaughtOffside.com
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:03 pm

Liverpool and Manchester United have been given their biggest boost yet in their pursuit of Bayern Munich's Xherdan Shaqiri.

The Swiss international has been a long term target for both clubs, and a move to the Premier League looks closer than ever after Bayern Munich president Franz Beckenbauer revealed that the 23-year-old will be allowed to leave the German giants in January.

"Bayern have already sent out a signal and indicated to him that he can probably go in the winter break, when he wants," he said.

Shaqiri has found his playing time severely restricted at the Allianz Arena, and Beckenbauer believes that if a player want to leave, then he should leave.

"Personally, I want players who want to stay here with us, for me if a player doesn't want to be here then it's right he go to another club," he said.

"I think it's a shame because he is a great talent."

Source: Metro
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:02 pm

Bayern Munich boss Pep Guardiola is ready to loan out out Swiss star Xherdan Shaqiri in January.

They want a £1.5m loan fee and are ready to set up a deal with a £12m option permanent deal next summer. Arsenal, Napoli and Atletico Madrid have all been sounded out as Shaqiri looks for more regular games.

Liverpool have also been strongly linked with the 23-year-old wide man in recent transfer windows.

Shaqiri has seen his first-team chances limited by the form of Arjen Robben, Franck Ribery and Thomas Muller in front of him.

But a chance at an extended run of games in the Premier League would surely appeal to the versatile attacker despite widespread interest from across Europe.

Source: Daily Mirror
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:05 pm

why would we want Shaqiri... not the area we should be improving... such as:

1. GK
2. CM
3. ST
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:30 pm

I agree with you maguk mate, just posting what the papers are saying

I would like to see us going for these 4

GK: Asmir Begovic
CM: William Carvalho
AM: Marco Reus
CF: Jackson Martinez

realistically I think we could get Begovic but not sure on the other 3
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:13 pm

cardiff-red » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:30 pm wrote:I agree with you maguk mate, just posting what the papers are saying

Not sure we will get any of those
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:38 pm

kazza » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:13 pm wrote:
cardiff-red » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:30 pm wrote:I agree with you maguk mate, just posting what the papers are saying

Probably a bit over the top on my part mate, Christmas is coming, no harm in having a wish  :D

Who would you like to see join btw ?
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:42 pm

If the fat man with the beard is listening .......Icardi , Carvalho, Clyne and Cech
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:51 pm

Didn't Reus just bust his ankle and out for a few months. Not sure we'd go near him in January.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:59 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:42 pm wrote:If the fat man with the beard is listening .......Icardi , Carvalho, Clyne and Cech

Oh yeh, forgot about Petr Cech - wouldnt mind him or Begovic tbh, even brad jones would be an improvement on simple simon atm tbh

agree with Carvalho (he was on my list) he is a real beast of a player, clyne not sure about tbh although anyone would be an improvment on Glenda

Never seen Icardi play, read good things about him, but always worries me signing players from the Italian league (i know hes an argie) as we seem to always get lemons
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:27 pm

cardiff-red » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:59 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:42 pm wrote:If the fat man with the beard is listening .......Icardi , Carvalho, Clyne and Cech

Oh yeh, forgot about Petr Cech - wouldnt mind him or Begovic tbh, even brad jones would be an improvement on simple simon atm tbh

agree with Carvalho (he was on my list) he is a real beast of a player, clyne not sure about tbh although anyone would be an improvment on Glenda

Never seen Icardi play, read good things about him, but always worries me signing players from the Italian league (i know hes an argie) as we seem to always get lemons

Here's a glimpse of Chelsea's or Cities next big signing

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:35 pm

To improve this side it will take big money,

Id love pedro here think he can have a smilar impact that Sanchez has had at Arsenal.

With Lovren,Skrtel,Toure,Sakho all first team players believe it or not do you think the owners will sanction a move for another CB without one going out ?

If we are lucky I think we will bring in one player in january

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:43 pm

LFC1990 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:35 pm wrote:To improve this side it will take big money,

Id love pedro here think he can have a smilar impact that Sanchez has had at Arsenal.

With Lovren,Skrtel,Toure,Sakho all first team players believe it or not do you think the owners will sanction a move for another CB without one going out ?

If we are lucky I think we will bring in one player in january

Sakho's reaction to being seen as a first team player ,while Rodgers is still manager  :D

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:29 am

cardiff-red » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:38 pm wrote:
kazza » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:13 pm wrote:

Probably a bit over the top on my part mate, Christmas is coming, no harm in having a wish  :D

Who would you like to see join btw ?

Frankly any of those but I am losing faith in the players that actually come in. Since it's Christmas and the way things are going for us I'd say Ba humbug  :D
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:36 am

Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United have been told that Yohan Cabaye is available for £19m in January with Paris Saint-Germain ready to cut their losses on the former Newcastle midfielder.

The French international was a hot property when he left St James' Park less than 12 months ago but has only featured sporadically under Laurent Blanc.

And reports in France suggest that the Ligue 1 club are now ready to let Cabaye leave in the upcoming transfer window as long as they recoup what they spent on him last January.

That could spark something of a transfer scramble in England, with Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United all believed to be interested in bringing the 28-year-old back to the Premier League.

The Gunners are thought to be slight favourites given their need for a defensive midfield, but the former Lille man will not be short of suitors.

Earlier this month, former Newcastle star Olivier Bernard suggested that Cabaye would certainly be making a return to Britain in January.

He told the Newcastle Chronicle: "Yohan did not join PSG with any guarantees that he would be starting games and the problem for him is that when he has been playing or starting, he's been struggling to really make the sort of impact that he made with Newcastle.

"He will be back in England in January, absolutely no doubt.

"He will come back to the Premier League and he will already be looking for a club to join that will get him the games that he needs to guarantee him a place in the France squad."

"Will that be with Newcastle? Well you can never rule anything out in football, but they will be very lucky to get him in January.

"If they do it will probably mean that there isn't an offer from one of the clubs that is playing in the Champions League."

Source: Daily Express
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill