Mario Balotelli

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:58 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:38 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:59 am wrote:There is only one person to blame yakka and It isn't gerrard. Our midfield is the problem and he only makes up part of it. We have no ball winners in that side and gerrard seems to be the only one who can win a tackle albeit not at full pace. coutinho can't, sterling can't, lallana definately cant, neither can sideshow joe or hendo. when your midfield cant win a tackle it puts more pressure on your defence. replacing gerrard isn't going to solve that problem and tbh the likes of ibe, markovic origi aren't going to boost us in that department either. There is hope for can but again he isn't going to do it on his own. His signings are littered with weaklings who are supposed to pass it around everything in order to avoid challenges and thats why every single midfield we come up against walks through us.

The problem is  the manager and some fans still unfathomably view Gerrard as an intrinsic part of this Liverpool team ,and he's quite clearly not ,nor should he be ....How
a defensive midfielder can finish a game without  affording one solitary tackle or interception is frankly an entry worthy for the pages of ' Ripley's Believe it or not'

Every time I see the team line up inclusive of Gerrard I cringe with embarrassment over the inevitable outcome ,people need to wake up ! If Rodgers dropped Gerrard
we would see infinitely less of the equally hapless Johnson ,as the two are f*cking entwined in the mess we find ourselves in.

I don't see the solution as dropping him but instead playing him in a role that suits his style, i.e. in an attacking role. The brief flash of insight this season was when Rodgers played Gerrard behind Balotelli and for a period of that half we saw the Gerrard of old using his skills to take up decent positions and feed Balotelli with the service he requires.

My plea to Rodgers would be to find an attacking role for Gerrard, as limited as it might be.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:23 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:38 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:59 am wrote:There is only one person to blame yakka and It isn't gerrard. Our midfield is the problem and he only makes up part of it. We have no ball winners in that side and gerrard seems to be the only one who can win a tackle albeit not at full pace. coutinho can't, sterling can't, lallana definately cant, neither can sideshow joe or hendo. when your midfield cant win a tackle it puts more pressure on your defence. replacing gerrard isn't going to solve that problem and tbh the likes of ibe, markovic origi aren't going to boost us in that department either. There is hope for can but again he isn't going to do it on his own. His signings are littered with weaklings who are supposed to pass it around everything in order to avoid challenges and thats why every single midfield we come up against walks through us.

The problem is  the manager and some fans still unfathomably view Gerrard as an intrinsic part of this Liverpool team ,and he's quite clearly not ,nor should he be ....How
a defensive midfielder can finish a game without  affording one solitary tackle or interception is frankly an entry worthy for the pages of ' Ripley's Believe it or not'

Every time I see the team line up inclusive of Gerrard I cringe with embarrassment over the inevitable outcome ,people need to wake up ! If Rodgers dropped Gerrard
we would see infinitely less of the equally hapless Johnson ,as the two are f*cking entwined in the mess we find ourselves in.

Few fans view gerrard in that light RBG.
He's a defensive midfielder because our amazing manager decided it was the perfect role for him. It isnt the fans who picks the team either.
Still my point was that removing gerrard isn't going to instantly sort out the mess due to the reason's I said in above post.
I heard a stat from that game the other day and it was something like the whole team had only won 1 tackle up till 60th or 70th min.

With gerrard its simple, either he goes or rodgers does and that's the only way he won't be a resident in that team.
As for the hapless one  :D  That's grounds alone for losing your job
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:31 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:58 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:38 pm wrote:

I don't see the solution as dropping him but instead playing him in a role that suits his style, i.e. in an attacking role. The brief flash of insight this season was when Rodgers played Gerrard behind Balotelli and for a period of that half we saw the Gerrard of old using his skills to take up decent positions and feed Balotelli with the service he requires.

My plea to Rodgers would be to find an attacking role for Gerrard, as limited as it might be.

Bringing him on with 25 - 30 minutes to go would be ideal and would definately get the better out of him. If he does leave then thats the role he will be getting at his next club so should get used to it now.
Agree he did link up well with balotelli and for now it would be something worth trying if rodger's hasn't the nuts to drop him completely.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:58 pm

That's the only way we will get any use out of Stevie and for him to walk out of this club in the highest regard.

Play him behind an attack with 25 minutes left. We have Can who is so suited to Gerrards role

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:39 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:58 pm wrote:I don't see the solution as dropping him but instead playing him in a role that suits his style, i.e. in an attacking role. The brief flash of insight this season was when Rodgers played Gerrard behind Balotelli and for a period of that half we saw the Gerrard of old using his skills to take up decent positions and feed Balotelli with the service he requires.

I've gone with that shout so many times I'm hoarse mate ,lets face it ,Rodgers is never going to concede any ground regarding Gerrard's supposed influence on our
game ,neither is he about to move him forward from the position he has designed specifically for Gerrard's ailing limbs ....Its such obstinate refusals to accept the
obvious that galls me so much ,and why I just want him out of the team and replaced with someone who is able to read an opponents approach play with a bit more
nous and applies himself to quelling the attacking threat of our opponents ....Gerrard simply does not possess that defensive mindset ,and he never will.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ballotelliman » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:08 pm

rumours circulating manuel pellegrini wants to bring back mario to the ethiad and is willing to pay 30 million plus sergio augerro to seal the deal anyone think its a good deal?
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby LFC1990 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:05 am

This must be a wind up post surely

1) We paid 16 M how has his stock risen from the performances he has given
2) Why would man city Prefer Balotelli to Aguero
3) Why would they offer both 30m and Aguero when they could probably offer us around 10m and we would accept it
4) Why would Man city want him back at the club, Bearing in mind they have 3 strikers a lot better than him

LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:34 am

There's always one who falls for it.......
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:36 am

LFC1990 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:05 am wrote:This must be a wind up post surely

3) Why would they offer both 30m and Aguero when they could probably offer us around 10m and we would accept it
4) Why would Man city want him back at the club, Bearing in mind they have 3 strikers a lot better than him

Hook, line and sinker...
:D
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:19 am

red till i die!! » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:59 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:45 pm wrote:Some people were blaming Balotelli for all our woes though when our problems clearly ran deeper than just him.
The little triangle at the heart of our team where Gerrard sits just in front of Lovren and Skrtel is an Achilles heel that even the weakest sides in the division have found it easy to exploit.
The core of a good young side is there, we have the likes of Sturridge, Sterling, Coutinho, Ibe, Lallana, Markovic, Moreno, Ilorri, Origi, Henderson, Manquillo, Can and also the likes of Suso, Wisdom, Rossiter and this Chirivella lad that Real Madrid wants to sign on our books.
Instead of blaming them Rodgers needs to start playing them. Those players seem taylor made for his blueprint but Rodgers can't see past the old guard. What have we got to lose?

There is only one person to blame yakka and It isn't gerrard. Our midfield is the problem and he only makes up part of it. We have no ball winners in that side and gerrard seems to be the only one who can win a tackle albeit not at full pace. coutinho can't, sterling can't, lallana definately cant, neither can sideshow joe or hendo. when your midfield cant win a tackle it puts more pressure on your defence. replacing gerrard isn't going to solve that problem and tbh the likes of ibe, markovic origi aren't going to boost us in that department either. There is hope for can but again he isn't going to do it on his own. His signings are littered with weaklings who are supposed to pass it around everything in order to avoid challenges and thats why every single midfield we come up against walks through us.

I agree, it is the manager who is to blame after all Gerrard doesn't pick himself and I have said countless times that Rodgers needs to man the f**k up.
To be fair to Rodgers though there are extenuating circumstances, managing the decline of probably the best player in our 120 year history was always going to be tough no matter who was in charge. For an inexperienced manager not much older than Gerrard himself doubly tough.
What is obviously not helping is that from the outside looking in Gerrard doesn't want to take a lesser role, he quit England so he could continue playing regularly for us and only yesterday Brendan said that Steven is convinced he can play 3 games in a week, we've also had the manouverings in the press about a new contract and even statements about being prepared to go somewhere else if he doesn't get a new contract here. That doesn't sound like someone on the verge of hanging them up.

Brendan obviously doesn't want to fall out with Gerrard because everyone connected with this club looks up to him, he's pulled us out of the shyte so many times over the last decade it's impossible not to, there were times in the past when we were playing sides packed full of top players and Gerrard was near enough taking them on on his own and let's not forget he turned down the opportunity of being the highest paid player on the face of the planet and a hat full of medals to stay with us. The truth is though Gerrard will get his reward for that once he stops playing, for the rest of his life he will be revered, even when he is 70 years old he will have people who are not even born yet who will have tears of pride in their eyes watching grainy images of him leading the fight back in Istanbul and rescuing FA cup finals with seconds left on the clock.

Gerrard has done his job for this club, when the going got tough he didn't throw the towel in he went that extra yard, it's time Brendan took a leaf out of Gerrards book and did his own job too. As great as Gerrard is the main thing here is the football club, the only way names like Alex Raisbeck, Elisha Scott, Billy Liddell, Kevin Keegan, Emlyn Hughes, Kenny Dalglish and Bob Paisley and Bill Shankly will be remembered forever is by keeping this club relevant. To remain relevant we need managers to make decisions in the best interests of the club, not individuals, no matter how great they are.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:27 am

bunglemark2 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:36 am wrote:
LFC1990 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:05 am wrote:This must be a wind up post surely

Hook, line and sinker...
:D

Come on lads LFC1990 presumably is only 24. The poor lad was born just after we had finished ruling the world of football  :laugh:  He has 2005 and very little else. CAN'T BLAME HIM IF HE IS SO DESPERATE THAT HE WANTS TO TRY AND BELIEVE ANY OLD BOLLUX REGARDLESS OF HOW OBSCURE IT MAY BE !!! Tell you what I'm trying to convince myself that it is true  :laugh: Aguero is injury prone and a bit of a lightweight when all said and done  :D
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:35 am

The thing is i didnt believe it i was questioning whether balotelliman was trying to wind us all up

it came the day after aguero hit a hatrick against bayern as well

LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Kopite-Jud » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:42 am

Ay LFC1990

If you spell Balotelli backwards it spells Aguro.

Also if you write oranges on a piece of paper and sniff up at the same time, it actually smells like oranges.

:wwww
Kopite-Jud

Postby LFC1990 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:47 am

Ill be the butt of the jokes if it makes us Liverpool fans a little merrier during our miserable time

LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:17 pm

LFC1990 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:47 am wrote:Ill be the butt of the jokes if it makes us Liverpool fans a little merrier during our miserable time

*snicker* You said 'butt'
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion