SIMON MIGNOLET- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:12 pm

He is as blind as a bat, his lack of vision for a pass and then his attempt at execution is awful. Not even going to mention his "goalkeeping"
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:25 pm

Stu the Red » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:12 pm wrote:He is as blind as a bat, his lack of vision for a pass and then his attempt at execution is awful. Not even going to mention his "goalkeeping"

We are being heavily linked with Asmir Begovic again this weekend, lets hope we can get him
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:43 pm

A commanding goalkeeper really is a must for a side with our aspirations. Migs has been in good form (for him) recently, but his failures as a goalkeeper aren't often directly seen. They appear symptomaticlly like a wave through the team. It's really quite political, like a sphere of influence. Mignolet's sphere of influence doesn't even extend to the edge of the box whilst a world class goalkeeper would command practically his whole half of the pitch allowing a team to push higher up on the attack and defence.
Migs should have been brought in as an understudy and allowed to learn and also having the healthy road of challenging another GK for the gloves.
I fear we've ruined yet another 'keeper.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:31 pm

I pity any keeper that has to work with that defence ,I actually think Mignolet has performed well enough in his last two games ,but the protection he receives
is minimal to say the least !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:15 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:31 pm wrote:I pity any keeper that has to work with that defence ,I actually think Mignolet has performed well enough in his last two games ,but the protection he receives

He did well the last couple of games I agree. Thing is, he's a good stopper. Not commanding enough though and as you said, the 4 in front of him do him no favors. If we have a chance of bringing in a better GK then we should certainly press ahead with it. Overall this season Mignolet has been disappointing.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:02 pm

aCe' » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:15 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:31 pm wrote:I pity any keeper that has to work with that defence ,I actually think Mignolet has performed well enough in his last two games ,but the protection he receives

He did well the last couple of games I agree. Thing is, he's a good stopper. Not commanding enough though and as you said, the 4 in front of him do him no favors. If we have a chance of bringing in a better GK then we should certainly press ahead with it. Overall this season Mignolet has been disappointing.

We need other options betwixt the sticks ,that much is without question ,but right now he is performing well in a position that given the hapless four in front would
be a thankless task for any keeper.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:08 pm

He's nowhere near our biggest issue ATM
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:16 am

Would that be Gerrard by any chance?

:yawn
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Dundreamin is back » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:27 am

Mingolet is a total liability,have you noticed how anxious the crowd gets when he has to distribute a ball? He inspires no confidence whatsoever,so being a defender it's not unusual they get jittery and having s.*i*e defenders in the first place doesn't help. Is it any wonder we are only 5pts off the bottom 4 and if my memory serves me right about 7 off the top 4.
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Reg » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:30 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:08 am wrote:He's nowhere near our biggest issue ATM

Agree 100%. Far more pressing issues elsewhere on the field.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:39 am

The most pressing issue is the "manager" the rest the issues won't sort themselves out. The goalkeeper is However a major long standing issue since the flop came in, it will not change with him being first choice. Can't believe the acceptance for rubbish on these boards lately
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:08 pm

Grobbelaar's assessment of Mignolet

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30201769
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:40 am

for the love of God can we get rid of him, he is hands down the worst keeper i have ever seen as our first choice keeper. Mignolet is abysmal and has nothing to his game other than a few camera saves when he can rely on his reactions. Tonight is the final straw and if Rodgers cant see that this guy is pitiful then there is no hope for him either.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:10 am

Seriously how much is he being paid to catch a ball a couple of days in a week?

Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:12 pm

The ball did take a wicked bounce but that was not good enough. I proper keeper would have dealt with it. Problem with our keeper, he sucks team moral and winning spirit with his ridiculous mistakes.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion