Liverpool V Crystal Palace - Sunday 23rd Nov 1.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby C-R » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:05 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:55 pm wrote:According to journo's at Selhurst Park Rodgers is very, very low. They've never seen him so down.

and how the f*ck does he think us the fans feel  :censored:

he has ***** 200 million pounds on ***** and we hover 4 points above the relegation zone
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:09 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:55 pm wrote:According to journo's at Selhurst Park Rodgers is very, very low. They've never seen him so down. Apparently he said something about being not so arrogant as to believe that his job is safe.
Rodgers needs to realise that these players who he keeps persisting with won't give a ***** when he has been sacked, they'll be best mates with the new manager and he'll be yesterday's news.

Just viewed his post match interview and he says the team are all lacking confidence ,and its a young team with young players who need to do better.  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:17 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:35 pm

bang on the money, sadly.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:49 pm

These owners are business men they backed Rodgers and if they don't think we are where we should be them they wont think twice about replacing him

Frank de boer from Ajax would be fantastic

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:17 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:55 pm wrote:According to journo's at Selhurst Park Rodgers is very, very low. They've never seen him so down. Apparently he said something about being not so arrogant as to believe that his job is safe.

He is being arrogant by sticking to the very same system although he should have known that it is not working, and by being stubborn by sticking to players who gave us shit on the pitch. He got carried away after the success of last season, and now that Suarez is no longer here, his Get Out Of Jail card has expired.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:23 pm

Been hearing about strong words being exchanged in the dressing room after the match...

That was a shambles all around and Rodgers needs to figure things out very soon or his job will be in danger... He's already indicated as much in his conference.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:32 pm

LFC1990 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:49 pm wrote:These owners are business men they backed Rodgers and if they don't think we are where we should be them they wont think twice about replacing him

And he'll arrive here in awe of Steven Gerrard and we'll be back at square one again. Rodgers is a great coach, some of the stuff we played last year and during the latter half of his first season was literally some of the best footy I've seen any Liverpool side play.
Rodgers problem is that he has allowed himself to drift away from his own blueprint, he's tweaked his philosophy to appease the bigger names within the squad but that could all change pretty soon if results continue like this. You can't tell me that tempers won't be fraying behind the scene's given our recent run of results, he must be seriously considering going back to his original plan.
IMO Rodgers core philosophy is the right way forward, if we sacked him I'm convinced he'd go to another club without the level of dressing room politics that you get at Anfield and turn them into a top, top side. As bad as this run is I'd stick with him until he finds his way again.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Santa » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:47 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:32 pm wrote:
LFC1990 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:49 pm wrote:These owners are business men they backed Rodgers and if they don't think we are where we should be them they wont think twice about replacing him

And he'll arrive here in awe of Steven Gerrard and we'll be back at square one again. Rodgers is a great coach, some of the stuff we played last year and during the latter half of his first season was literally some of the best footy I've seen any Liverpool side play.
Rodgers problem is that he has allowed himself to drift away from his own blueprint, he's tweaked his philosophy to appease the bigger names within the squad but that could all change pretty soon if results continue like this. You can't tell me that tempers won't be fraying behind the scene's given our recent run of results, he must be seriously considering going back to his original plan.
IMO Rodgers core philosophy is the right way forward, if we sacked him I'm convinced he'd go to another club without the level of dressing room politics that you get at Anfield and turn them into a top, top side. As bad as this run is I'd stick with him until he finds his way again.

I can agree with you Yakka...the footy we played this year are so different than what we see last season. Sure we lost Luis and missed Daniel but our build up are so slow and the pressing and attacking play that we witness last season are gone now.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:00 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:09 pm wrote:
Rodgers needs to realise that these players who he keeps persisting with won't give a ***** when he has been sacked, they'll be best mates with the new manager and he'll be yesterday's news.

Just viewed his post match interview and he says the team are all lacking confidence ,and its a young team with young players who need to do better.  ???

Well that says it all, if anyone is hoping he is going to change things then think again, he's putting the blame on the younger players and who were they on the pitch, Manquillo, sterling and Coutinho and if he thinks they were the problem then we are seriously fooked.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:06 pm

aCe' » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:23 pm wrote:Been hearing about strong words being exchanged in the dressing room after the match...

That was a shambles all around and Rodgers needs to figure things out very soon or his job will be in danger... He's already indicated as much in his conference.

He's been hovering on the cusp of precarious for a while now ,but if I'm honest he's' currently disappearing over the edge. Where did you hear about the dissension in the
dressing room ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:08 pm

Can totally agree with what carra  is saying.

What I can't understand is that even with all those creative players we seem  unable to string a basic amount of passes together.  Players seem static and uninterested in trying to turn the game or even get into the game.

I don't know the answer but we need to change something drastically and quickly.  Our stale footy is predictable and teams just seem  to roll over us in every position.

Our midfield in whatever combination lacks defensive, attacking and any desire to take the game by the scruff.

Our defence is remarkable...... And not in a good way, nowt else to say but we need some sort of defensive coach to come in a and reboot us.

Forwards? What forward line.  We don't have one.  We have players making up the numbers and without sturridge we are impotent.

Worried..... Properly worried.  It's gonna take a worldy to turn our season round,  I would f*ck the CL off and anything else.  Our priority is getting a team together that's not going to be relegation fodder, as at the moment that's all we are.
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:19 pm

We had 2 world class strikers last year in Sturridge and Suarez and the rest of the players battled every ball and showed passion throughout the season. We are missing the 2 upfront, they are a massive loss ... not just for the goals, but for the movement aswell. We are now slow in possession, no one shows for the ball, and we are not closing down quick enough.

BR has brought in players no better than we already have..
We needed world class players not squad fillers!! We have done the same thing Spurs did last year and we mocked them for it.

Embarrassing
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:29 pm

RedSi35 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:08 pm wrote:Can totally agree with what carra  is saying.

What I can't understand is that even with all those creative players we seem  unable to string a basic amount of passes together.  Players seem static and uninterested in trying to turn the game or even get into the game.

I don't know the answer but we need to change something drastically and quickly.  Our stale footy is predictable and teams just seem  to roll over us in every position.

Our midfield in whatever combination lacks defensive, attacking and any desire to take the game by the scruff.

Our defence is remarkable...... And not in a good way, nowt else to say but we need some sort of defensive coach to come in a and reboot us.

Forwards? What forward line.  We don't have one.  We have players making up the numbers and without sturridge we are impotent.

Worried..... Properly worried.  It's gonna take a worldy to turn our season round,  I would f*ck the CL off and anything else.  Our priority is getting a team together that's not going to be relegation fodder, as at the moment that's all we are.

Don't agree with your comment about the midfield, it hasn't looked too bad against RM away and against Swansea in the LC. The problem with the midfield us Gerrard it's just so porous with him at DM, way past time he warmed the bench. I would drop Gerrard, Skrtel, Johnson and would rather have a striker from the reserves than the two we had in the squad today
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:04 pm

Heard relegation/relegation fight mentioned a few times in a few posts. Now I know things are bad at the moment and can potentially get worse, but seriously relegation? Maybe it is just the emotion taking over, but to think we will finish behind some of the ***** in this league over a course of a season, I really do find mind boggling
Doeboy

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games