Mignolet, Skrtel, Johnson, Lucas, Borini, Lambert & Gerrard

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:16 pm

None of these lads are good enough and my aunt Aida would make a better DM than Gerrard. 

We're in trouble this season lads and unless BR does something soon we'll pushed back 2 or 3 years as a club. Grow a pair BR or get the feck out.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:13 pm

Mingolet isn't Ray Clemence but I don't think he's a liability either, okay he shanked a clearance today but it went out for a throw at the half way line, it didn't go straight to one of their strikers. Lucas could turn out to be a useful DM as well, it's just that he can't play in the same team as Gerrard.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ballotelliman » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:18 pm

i got a great idea go to real sociead and be moyes number 2 ul be happy there no 4-4-2 ever and ucan play all ur ticky tacka footie to your hearts content
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:25 pm

Sadly, it all reminds me of the Graeme Souness era...average players getting into the first 11, just because they're fit. It's not good enough.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ballotelliman » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:45 pm

i remember when he first joined us getting rid of carroll was weird then after a month or so i thought this guy hasnt got a plan B HE PLAYS ONE WAY TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT. 2 years later it the exact same thing. Look at the madrid game i thought here we go finally  new master plan resting all the players gona shock mourinho. Did absolutely nothing different absolute joke.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby mart » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:41 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:16 pm wrote:None of these lads are good enough and my aunt Aida would make a better DM than Gerrard. 

We're in trouble this season lads and unless BR does something soon we'll pushed back 2 or 3 years as a club. Grow a pair BR or get the feck out.

Why complain about Johnson/Lucas/Borini and Lambert when they hardly play?
Skrtel has been a better CB than Lovren so far this season.

Why do we keep playing Gerrard as a DM when he clearly isnt suited for the role? Its not really Gerrards fault that he is asked to play there.

It will take a lot more to fix this team than ship out a few benchwarmers.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:19 pm

mart » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:41 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:16 pm wrote:None of these lads are good enough and my aunt Aida would make a better DM than Gerrard. 

Why complain about Johnson/Lucas/Borini and Lambert when they hardly play?
Skrtel has been a better CB than Lovren so far this season.

Why do we keep playing Gerrard as a DM when he clearly isnt suited for the role? Its not really Gerrards fault that he is asked to play there.

It will take a lot more to fix this team than ship out a few benchwarmers.

You say they're bench warmers, yet MIg, Johnson and Skittles start every match. Lucas should have been shown the door in the summer (yet has been retained) and today Borini and Lambert formed our strike force.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:50 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:13 am wrote:Mingolet isn't Ray Clemence but I don't think he's a liability either, okay he shanked a clearance today but it went out for a throw at the half way line, it didn't go straight to one of their strikers. Lucas could turn out to be a useful DM as well, it's just that he can't play in the same team as Gerrard.

And they had the ball in the back of our net within 30 seconds. Throw-in, cross, goal.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:01 pm

ethanr » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:50 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:13 am wrote:Mingolet isn't Ray Clemence but I don't think he's a liability either, okay he shanked a clearance today but it went out for a throw at the half way line, it didn't go straight to one of their strikers. Lucas could turn out to be a useful DM as well, it's just that he can't play in the same team as Gerrard.

And they had the ball in the back of our net within 30 seconds. Throw-in, cross, goal.

The throw in was at the half way line and we had 11 men behind the ball and set in defensive positions, can't blame the keeper for that
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:38 pm

Mignolet - Decent midtable keeper. Not rubbish but not great either. Has some serious deficiencies which will prevent him from ever mixing it with the best in the league.

Skrtel - Again, decent enough midtable defender. Will never be amongst the best in the league but will do a half decent job for a mid table club.

Johnson - Not got the mentality of a top player. Quite happy to play in his comfort zone and not challenge himself to improve or push on as a player. Was capable of a decent performance amongst a sea of averageness a few years ago,  now it's just average and poor.

Lucas - Not looked the same since his serious knee injury. Tidy enough up player but never reall pushed on for me.

Borini - Too lightweight for English football. Can be easily subdued and kept out the game.

Lambert - Game and gives you something different. As back up to two quality strikers - yes. Do you want him starting a large number of games in your season - no

Gerrard - Has been a fantastic player for us but should not be starting every game. His game was always dynamic, getting about the pitch and making things happen.  His body does not allow him to do that now so should be selective about the games he starts and great option off the bench to.
Doeboy

Postby ethanr » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:56 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:01 pm wrote:
ethanr » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:50 pm wrote:

The throw in was at the half way line and we had 11 men behind the ball and set in defensive positions, can't blame the keeper for that

it was well in front of the half line, but that's besides the point. The point is that he continually puts us in positions that end up in the back of our net.

It also went directly through his legs. I don't care what the situation is, a keeper should never get scored on like that.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:27 pm

Keepers get nutmegged quite frequently though and besides Ledley was about 7 yards out and totally unmarked, if Mingolet would have managed to keep it out it would have been a great save. If you are looking for someone to carry the can for that goal then you should be looking at Lovren and Gerrard, in that order.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby mart » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:05 am

7_Kewell » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:19 pm wrote:You say they're bench warmers, yet MIg, Johnson and Skittles start every match. Lucas should have been shown the door in the summer (yet has been retained) and today Borini and Lambert formed our strike force.

Mig and Skrtel have played most matches yes. Lucas has hardly played and borini/lambert are only playing because the rest of our strikers are injured.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Kopite-Jud » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:23 am

Mignolet - sh!t I can't think of a worse keeper in the league.

Skrtel - alright at attacking corners, can't do anything else.

Johnson - Sh1t.. Just sh1t

Lucas - our best DM who never plays, hasn't had a decent run in the team since knee injury.

Gerrard - legend, never a DM. Square peg in a round hole. Lost his legs.

Borini. Never making it in a million years.
Kopite-Jud

Postby Kopite-Jud » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:25 am

The worst thing about it is they all needed replacing 12 months ago.

117,000,000 pounds later and 4 of them 6 are nailed on starters and are undroppable no matter how they play.

Absolute travesty
Kopite-Jud

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion