Brendan Rodgers thread (signs extended contract)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby C-R » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:32 pm

bunglemark2 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:30 pm wrote:I've never called for an LFC manager to be sacked before. This is too far though. Bye bye Brendan

Finally agree with you on something, the guy is clueless
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:57 pm

I've always supported him, but I'm starting to feel he's gotten too big for his boots. We had great season last year, and he was (rightfully, in my opinion) given a lot of credit for it. But it's gone to his head, and that's effected the way he's managed the team. It's also caused distractions in his personal life, which I feel has had a negative effect on the club.

When you look at transfers, I've started to notice that bringing managers from the "lesser" clubs doesn't really seem to be working anymore, especially when it comes to transfers. Look at Moyes at United, and Rogers here (and even Villas-Boas at Chelsea a few years back). These managers were brought up, but they don't seem to understand the calibre of player that's required at this level. They're so used to making things work with just above average players, that they seem to have the thought in their head that they can continue to do that. Then you have to top-class players that don't want to come to a club because the manager is not of the class they think is required to be successful. Moyes turns to LVG, and all the sudden they've got Falcao and Di Maria signing up.

I never miss games, or even watch them recorded. I love watching us play, but these last few months I feel I've began to lose that passion towards the game. It's got nothing to do with results, we've been having pretty poor results for a few years now. I honestly feel the club has lost it's identity. Not just in the way we play, but who's playing at the club now. If you look at the lineup today, very few player have been here for more than a few years, and the ones that have been, bar Sterling just aren't up to it anymore (Johnson and Gerrard, arguably Skrtel). The turnstile of players we've seen the last couple of years has made this club anonymous to its fans, and unlike last year we can't get the results or even play with any excitement to at least paper over the fact that we've lost that personal connection with who currently represents the club.

I don't know what the solution is, but I'm terrified at the direction the club is headed.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:17 pm

They're all football mercenaries at the level we think the club should be at. Look at the Chavs right now - anyone there you think loves Chelsea? Do you think every player in Madrid loves the city and the crest? Wake up - this is the reality for every manager, but when you waste millions on the wrong players, in the wrong positions ( Allen, Borini, Lovren, Lallana - when you can't see that a replacement for Gerrard was needed almost three years ago) then your number's up.
Rodgers can't see the wood for the trees, can't see that our season last year was defined by two players - one who scored 31 goals and without whom we were mid table, and a midfielder who can't cut it any more.
He overpaid for so many during the summer, talked about "the future" with Origi, Ibe, Sterling and others and can't see that success is defined year on year. Professionally naive is what he is.
Enough is enough. Take a bow Brendan.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:36 pm

Imo, he won't go before the Ludogarets game, however, I do think a decision by the Owners will probably be made tonight one way or another!

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby C-R » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:56 am

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:33 pm

Just reading back through this thread. Those who wanted him gone back in November must be gutted. 1 defeat in 14 since then. 5 clean sheets in our last 9 league games and Sturridge about to come back. We are also the only English team still in 4 competitions.

Happy birthday to the boss.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby C-R » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:52 pm

stmichael » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:33 am wrote:Just reading back through this thread. Those who wanted him gone back in November must be gutted. 1 defeat in 14 since then. 5 clean sheets in our last 9 league games and Sturridge about to come back. We are also the only English team still in 4 competitions.

I was one of the worst mate and i am very pleased to be proved wrong, all the odds did start stacking up against him but he must take some of the blame though

Hence my happy birthday pic  :laugh:  :laugh:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:59 pm

I'm sure he's wished himself happy birthday enough times in the mirror.....
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:14 pm

supersub » Jan 26th, '15, 12:59 wrote:I'm sure he's wished himself happy birthday enough times in the mirror.....

:D  not forgetting the sparkly teeth. Wonder whether he had to wear sunglasses when he looked in the mirror wishing himself a very Happy Birthday

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:30 pm

cardiff-red » Jan 26th, '15, 12:52 wrote:
stmichael » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:33 am wrote:Just reading back through this thread. Those who wanted him gone back in November must be gutted. 1 defeat in 14 since then. 5 clean sheets in our last 9 league games and Sturridge about to come back. We are also the only English team still in 4 competitions.

I was one of the worst mate and i am very pleased to be proved wrong, all the odds did start stacking up against him but he must take some of the blame though

Letsd wait and see what the recommendations are from the full review. I think a DoF and Head Coach will be implemented. BR doesn't want to work under a DoF, unless he has changed his mind, though I can't see that happening.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:30 pm

Kash_Mountain » Jan 26th, '15, 14:30 wrote:
cardiff-red » Jan 26th, '15, 12:52 wrote:

Lets wait and see what the recommendations are from the full review. I think a DoF and Head Coach will be implemented. BR doesn't want to work under a DoF, unless he has changed his mind, though I can't see that happening.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:46 pm

supersub » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:59 am wrote:I'm sure he's wished himself happy birthday enough times in the mirror.....

:laugh:  :laugh:

"I'm outstanding and every day more so "
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:38 am

While Rodgers probably deserved some of the criticism earlier in the season, I think now he deserves quite a bit of credit for the improvements we've made.

His management of Mignolet was questioned but clearly there are huge improvements in his form and its had a positive impact. 

We now finally look like a team that can defend.  Bringing in Lucas, Can and Sakho has helped the team so much. 

The pressing has returned and we are playing with high intensity again. 

We are looking like a really strong team again and one that in my opinion has the potential to be more balanced than last season's. 
Our brilliant attack got us through last season. 
Next season we may finally have a strong defence, midfield and attack. 

Lots of work to be done but im optimistic with what i am seeing.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:02 pm

jacdaniel » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:38 am wrote:While Rodgers probably deserved some of the criticism earlier in the season, I think now he deserves quite a bit of credit for the improvements we've made.

His management of Mignolet was questioned but clearly there are huge improvements in his form and its had a positive impact. 

We now finally look like a team that can defend.  Bringing in Lucas, Can and Sakho has helped the team so much. 

We are looking like a really strong team again and one that in my opinion has the potential to be more balanced than last season's. 

Our best period last night was early on in the game when the 2 teams had their best XI's on the pitch, their much vaunted midfield of Fabregas, Matic and Oscar were doing nothing and we only started to lose our way once Sakho and Markovic went off.
That just highlights how good a job Brendan has done with this team, we went into Chelsea's backyard and not only held them out for 90 minutes but created the better chances too. There was nothing between the sides and considering they have an open chequebook and Mourinho as manager it just shows you how well Brendan has done.
As you say we may have lost a great strike force but we are a much better all round team now.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:25 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Jan 28th, '15, 13:02 wrote:
jacdaniel » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:38 am wrote:While Rodgers probably deserved some of the criticism earlier in the season, I think now he deserves quite a bit of credit for the improvements we've made.

Our best period last night was early on in the game when the 2 teams had their best XI's on the pitch, their much vaunted midfield of Fabregas, Matic and Oscar were doing nothing and we only started to lose our way once Sakho and Markovic went off.
That just highlights how good a job Brendan has done with this team, we went into Chelsea's backyard and not only held them out for 90 minutes but created the better chances too. There was nothing between the sides and considering they have an open chequebook and Mourinho as manager it just shows you how well Brendan has done.
As you say we may have lost a great strike force but we are a much better all round team now.

He is not doing a good job at all. We lost and he becomes much lauded!  He is not learning from his mistakes at all. For example:

LFC came 2nd last season because of the way the team played (2nd half of last season) and rightly deserved their place.  Can you tell me why he decided to change things? why not continue playing like the ‘2nd half’ of last season (yes he wasted the 1st half of last season playing his philosophy nonsense, just like the 1st part of this season).  Again, down to BR.   Has he learnt from it, no he hasn’t.  Don’t give me any rubbish about LS not being here or DS injury.  BR had ample, ample time to sort a suitable replacement for LS, because he knew a year in advance that he was going to leave.   You don’t need LS to press high up the pitch and put the opposition under pressure. He could have made use of LFC assets from the Academy.

In yesterdays game, what was the reason for GJ even being on the bench?, why not give one of the Academy players a go, they would be much more deserving!. GJ done absolutely nothing when he came on. Did you notice Lucas struggling, his legs seem to wobble, looked knackered, then as soon as that becomes apparent, moves him to the Right, why?, same with Henderson, why put him on the Right?

You realise BR got all the players he wanted except for the one that ended up at Arsenal. Why didn’t BR choose to go for other top players?  He went for quantity rather than much needed quality. Again, that is down to BR. He brought players  suited to the ‘press high’ etc system, but instead, has them playing his philosophy system for much of the season. Is it any wonder that the players didn’t settle as quickly, they didn’t know whether they were coming or going!

He is a Coach at the end of the day,  as a Manager, he is poor, and not what LFC need.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion